How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

Review needed for- Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania - TMH publications

If Anybody got hold of - Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania - TMH publications book plz give feedback. Available on flipkart and Amazon.

Comments

• waste book
  • edited January 2016
    1 mahine subah sham art pdhna.....iucn ki list ratna, science me latest technology ka in and out padhna, saari rocks ko udhed dena, saare governor general, unka appointment year rat Lena,Africa me kis country ka kis country per raaj tha wo bhi ratna and every different country from Congo to nizer sabke freedom fighter bhi.. aur fir baad me poochna ki would studying 12 hour a day is enough??????

PS: @gt2015 bhai tere lie nahi hai ye message kahin tu khundak kha zaaye :neutral:
    Padho bhai zitna padh sakte ho...meri tarah Khali baithne se bhi kya hona hai...bas thoda ROI dekh Lena brothers
  • More than enough for prelims..not for mains..
  • gt2015 said:

If Anybody got hold of - Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania - TMH publications book plz give feedback. Available on flipkart and Amazon.

Hi,

In my considered opinion Nitin Singhania's book is mostly the rehashed version of his handwritten notes. That does not take away the usefulness of the book as far as a concise source is concerned. It is sufficient for Prelims and useful for Mains but since nowadays the CS Mains questions of Culture cover a wide range of topics and their interconnections, the book is certainly not the only source you should rely on.

Neither should it be your only book of reference if you are aiming for Mains. The best way forward is to use Nitin Singhania's book/notes along with Ancient and Medieval India NCERT (Old) and NIOS book to explore the topics further and prepare your own notes.

• Nice and crisp for prelims but not for mains definitely. couple it with spectrum culture for architecture, temples and traditional crafts.
    PS: I read it only for Mains. :blush:
  • edited January 2016
    is it just compilation of ncert like his xerox handwritten notes
  • both books are not worth the time they consume. Instead focus on history NCERTS (6th to 12th). 11th arts NCERT is most important.
    Success!!
    Optional = Economics
  • edited March 2016
    You can never prepare 2500 years of Indian culture in one or two years. Just try to get a basic idea and make sure that if a very easy question comes, you are not the only one who does not get marks for that.
    In my opinion, read nitin singhania handwritten notes or the book. And supplement it with fine arts and crafts book (ncert) and the culture chapters of ancient and medieval india (old ncerts).... You can also read tamil texts... Very quick, easy and fun to read......
  • what are the supplementary book along wiht this for prelims (other then NCERT+NIOS)
    कृपया यहां ज्ञान न बांटे यहां सभी ज्ञानी है
  • Reading this book at least 2 times necessary
    Sarvejana Sukhino Bhavanthu
  • You can never prepare 2500 years of Indian culture in one or two years. Just try to get a basic idea and make sure that if a very easy question comes, you are not the only one who does not get marks for that.
    In my opinion, read nitin singhania handwritten notes or the book. And supplement it with fine arts and crafts book (ncert) and the culture chapters of ancient and medieval india (old ncerts).... You can also read tamil texts... Very quick, easy and fun to read......

Tamil texts as in manimekalai...silapadikaram ... pottu pottu... tolakapiyam ??
    But what if one cant read Tamil...will englush translation do?
  • Irrespective of what source you choose, do go through the following thread. Will take around 20-25 minutes to go through all the docs and it might be helpful in coverage of culture

http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/17212/comprehensive-notes-on-indian-culture-for-gs-1-and-pre-2016#latest
    Only worthwhile lesson from toppers -> Mains में इतने अंक लाओ कि साक्षात्कार redundant हो जाए
  • You can never prepare 2500 years of Indian culture in one or two years. Just try to get a basic idea and make sure that if a very easy question comes, you are not the only one who does not get marks for that.

Tamil texts as in manimekalai...silapadikaram ... pottu pottu... tolakapiyam ??
    But what if one cant read Tamil...will englush translation do?
    i think he was referring to tamilnadu board books
    कृपया यहां ज्ञान न बांटे यहां सभी ज्ञानी है
  • Hello friends, I am not preparing for IAS anymore, and I have printed notes from Sriram (complete set), old NCERT 11th and 12th, all new NCERT from 6th to 12th, Spectrum Geography, Shankar for Environment and host of other books and notes- Nitin Singhania's notes too, laxmikant, Bipinchandra, Basu etc etc. I would like to sell all this at half price. Any Bangalore based aspirant can contact me/ mail me in case you would like to buy.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog