Registration : Open Test by ForumIAS – May 24 | Online + Offline FEW DAYS BEFORE THE PRELIMS by CSE Rank 373 : SURYAWANSHI MAYUR
Online/Offline Batch Enrollment For Focussed Foundation Program 2019 (limited seats available)
Click Here :- Details | Register | Download Brochure
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Last Lap Current Affairs for Prelims 2018           (2) Science and Technology for Mains 2018 & Prelims 2019
(3) Comprehensive module for Ancient, Medieval, Modern History - Pre+Mains    (4) Concepts + latest developments in Environment/Ecology (Pre & Mains)
(5) Class 6-12 NCERT Summary for all the Subjects -Mains 18 & Prelims 19     (6) Important Topics for Mains GS Paper 2 and 3
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

How to develop Mobile App?

Friends...this is the time post mains when we have liberty for two months to venture out ...i want to learn how to develop a mobile app for example...like the flipkart app,ola cabs app,or other such types...how much time will it take to learn and gain proficiency so that i can tune it as per needs...means if i want to change or bring in new features i can do it myself...do i need a team or one can do it all alone?what all basics i need to learn?and can i learn it on my own?then how much time shall it take.experts pls give ur valuable advice...and dont start bakar atleast in this thread...it can be helpful to many guys.

ps---no background in computers/software/it engineering.
I AINT GOT TIME TO BLEED !

Comments

• can i learn it in two-three months? i have few ideas and i want to implement but due to lack of knowledge regarding developing apps i m not able to implement it.

• CAESAR said:

can i learn it in two-three months? i have few ideas and i want to implement but due to lack of knowledge regarding developing apps i m not able to implement it.

I dont think it would be so easy.

• edited January 2016
    banke007 said:

CAESAR said:

can i learn it in two-three months? i have few ideas and i want to implement but due to lack of knowledge regarding developing apps i m not able to implement it.

hmm...it wont be easy i understand...par how much time will it take any idea? 6 months is enough?along with prep?

• CAESAR said:

banke007 said:

CAESAR said:

hmm...it wont be easy i understand...par how much time will it take any idea? 6 months is enough?along with prep?
    Yaar i think such amazing apps need a dedicated expert team. Each member looks after a particular aspect of app

PS: pure guesswork

• CAESAR said:

banke007 said:

CAESAR said:

You search for android app development course in C-DAC,pune.They teach the apk in 3months
    In times of universal deceit,telling the truth is a revolutionary act!
  • Any online course for android development?
    Like EDX or coursers?
    IRS-IT [2016]
  • hiii, it tks time in d sense u ll have to learn java or some basic language.u can do some course,learning on own is v tough bt wt is more difficult in working alone is u miss out on lot of things which u learn only by working in team.settings,configurations.etc.Different Platforms like IOS,Android,Windows require knowledge of different languages so even if u learn say java which is used for Android still u ll need developers for Other platforms. Do course nd simultaneously join as intern somewhere even if its unpaid.There is great demand for Mobile developers.Making apps tks time!! All The Best
    Help Animals this summer Water Bowl Project
  • simr_2015 said:

hiii, it tks time in d sense u ll have to learn java or some basic language.u can do some course,learning on own is v tough bt wt is more difficult in working alone is u miss out on lot of things which u learn only by working in team.settings,configurations.etc.Different Platforms like IOS,Android,Windows require knowledge of different languages so even if u learn say java which is used for Android still u ll need developers for Other platforms. Do course nd simultaneously join as intern somewhere even if its unpaid.There is great demand for Mobile developers.Making apps tks time!! All The Best

hmm...got it..i shud drop the plan as of now...i thought 2-3 months would suffiice but it seems atleast an year is required to develop an app on my own...ok any idea how much money i would have to give to someone who can develop an app for me?but i fear that the person may steal my idea . :D

• CAESAR said:

simr_2015 said:

hiii, it tks time in d sense u ll have to learn java or some basic language.u can do some course,learning on own is v tough bt wt is more difficult in working alone is u miss out on lot of things which u learn only by working in team.settings,configurations.etc.Different Platforms like IOS,Android,Windows require knowledge of different languages so even if u learn say java which is used for Android still u ll need developers for Other platforms. Do course nd simultaneously join as intern somewhere even if its unpaid.There is great demand for Mobile developers.Making apps tks time!! All The Best

hmm...got it..i shud drop the plan as of now...i thought 2-3 months would suffiice but it seems atleast an year is required to develop an app on my own...ok any idea how much money i would have to give to someone who can develop an app for me?but i fear that the person may steal my idea . :D
    :lol: Depend on depth and width of app! but u should be ready to shell out >lakh minimum for robust app.app covering all IOS+Windows+android.Usually runs in lakhs.To save developer from stealing codes u can ask them to work at ur own place bt experienced developers ll nt agree for such arrangement. So u can sign Copyright nd non disclosure agreement with small company nd outsource it. Tc.
    Help Animals this summer Water Bowl Project
  • 2-3 months is enough to learn and create a basic android app, considering that you already know Java.
  • CAESAR said:

simr_2015 said:

Dont drop the idea. you can start learning coding sitting at home as there are numerous websites which teach coding for free eg. codeacademy. but dont even think of that you will make highly complex app by urself in few months. but these basics will help you when u recriut someone in your company for techinical operations. simultaneously, you can start looking someone in your close network who can code professionaly, if you think the guy is reliable, offer him equity in the company and make him co-founder. he wont steal you idea then.
  • CAESAR said:

simr_2015 said:

Dont drop the idea. you can start learning coding sitting at home as there are numerous websites which teach coding for free eg. codeacademy. but dont even think of that you will make highly complex app by urself in few months. but these basics will help you when u recriut someone in your company for techinical operations. simultaneously, you can start looking someone in your close network who can code professionaly, if you think the guy is reliable, offer him equity in the company and make him co-founder. he wont steal you idea then.
    I learn java in my college days,now forget everything
    From past 2 year i didint even write a single line of programming
    Now i want to make entry again in this field
    Can i expertise in programming,making app in 10-12 month if i am giving daily 2 hour to programming
    Because i need some backup

And can i join as a intern
    Ps.-i am a bca graduate
  • Rail_life said:

CAESAR said:

simr_2015 said:

Can i expertise in programming,making app in 10-12 month if i am giving daily 2 hour to programming

Ps.-i am a bca graduate
    Anyone can code. All you need is zeal for learning and logical mind. You have studied java means you know what is programming, that would make things easier for you. But self-learning has limitaions, expertise comes when you work in real life projects. But somewhere u hv to start. You better start coding from today itself. There are numerous free coding tutorials available online. Go now! :)
  • Rail_life said:

CAESAR said:

simr_2015 said:

Ps.-i am a bca graduate
    Anyone can code. All you need is zeal for learning and logical mind. You have studied java means you know what is programming, that would make things easier for you. But self-learning has limitaions, expertise comes when you work in real life projects. But somewhere u hv to start. You better start coding from today itself. There are numerous free coding tutorials available online. Go now! :)
    I dont have this
    "Logical mind" :'(
  • Rail_life said:

Rail_life said:

CAESAR said:

simr_2015 said:

Ps.-i am a bca graduate
    I dont have this
    "Logical mind" :'(
    ha!joking? you said bca graduate. bca means bachelor of computer applications. how u graduated in such technical field without having logical mind?
  • thanks all of u for ur valuable inputts <3

• @CAESAR try appinventor (appinventor.mit.edu) by MIT. I havn't used it but read somewhere its quite good.
  • I love the people who are interested in learning new things and taking the challenge to do so... :smile: :smile: ....i m soon gonna start learning a foreign language online....

No specialized background is needed for android app development.....try searching the internet...there will definitely some open source softwares that help in it.....also there must be online lectures available for beginners.....I am saying this on the basis of my own experience of doing things in which I have no background.......also try experimenting with whatever u do.....be ready and enjoy the failures in the process..... Enjoy and all the best.... :smile:
    Humbleness, Ambition, Decisiveness, Compassion, Bigheartedness, Confidence, Killer Instinct, Morality, Dominance, Sense of Justice.
  • @CAESAR try appinventor (appinventor.mit.edu) by MIT. I havn't used it but read somewhere its quite good.

thank u bro.

thanks @Achilles451 and @Clandestine

• edited January 2016
    if you've "no background in computers/software/it engineering" then I humbly suggest that you shouldn't waste your time here. Programming isn't so easy. Even if you know basic programming stuff you need to know much more than that like data management, optimising data/programming & security. Even shortcut application developing methods like appinventor or visualbasic dot net etc are not as easy as they may sound to be. Developing application's appearance may be easy but adding some utility requires a lot of skill. In the end, it's a very mechanical job and you'll be bored before you actually finish it.

I have a very solid programming background and even I find this tedious. 2-3 months is just not enough.

I would genuinely suggest you learn some other skill that may serve you better... maybe like another language or accent.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog