MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

how to take notes from webpage /ncert pdfs ? any software? help me friends

hi friends, i am struggling making notes in paper format , i am making notesfor hindu , and online websites , difficult to maintain continuity , many constraints i am facing while notes in paper format ,
help me out friends,
regards
vetri

Comments

• Same ques
    * Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our greatest fear is we are powerful beyond measure*
  • I hv soft copy of all ncerts
  • Try Autoclip if Mrunal's recommendation doesn't work.
  • edited January 2016
    EasyClip for Android.
    Ditto for Windows.
    Clips for ios.

These software just keep notes of anything that you copy. You need to merge them and edit later on at evernote/one note.

For continuity, you can use feedly so that you get all material of different websites at one place. Moreover, you won't miss anything. I use an android app called feedly reader.

Works for me. :)
  • Wat is one is reading from a hardcopy book?
  • If ebook is not available, I prefer highlighting in the book and scribble additional things there itself.

the best option is to write the imp keywords everyday. and at the end of the month , match it with the visions monthly material..
    It is Job Hi Karwalo .. not Jo Bhi Karwalo.... mind it

the best option is to write the imp keywords everyday. and at the end of the month , match it with the visions monthly material..
    I am talking about ncerts n reference books .

It tkes tym to und and wen u und it fully, till then there are soo mny sources to mk notes of. And in every reading, u get to see new perspective... n wat if u wish to mk ppr notes

It tkes tym to und and wen u und it fully, till then there are soo mny sources to mk notes of. And in every reading, u get to see new perspective... n wat if u wish to mk ppr notes
    ncert notes are not reqd. make notes only of geo 11,12 ncert and nothing else.

For laxminkanth and history-- mark it in the book itself and make notes if u r doing from mrunal videos.
    Keep notes for current purpose.

G.S?

For laxminkanth and history-- mark it in the book itself and make notes if u r doing from mrunal videos.

Wat is one is reading from a hardcopy book?

Wat abt geo and sci n eco?
  • Here's how I make notes in Evernote :
    1. Open NCERT pdf chapter(in adobe reader) + a notepad(use notepad++) + Evernote/One Note. ( If one note , then notepad not required)
    2. Copy relevant portion of text from the pdf
    3. paste in notepad and edit (delete irrelevant parts/append additional info if u think fit) . Make it concise and not too verbose so that it again end up being a book itself.
    4. copy this concise text from notepad and paste it in Evernote.
    Note : the intermediary step #3 is done for two reasons (which can be avoided in OneNote as it maintains the same inherent font):
    • to save bandwidth as editing in evernote/onenote consumes data. ;)
    • to maintain font consistency in evernote. The pasted text overrides the default font of evernote. :s
    I recommend using Evernote and ready to debate for its edge over oneNote. :D ;)
    चरैवेति चरैवेति - Johnnie Walker

there are several points in class 7-8 geo as well like which vegetation is grown in which part which makes it mandatory revision. making a notes for prelims pov is must.
    चरैवेति चरैवेति - Johnnie Walker

there are several points in class 7-8 geo as well like which vegetation is grown in which part which makes it mandatory revision. making a notes for prelims pov is must.
    sir it depends from where u r studying.. and more than that u have to see the input output ratio. To study all the ncerts for geography is a waste of time.. because of the env and science section now. rajtanil's video + 2 ncert are more than sufficient

Wat is one is reading from a hardcopy book?

Wat abt geo and sci n eco?
    see science -- there can be no notes except current.. U need to look at previos yr paperrs.. make notes for geo and economics only. as these two are conceptual subjects.. rest mark it in the book itself

sir it depends from where u r studying.. and more than that u have to see the input output ratio. To study all the ncerts for geography is a waste of time.. because of the env and science section now. rajtanil's video + 2 ncert are more than sufficient
    Rajtanil's video?
  • And if we lose data vll lose all online notes?

Rajtanil's video?
    its on mrunals website

Rajtanil's video?
    its on mrunals website
    Wat if we lose data on online notes?

Rajtanil's video?
    its on mrunals website
    i dont have an idea of online notes. i make it on A4 sheets or otherwise mark it on books.. have kept a printer, if something is imp , i directly take a printout

Rajtanil's video?
    its on mrunals website
    i dont have an idea of online notes. i make it on A4 sheets or otherwise mark it on books.. have kept a printer, if something is imp , i directly take a printout
    And wat if u need to edit notes on paper like from ref books ? Then?
  • Then wat would u do?
  • @Krishreturns : Very good endeavour bhai :)

Keep it up :)

All the best bhai :)

Thank u bhai...mujhe pata hai aap macho_man hai. :)

abhi 15 january se suru kiya hu...12 log subscribe kiye hai...dekhte hai aage kya hota hai.
    Aap subscribe kar lena...main daily videos upload karunga.

Support my infant youtube channel :)

abhi 15 january se suru kiya hu...12 log subscribe kiye hai...dekhte hai aage kya hota hai.

Bilkul bhai..
    Kis naam se hai?.... Muje bata dijiye main subscribe kar loonga..

Ye --- " i academy " ke naam se hi hain kya?
  • edited January 2016

@Krishreturns : Very good endeavour bhai :)

Bilkul bhai..
    Kis naam se hai?.... Muje bata dijiye main subscribe kar loonga..

Ye --- " i academy " ke naam se hi hain kya?
    "Narottam K" namm se hai, youtube me aap search karna "chemistry in daily life part 1 by Narottam K"
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog