ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

Need Review - Geography Test Series 650 Questions - Guidance IAS

Hi everyone,

One of my friend (2014 Interview) is strictly recommending for Guidance IAS test series. It would be great if any one of you who had joined it earlier could provide the review.

Also, they are claiming to have discussed nearly 400 marks of 2015 mains question during their previous test series. http://goo.gl/eqQDUT
How true is this?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I have already done test series from Shabbir Sir
·

Comments

• Any one?
    ·
  • For starters
    The LHS and RHS of the document given in the link do not equate themselves
    The one who compiled it doesn't even have a basic idea of answers for his own questions in the said programme.

And be dead sure that if anyone claims to have discussed 400 marks worth questions in the present geography paper, he is misleading you.

I happened to see the first test paper of this programme and looking at the questions my first impression was that the test series is similar to Neetu Singh's test series. Full of uselessly difficult questions.

Shabbir is much better in comparison. For a change you can try out Majid or else continue with Shabbir.
    ·
  • edited January 2016
    @louislitt Thanks.

As said earlier, I have already done the test series of Shabbir Sir. So want to attend a new test series akin to that of Shabbir Sir. Majid Hussain is not in my list and Guidance test series has similarity to Shabbir Sir's.

It is for sure that I am not going to get lured by 400 marks that they are claiming. But the thing which is interesting is the fact that they have discussed all these issues that came in the examination like environmentalism paradigm.

Also, I have got a good review of the teacher. So to be doubly sure I want to get the reviews from the persons who have personally attended his classes in this regard.
    ·
  • edited January 2016
    i had joined himanshu sir of guidance ias 500+ qip prog + test series in last sep.i was more then satisfied with it.. i guess he has increased the no of question this time.he might be a new name in the coaching field but his techniques are very good.plus u can have discussion with him after the class..go n personally meet him if u hv any further doubt regarding the course.its upto u..
    ·
  • Hi guys,
    I've also heard a lot of review about Himanshu Sir's 500+ test series programme and one of my friend had also joined it, he was very happy from Sir especially from his method of tackling one and all questions was great itseems which also made it very easy for him to handle complete mains question paper of 2015 very well and because of which he's expecting great marks so I'm also looking forward for his upcoming 650+ test series commencing from 31st of this month.

·
  • Hi guys,
    I am also doing himanshu sir's geography optional classes. His teaching style is unique.He does not compromise with quality. For I m satisfied with.....
    I have joined his test series of 650+ program. This is going on......
    ·
  • I joined sirs 500+ prog..n it was immensely beneficial.

just by looking at the doc. it would seem that ques r different but if u attend the sessions u will understand that the discussion of 1 ques can help u solve many related ques this is the reason one session discussion takes 4-5 hrs.

Best thing about guidance is that they will give u trial class n u can judge it yourself
    @Tiger1 strongly recommended
    ·
  • See there is basic difference that one is there with all name & fame , while other is new in market. So, newer would try hard to achieve all those. Same is the situation of people from Guidance IAS.
    One of my roommate had written in that series.He was satisfied with quality of questions and discussions of answers.He told teacher's approach was quite good and especially for part 2 of paper.

Since , you have seen other teachers, I would suggest you to go and personally meet and have demo classes before deciding.
    ·
  • In 2015 I had joined 500+ program. The course was well planned and taught. It was helpful in clearing my conceptual base,giving me proper direction on how and what to prepare from the syllabus,and keeping me motivated to prepare on a regular base. The program consisted of systematic discussion of questions syllabus wise including basic as well as current related topics. Sir paid personal attention to each of his student and was available for clarifying my doubts even after completion of my course.
    ·
  • In 2015 I had joined 500+ program. The course was well planned and taught. It was helpful in clearing my conceptual base,giving me proper direction on how and what to prepare from the syllabus,and keeping me motivated to prepare on a regular base. The program consisted of systematic discussion of questions syllabus wise including basic as well as current related topics. Sir paid personal attention to each of his student and was available for clarifying my doubts even after completion of my course.
    ·
  • what is the location of himanshu sir's classes? also what is his schedule and finally what is his fees?
    pal bhar ke liye koi rslt dikha de...jhota hi sahi
    ·
  • Guidance IAS is opposite to subway...near popular juice centre...650+ question test series start from Jan 30th...
    ·
  • I joined test series this time for.my second attemp. Cleared mains in first attemp with 262 marks in geo.. This is the worst test series .. Most of the que are from previous year papers.. Couldnt bear the first discussion more than 20 mins.. They do not check the copies at time.. This time they did not checked last 3 4 tests.. The people who are telling he is the best I know some of them, they even did not cleared preelims this time.. Im thinking about shabbir this year.. Vision is also good. Last year It helped me to get good marks.. This year I made a mistake just beacuse of the reviews that he is the best techaer bla bla. I wasted my money and time.
    ·
  • I have done classes from Shabbir Sir and test series from both Shabbir Sir and Guidance. Here is my take on its test series

About Test Series:
    - Quite similar to Shabbir Sir where in 25-30 questions were discussed before the test.

Pros:
    - Teacher is knowledgeable and hardworking.
    - Discussions are very good and more exhaustive.
    - Questions coming up in tests are not repeated (This was the biggest and only drawback of Shabbir Sirs Test series wherein questions which were already discussed came up in the test series)
    - Quality of questions are really good and covers almost all the topics. Here I find most of the questions were analytical in nature unlike Shabbir Sir whose questions were straight forward (but quite relevant). I think given the type of question UPSC is asking, one has to master both the type of questions.
    - Just like Shabbir Sir, teacher is easily available and co-operative

Cons:
    - Classes are of long duration - 4 hours each session.
    - Copy checking are OK type and take atleast 15 days. Btw I got all my copies checked!
    - Unlike Shabbir Sir who forces the students to write and submit the answer, here you will have to do answer writing on your own. So, NO explicit writing practice. You will get the question, you will have the discussion but you will have to write the answers on your own.

Final Take:
    A good test series for knowledge enhancement and tackling analytical questions.

Regarding 400 marks claim:
    If you discuss more than 500 questions, it is bound that you discuss nearly all the topics even the hidden one. Same is the case with Shabbir Sir (He donot need to claim!). Last year, nearly all the questions came directly from Shabbir Sir test series (as the questions were straight forward). But certainly, this year questions were in line with guidance (due to analytical type). So, one should be ready to dealt with both the type of questions.
    ·
  • What is the price for guidance ias test series?
    Vaji has increased their fee this time to 11000/- ( does anybody have an idea if vaji's discount for past students is also available to students of test series only?)
    ·
  • Anybody else please throw some light...so what is the final take...shabbir sir or himanshu sir...as the batches are going to start????
    ·
  • Is the guidance ias 500+ qip prog + test series available in xerox shop of orn????
    ·
  • I had join the Guidance 500 prog. So many questions come directly and indirectly and he explain those questions very well and there is one more positive is that if you want to ask question from different topics after class he is always there to reply
    ·
  • mr.india said:

Anybody else please throw some light...so what is the final take...shabbir sir or himanshu sir...as the batches are going to start????

so which one u joined?
    Pls share ur opinion
    Time is the best teacher
    ·
  • @Teddy can you share your experience about Shabbir sir test series.....willing to join him for this Feb batch. whats the size of these test series batches,also is he hard to reach to not about time availability but interaction wise....I have heard he takes few classes before every test....like there are two tests after the prelims, can we approach him as many number of times as we want to ...please help
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google