43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

Essay 2015 Solutions

Have found this file worth sharing

pdf
pdf
Essay Mains 2015 Solutions.pdf
298K
·
«13

Comments

  • "Character of an institution" has been wrongly interpreted by many. It was a slippery one. Here one had to explain how an institution's character moulds the leader. For instance no matter what personality uddhav or aditya thakrey have in general, they will hav to take radical stance to lead shiv sena. not the other way round.of course counter points wud b there. Those who hav wrongly interpreted and wrote the opposite are at risk of getting low marks.
    ·
  • Unfortunately ur solution key too has wrongly interpreted that institution wala topic.
    ·
  • dhruvtara said:

    Unfortunately ur solution key too has wrongly interpreted that institution wala topic.

    dear dhruvtara
    first of all, let me tell you that no interpretation is wrong in essay if you are able to justify it. these are highly subjective things and can be argued in different context.
    in the solutions of essay, it is argued that a new institution is shaped by its leaders. however, when the institution gets mature, it starts creating leaders through impart of attributes. both sides have been taken. your uddhav or aditya thakrey thought has also been catered in one paragraph.
    i can't say that this essay is the best one, but definitely a good one. i'll be very happy if someone writes a better essay than this one and post it on forumias.
    ·
  • atulgarg said:

    dhruvtara said:

    Unfortunately ur solution key too has wrongly interpreted that institution wala topic.

    dear dhruvtara
    first of all, let me tell you that no interpretation is wrong in essay if you are able to justify it. these are highly subjective things and can be argued in different context.
    in the solutions of essay, it is argued that a new institution is shaped by its leaders. however, when the institution gets mature, it starts creating leaders through impart of attributes. both sides have been taken. your uddhav or aditya thakrey thought has also been catered in one paragraph.
    i can't say that this essay is the best one, but definitely a good one. i'll be very happy if someone writes a better essay than this one and post it on forumias.
    First ur statement that no interpretation is wrong if u r able to justify is quite naive. U cant just assume any interpretation u feel and then justify it. Answer has to be what the topic demands. Second, yes the essay should be holistic but there has to be a proper structure. The topic says " A reflects B". Now one cannot start his essay with how B reflects A and then later give points how A shapes B. It has to be the opposite as per d demand of the topic. I too misinterpreted and now repenting for my negligence. It would b my advise to future aspirants not to attempt such topics where one has a doubt.

    ·
  • @dhruvtara wats ur optional
    ·
  • I don't agree that in character institutions leader essay...it is 100 percent clear tat question demands institutions character on leader etc.I feel it depends how u present ur essay and regarding low marks .essay is so subjective no one can say wat is right or wrong.
    plus I took stand in introduction part itself...it's leader whose personality gets reflected in institutions.
    And then historical, political, social,etc perspectives. And example of leaders.
    Let's see wat happens.
    ·
  • If smone wrote only around 800 word in each eassy ...
    Then marks will be deducted for that
    ·
  • Yes word limit should be strictly adhered to... ;)

    If smone wrote only around 800 word in each eassy ...
    Then marks will be deducted for that

    ·
  • i dont think the examiner would count. Simply put it just shud not be too short or too long. 800 words is just fine.
    ·
  • If smone wrote only around 800 word in each eassy ...
    Then marks will be deducted for that

    NO
    ·
  • tiger0108 said:

    I don't agree that in character institutions leader essay...it is 100 percent clear tat question demands institutions character on leader etc.I feel it depends how u present ur essay and regarding low marks .essay is so subjective no one can say wat is right or wrong.
    plus I took stand in introduction part itself...it's leader whose personality gets reflected in institutions.
    And then historical, political, social,etc perspectives. And example of leaders.
    Let's see wat happens.

    this in not true ! sorry.
    ·
  • If smone wrote only around 800 word in each eassy ...
    Then marks will be deducted for that

    bhai aukat pe depend hai mera 1 frd bahout kam words me likhta hai 1000 words 2013 me marks 132
    2014 800 words each marks 148
    aur mai pura page bharta hoon marks 120+ ke range me.
    ·
  • If smone wrote only around 800 word in each eassy ...
    Then marks will be deducted for that

    bhai aukat pe depend hai mera 1 frd bahout kam words me likhta hai 1000 words 2013 me marks 132
    2014 800 words each marks 148
    aur mai pura page bharta hoon marks 120+ ke range me.
    Thats what i was asking .Content is more important ,eassy can be short but nt too short
    Thanks
    ·
  • Nuralain said:

    Anyone wrote about institution shaping leader? If yes, how? Outline?

    Der is another parallel thread.. U can c a lota them including my bundle essay on dis topic ..
    ·
  • Most people have attempted
    1. education without values
    2. dreams india
    ·
  • tiger0108 said:

    I don't agree that in character institutions leader essay...it is 100 percent clear tat question demands institutions character on leader etc.I feel it depends how u present ur essay and regarding low marks .essay is so subjective no one can say wat is right or wrong.
    plus I took stand in introduction part itself...it's leader whose personality gets reflected in institutions.
    And then historical, political, social,etc perspectives. And example of leaders.
    Let's see wat happens.

    this in not true ! sorry.
    true story. i remembr in 2012 i attempted the "women with dual responsibilities at home and work" topic. since socio was one of my optional i thought i wrote a good essay. However got only around 35% marks. I realized later that i deviated from the topic by highlighting more on patriarchy, sexual division of labour, role of culture,etc rather than dealing with what was actually asked. Hence it is very imp to stick to what is being demanded rather than just unloading theorems and facts.
    ·
  • Reflection can be both ways in my opinion
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google