Click Here to Join the Official Telegram Channel of ForumIAS for Quick Updates, Downloads  and Free study material related to UPSC
Mitras IAS: - New Philosophy batch/ Epoche: Admissions starting from 25th March on First cum first served basis. Limited seats. HurryFor further Details Please Call us:01145505509/ 8826469839
Interview Assistance Program by ForumIAS

Congratulations on reaching the last leg of the Civil Services Examination. We would want you to clear this too. We are working on an Interview Assistance Program. Read here or leave your details by filling this form. Note : Since we have a limited handling capacity, things will happen on First Come First Serve Basis.

Module wise coaching for history , geography and economics

Hi ,

Can anyone suggest me good module wise coaching in Delhi for history/geography / economics. Any response much appreciated ..
·

Comments

• I attended "Erudition IAS" for GS Economy in MukherjeeNagar. I found Vivek sir excellent. The way he teaches is amazing. I have never found such a teacher and he is very friendly and accessible also. His mains notes are available in the market.
    ·
  • I have done module wise coaching and I have found some good teachers that teach in modules.

For Geography, Environment and Ecology Disaster Management- Sharad mani Thakur Sir He is a very good teacher for Geography, you will be able to understand and solve questions of UPSC after the classes and infact He solves the previous years in class itself. Very comfortably teaching with charts and diagrams etc. He is more like an UPSC teacher itlsef.
    Both optional and GS. He has no advertising mechanism or formal system. Announces his classes on his facebook account and you can ask him any query on his fb also. You can see him herehttps://www.facebook.com/sharad.thakur.7

History Arts and Culture and Social Issues- S. Baliyan Insights IAS Academy. He is a good teacher for History He gives all the points in a topic, Classes are more of writing. He first teaches a topic on board and then gives notes. Not the best but it is sufficient for UPSC.
    http://insightiasacademy.com/ This is their website. They too have History optional classes.

For Economy- No one suggested Teacher for this and I havent joined any module too Everyone suggested Mrunal on Youtube. Although if you want to join you can join Kalinga Ias Abani Sir. My friends took coaching from there and they said that they were satisfied. Some friends joined in Mpuris Ias too for economy, There is Ayush Agarwal Sir. People were saying him to be good also. So I didnt join any for economy but someone if He/ wants to join they can take trials here and see for themsleves.

Kalinga Ias: http://www.justdial.com/Delhi-NCR/Kalinga-Ias--Near-Axis-Bank-Old-Rajendra-Nagar-Market-Near-Karol-Bagh-Metro-Station-Old-Rajender-Nagar/011PXX11-XX11-100507115540-G3Y8_BZDET
    ·
  • I have done module wise coaching and I have found some good teachers that teach in modules.

For Geography, Environment and Ecology Disaster Management- Sharad mani Thakur Sir He is a very good teacher for Geography, you will be able to understand and solve questions of UPSC after the classes and infact He solves the previous years in class itself. Very comfortably teaching with charts and diagrams etc. He is more like an UPSC teacher itlsef.
    Both optional and GS. He has no advertising mechanism or formal system. Announces his classes on his facebook account and you can ask him any query on his fb also. You can see him herehttps://www.facebook.com/sharad.thakur.7

History Arts and Culture and Social Issues- S. Baliyan Insights IAS Academy. He is a good teacher for History He gives all the points in a topic, Classes are more of writing. He first teaches a topic on board and then gives notes. Not the best but it is sufficient for UPSC.
    http://insightiasacademy.com/ This is their website. They too have History optional classes.

For Economy- No one suggested Teacher for this and I havent joined any module too Everyone suggested Mrunal on Youtube. Although if you want to join you can join Kalinga Ias Abani Sir. My friends took coaching from there and they said that they were satisfied. Some friends joined in Mpuris Ias too for economy, There is Ayush Agarwal Sir. People were saying him to be good also. So I didnt join any for economy but someone if He/ wants to join they can take trials here and see for themsleves.

Kalinga Ias: http://www.justdial.com/Delhi-NCR/Kalinga-Ias--Near-Axis-Bank-Old-Rajendra-Nagar-Market-Near-Karol-Bagh-Metro-Station-Old-Rajender-Nagar/011PXX11-XX11-100507115540-G3Y8_BZDET

bhai are you the first timer? sharad mani thakur is an idiot he teaches very less which is not at all sufficient to UPSC level.. he teaches less and does Bakwas more... can any one dares to ask him a question/doubt?... do it then he will show you the true meaning of hell.. me and my friends were his students and he is the most hated teacher for us till now..
    ·
  • I attended "Erudition IAS" for GS Economy in MukherjeeNagar. I found Vivek sir excellent. The way he teaches is amazing. I have never found such a teacher and he is very friendly and accessible also. His mains notes are available in the market.

I recently came to know about this faculty through his notes that one of my friend has been following since last 2 years.. I have not attended hia coaching but his notes are excellent and they are free to download as well.
    ·
  • Can anyone suggest for polity gs paper ?
    ·
  • For polity M.Puri is good.but for economics mr.A. agrawal is good teacher for those who are good in economics(basics).
    unka ye problem he ki if you ask some basics the he told you why are you in delhi if u don't know basics :'( .he teaches as you are astudent of MA in economics.He will not provide you any hand out and bass padhate jayege..he is not like M puri.
    ·

bhai are you the first timer? sharad mani thakur is an idiot he teaches very less which is not at all sufficient to UPSC level.. he teaches less and does Bakwas more... can any one dares to ask him a question/doubt?... do it then he will show you the true meaning of hell.. me and my friends were his students and he is the most hated teacher for us till now..

I am not a first timer brother. Kahan pe padhe ho?
    Rau's ias ki baat kar rahe ho to wahan time nahi diya jata teacher ko. Aur UPSC level ki sufficiency ki baat hai to He is the only teacher in whole Rajinder Nagar who covers Previous Year Questions of pre and Mains in the Class itself. Ye kya nayi baat kar rahe ho level ki. His standards are very hig aur agar worst teacher hota to to Pulkit Garg aur Gurleen Malik Sir ki class me Seminar dene nahi aate. Gurleen Malik ne to Sir ke GS ke notes hi recommend kare hain Geography ke liye vo bhi Rau's wale notes.

Theek hai tumhara opinion hoga tumhe acha nahi laga hoga to ye matlab nahi ki worst aur hated ho gaya koi teacher

Me bhi unilaterally nahi bolna chahta hoon me khud padh raha hoon unse to standard pata hai Sir ka. Even revision in his coaching is free of cost. Aisa bhi kahin hota hain kya. Standard maine dekha hai 18 mahine me ki kya hai UPSC ka Gurelln Malik aur Pulkit Garg se personally mila hoon agar teacher kharab hota to vo log aate nahi seminar ke liye without taking a single penny.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google