Invitation : Attend OPEN Classes on Current Affairs for Mains 2017 on 16th & 17th at 11AM

Walk in to the Test Center at 11AM Today or Register for the 2 Days Open Classes, or enroll for the ONLINE / OFFLINE Current Affairs for Mains 2017 by visiting the below link http://blog.forumias.com/currentaffairs2017. A registration fee of Rs. 50/day is charged for the two day event to have a correct estimate of the number of people attending.

Module wise coaching for history , geography and economics

Hi ,

Can anyone suggest me good module wise coaching in Delhi for history/geography / economics. Any response much appreciated ..
·

Comments

• I attended "Erudition IAS" for GS Economy in MukherjeeNagar. I found Vivek sir excellent. The way he teaches is amazing. I have never found such a teacher and he is very friendly and accessible also. His mains notes are available in the market.
    ·
  • I have done module wise coaching and I have found some good teachers that teach in modules.

For Geography, Environment and Ecology Disaster Management- Sharad mani Thakur Sir He is a very good teacher for Geography, you will be able to understand and solve questions of UPSC after the classes and infact He solves the previous years in class itself. Very comfortably teaching with charts and diagrams etc. He is more like an UPSC teacher itlsef.
    Both optional and GS. He has no advertising mechanism or formal system. Announces his classes on his facebook account and you can ask him any query on his fb also. You can see him herehttps://www.facebook.com/sharad.thakur.7

History Arts and Culture and Social Issues- S. Baliyan Insights IAS Academy. He is a good teacher for History He gives all the points in a topic, Classes are more of writing. He first teaches a topic on board and then gives notes. Not the best but it is sufficient for UPSC.
    http://insightiasacademy.com/ This is their website. They too have History optional classes.

For Economy- No one suggested Teacher for this and I havent joined any module too Everyone suggested Mrunal on Youtube. Although if you want to join you can join Kalinga Ias Abani Sir. My friends took coaching from there and they said that they were satisfied. Some friends joined in Mpuris Ias too for economy, There is Ayush Agarwal Sir. People were saying him to be good also. So I didnt join any for economy but someone if He/ wants to join they can take trials here and see for themsleves.

Kalinga Ias: http://www.justdial.com/Delhi-NCR/Kalinga-Ias--Near-Axis-Bank-Old-Rajendra-Nagar-Market-Near-Karol-Bagh-Metro-Station-Old-Rajender-Nagar/011PXX11-XX11-100507115540-G3Y8_BZDET
    ·
  • I have done module wise coaching and I have found some good teachers that teach in modules.

For Geography, Environment and Ecology Disaster Management- Sharad mani Thakur Sir He is a very good teacher for Geography, you will be able to understand and solve questions of UPSC after the classes and infact He solves the previous years in class itself. Very comfortably teaching with charts and diagrams etc. He is more like an UPSC teacher itlsef.
    Both optional and GS. He has no advertising mechanism or formal system. Announces his classes on his facebook account and you can ask him any query on his fb also. You can see him herehttps://www.facebook.com/sharad.thakur.7

History Arts and Culture and Social Issues- S. Baliyan Insights IAS Academy. He is a good teacher for History He gives all the points in a topic, Classes are more of writing. He first teaches a topic on board and then gives notes. Not the best but it is sufficient for UPSC.
    http://insightiasacademy.com/ This is their website. They too have History optional classes.

For Economy- No one suggested Teacher for this and I havent joined any module too Everyone suggested Mrunal on Youtube. Although if you want to join you can join Kalinga Ias Abani Sir. My friends took coaching from there and they said that they were satisfied. Some friends joined in Mpuris Ias too for economy, There is Ayush Agarwal Sir. People were saying him to be good also. So I didnt join any for economy but someone if He/ wants to join they can take trials here and see for themsleves.

Kalinga Ias: http://www.justdial.com/Delhi-NCR/Kalinga-Ias--Near-Axis-Bank-Old-Rajendra-Nagar-Market-Near-Karol-Bagh-Metro-Station-Old-Rajender-Nagar/011PXX11-XX11-100507115540-G3Y8_BZDET

bhai are you the first timer? sharad mani thakur is an idiot he teaches very less which is not at all sufficient to UPSC level.. he teaches less and does Bakwas more... can any one dares to ask him a question/doubt?... do it then he will show you the true meaning of hell.. me and my friends were his students and he is the most hated teacher for us till now..
    ·
  • I attended "Erudition IAS" for GS Economy in MukherjeeNagar. I found Vivek sir excellent. The way he teaches is amazing. I have never found such a teacher and he is very friendly and accessible also. His mains notes are available in the market.

I recently came to know about this faculty through his notes that one of my friend has been following since last 2 years.. I have not attended hia coaching but his notes are excellent and they are free to download as well.
    ·
  • Can anyone suggest for polity gs paper ?
    ·
  • For polity M.Puri is good.but for economics mr.A. agrawal is good teacher for those who are good in economics(basics).
    unka ye problem he ki if you ask some basics the he told you why are you in delhi if u don't know basics :'( .he teaches as you are astudent of MA in economics.He will not provide you any hand out and bass padhate jayege..he is not like M puri.
    ·

bhai are you the first timer? sharad mani thakur is an idiot he teaches very less which is not at all sufficient to UPSC level.. he teaches less and does Bakwas more... can any one dares to ask him a question/doubt?... do it then he will show you the true meaning of hell.. me and my friends were his students and he is the most hated teacher for us till now..

I am not a first timer brother. Kahan pe padhe ho?
    Rau's ias ki baat kar rahe ho to wahan time nahi diya jata teacher ko. Aur UPSC level ki sufficiency ki baat hai to He is the only teacher in whole Rajinder Nagar who covers Previous Year Questions of pre and Mains in the Class itself. Ye kya nayi baat kar rahe ho level ki. His standards are very hig aur agar worst teacher hota to to Pulkit Garg aur Gurleen Malik Sir ki class me Seminar dene nahi aate. Gurleen Malik ne to Sir ke GS ke notes hi recommend kare hain Geography ke liye vo bhi Rau's wale notes.

Theek hai tumhara opinion hoga tumhe acha nahi laga hoga to ye matlab nahi ki worst aur hated ho gaya koi teacher

Me bhi unilaterally nahi bolna chahta hoon me khud padh raha hoon unse to standard pata hai Sir ka. Even revision in his coaching is free of cost. Aisa bhi kahin hota hain kya. Standard maine dekha hai 18 mahine me ki kya hai UPSC ka Gurelln Malik aur Pulkit Garg se personally mila hoon agar teacher kharab hota to vo log aate nahi seminar ke liye without taking a single penny.
    ·

Here are some notes of Sharad Sir for basics. And please see the previous year question papers of UPSC before talking nonsense. See if the questions have not been asked from these topics from basics.
    A teacher who solves the previous years for you in the class is an idiot and a teacher who will give you facts in the class teach less and give more and more Printed materials they are marvellous.

No offences but please see the previous year questions of Geography and attend Sir's few classes then please compare with any Geography notes you will surely get to know how better he teaches.
    ·
  • edited March 5

I have done module wise coaching and I have found some good teachers that teach in modules.

Here are some notes of Sharad Sir for basics. And please see the previous year question papers of UPSC before talking nonsense. See if the questions have not been asked from these topics from basics.
    A teacher who solves the previous years for you in the class is an idiot and a teacher who will give you facts in the class teach less and give more and more Printed materials they are marvellous.

No offences but please see the previous year questions of Geography and attend Sir's few classes then please compare with any Geography notes you will surely get to know how better he teaches.

Posted some basics notes Please see them and then decide.
    IMG_1634.JPG
    2188 x 2758 - 698K
    IMG_1635.JPG
    2146 x 2742 - 712K
    IMG_1636.JPG
    2173 x 3245 - 875K
    IMG_1638.JPG
    2151 x 2904 - 574K
    IMG_1639.JPG
    2321 x 3038 - 644K
    IMG_1637.JPG
    2001 x 3138 - 920K
    IMG_1634.JPG 697.6K
    IMG_1635.JPG 711.7K
    IMG_1636.JPG 875.3K
    IMG_1638.JPG 574.3K
    IMG_1639.JPG 643.7K
    IMG_1637.JPG 920.4K
    ·

Are you a first timer?
    Are you even Preparing for UPSC because if Sharad Sir's teaching is not enough then other teachers have only taught 60%
    Not even a single topic was left in his class. Even Map making was done on the board not like other teachers who do maps on the projectors
    That is the best experience you can get sitting in his class. Face to face discussion Previous Years question papers after every topic are discussed No question is ever dodged by him. And he speaks truth to the students however bitter it may be.

And If he is not teaching sufficient and He is such a bad teacher then Why his batches are always running without any advertisement any pamphlet He doesn't even have his own board.
    Don't talk without evidences Come and compare Bring any teacher's notes and see.

And moreover Donot misguide other students for your own vested interests. You could have respectfully asked the students to go to his classes and attend for a few days or weeks or see his previous batch class notes as there is nothing like you have to pay before the class. He is not at all money minded.

·
  • I only Joined Polity from M Puri Sir and IR and Internal Security is taught by Siddiqie Sir there That is included in the Module itself It is GS2+ Module. Puri Sir is very good, He has a very good hold over the subject Just one thing He doesn't make you write the Small facts which you have to see from Laxmikant. So My sincere advice that please read Laxmikant aling with classes.
    Siddiqi Sir's IR was not very good in some portions like West ASia- India ties otherwise he also covered everything.

I attended Geogprahy GS and Optional of SHarad Mani Thakur
    He teaches very well Charts diagrams Maps FLow Charts etc are always there in his teaching
    It makes understanding and revising very very easy.

You can join his class with closed eyes, Fees too is very less.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog