"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.

I need to buy a printer with minimum printing cost

Guys..
I need to buy a printer with minimum printing cost..
Plz suggest..
·

Comments

• Are u using ds one..what s d printing cost in it..
    ·
  • http://www.snapdeal.com/product/epson-l210-printer-print-scan/585387

I have this one, have been using for past one year. Very cheap original cartridge, 450 bucks. I have not counted the number of pages, but it should be around 1200-1500 or may be even more. You can compare with other suggestions.
    ·
  • M1136 mfp....hp model..... long life and very efficient. Brought it two years back. Worth every penny. I know its not cheap. 300 rs gives 1200+ prints
    ·
  • Character has to be established through a thousand stumbles...
    ·
  • HP ka le lo....photocopier ,scanner printer combo ....all in one wala...the best hai...I am also using....no issue..agar only printer chahiye to bhi hp hee Lena...
    There are better starters than me but I'm a strong finisher.
    Usain bolt
    ·
  • Try Brother b&w laser printers
    ·
  • I have a good experience with CANON LBP 2900B which is a laser one

I have printed more than 1500 pages till now.. mostly GKT material and all light strictly TEXT ( seldom images) and not yet refilled..

6500 tak ka hai.. and gives around 2000 pages.. aur toner refill bhi around 500-700 me hota hai acha wala...

for strictly UPSC oriented preparation,brother..trust me.. Canon LBP2900 is the one..

I saw it on this very forum some 2 years ago... aur hamne khareed leaa :D and i am loving it !
    Mood bohot kharab hai kya kare
    Prelims -2 Mains-2 Interview - 0
    ·
  • Guys..
    I need to buy a printer with minimum printing cost..
    Plz suggest..

Sirf 1
    "hp 1020 plus"
    bas aur koi nhi
    ·
  • Canon lbp2900b, 1.5 years same cartridge refilled almost 10 times at cost of rs 350 per refill, print output arnd 1500
    ·
  • Have recently bought canon lbp2900b and it is doing pretty good..u can go for it
    ·
  • i am having hp 1020 printer with me ... i did not change the catridge since i bought . refilling with new drum --cost 300-400 else the cost is just around 200-250.. one problem i am facing is small circular dots coming due old catridge ,, i should replace it with a new one of original ..

·
  • go for Ricoh Afficio SP111 laser printer costs around Rs3000 only,very reliable.
    ·
  • Epson L210. Nothing can even come close to the printing cost per page.
    CSE 2015. Got in.

CSE 2016. Hopefully, the hallowed All India Services.
    ·
  • HP1020 plus...its a good printer, have been using since 2012...have refilled the same cartidge thrice..and changed the drum once..refilling cost ~rs200..prints around 1500 pages...even if you are not printing regularly, then also there is no problem, the quality remains the same.
    ·
  • trivedi said:

i am having hp 1020 printer with me ... i did not change the catridge since i bought . refilling with new drum --cost 300-400 else the cost is just around 200-250.. one problem i am facing is small circular dots coming due old catridge ,, i should replace it with a new one of original ..

@trivedi .. Maybe the dot is because of poor quality of drum..you may get it replaced..once my printer was printing a band of black on the left margin...when i checked, the colour of drum had faded on the edge,..and it had scratch marks...i changed the drum and now printer is working perfectly.
    ·
  • Canon 2900B....high quality printout at minimal cost.Refill is also economical 250-300 bucks only for 1000+ pages.Performance is worth every penny.Have been a user from last two years and no complaints.
    ·
  • edited January 2016
    Canon lpb2900 FTW ! Go for it.
    History Optional
    "Let the fear find you again "
    ·
  • Canon 2900B and HP 1020

They use the same toner 12A - which gives 2000 types copies with Rs.150-200 refill. Since they have the same toner, it doesn't make a difference which one you buy.

But Canon 2900B comes with a full toner which is refillable, whereas HP 1020 will come with a toner which is half filled with plastic -to reduce capacity- and will require quick refilling. ( so that quickly go and buy a genuine HP toner ,whereas what you really want is a toner which can be refilled in the market by anyone )

So 2900B :smile: , no matter what the price difference is.

Not to mention canon has 2 year warranty with home service available, so much so that I got 5 of them for offices when I was working with District Administration.
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
    ·
  • Brother the models are easily refillable.. I bought the toner ink and have refilled twice over 2 years.. Great performance..
    ·
  • thanq frnds..going for 2900..ol ur firm replies took me to d memoirs f kota when v as kids wer confused in buying our 1st scientific calc.. :)
    ·
  • Brother the models are easily refillable.. I bought the toner ink and have refilled twice over 2 years.. Great performance..

@Paris_Hilton
    Buddy can we buy the toner ink on amazon ? Do you have the link?
    Thanks
    History Optional
    "Let the fear find you again "
    ·
  • Bhai logon mere pas HP1020 laser printer h jab bhi 2 se jyada printout nikalne ki koshish karta hun paper bich me atak jata h(like after 2-3 printouts paper gets jam).Is it software problem or hardware problem??
    I use Windows 8.
    ·
  • thanq frnds..going for 2900..ol ur firm replies took me to d memoirs f kota when v as kids wer confused in buying our 1st scientific calc.. :)

2900?? hich company. Also can you let us know why are you going for this one only. The libk from where you are buying
    ·
  • Canon lbp 2900B....you can order it online too.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google