REVISION CLASSES PRELIMS 2017 NEW SCHEDULE

ForumIAS is conducting revision classes for Prelims 2017. Due to extremely high number of candidates taking up classes, we have come up with a new schedule which will repeat the classes already held. The goal is to cover maximum topics in minimum time possible. So if you have not been able to attend these, please register. Seats fill up in a few hours, so register early. Click Here to know more and register early to avoid inconvenience

[suggestions needed] Join IB ACIO-2 or not?

m really confused whethr shud join IB acio-2 6 mnths trainng strtng from dec 28 . or continue full time prep for upsc.?
i have been preparing for upsc fr last 1.5 year but coud nt clear pre this time,gave an unprepared attmpt in 2014 also bt failed....
m afraid joinng ib wud hampr my nxt attmpt which has to be my last one..n also nt sure whthr wll get 3 mnths leave aftr 6 mnths traing to prepare fr pre...
friends pls give ur valuable suggestion...
·

Comments

• dear friend, you can join ib as backup, being central govt employee will give you extra attempts. But you cannot study during training period , and work sometimes is not that tough .one guy in Mizoram took 250 days medical leave for cse, one guy got into information service at 35 , so you decide. all the best
    ·
  • Is naukari mein rehke padhai to nahi ho paayegi aapki acche se .....Aur ye jaan lijiye , ki ab aage aane wale har saal , Prelims mein , Cut Off increase hi hona hai .......to isliye Prelims ko clear karne ke liye bahut hi zyada acchi Preparation chahiye rahegi .......Ab 5-6 kitaab padhke to Prelims clear nahi hone wala ( I am sorry main Empty Optimism wali koi baat nahi karunga , kyonki ab ground reality bahut badal chuki hai , ab CSAT nahi hai ki GS ko 5-6 kitaabo se padhke Prelims clear kar skte hain ......Ab GS par extraordinary strong command chahiye )

Isliye nirnaya aap kar lijiye ......Aapka jeevan , aapka Bhavishya aur aapka Career , isliye aap khud hi is sthiti ko behtar dhang se samajhte hue ek santulit nirnaya le lijiye....
    ·
  • @shivani23

My opinion is you must join!!

Bcz there is too much unpredictability in civils
    One cannot rely solely on one thing..
    Backup option shld be thr..

Speaking with personal experience go and join leaves to mil jati hai.. Don't loose focus if your aim is to get in civils..
    Rest is your choice!
    ATB :)
    At first they will ask why you're doing it, later they'll ask how you did it!
    ·
  • @shivani23 Take extension, IB has limited training infrastructure at shivpuri . They will take time before calling you again. In mean time you may be able appear at least PRE-2016.
    ·
  • U sure whthr they wll give some extnsion since its strtng on monday itslf??
    ·
  • N wat can be the ground stated for askng for an extnsion??
    ·
  • shivani23 said:

U sure whthr they wll give some extnsion since its strtng on monday itslf??

I hv resigned from the job after working for three years. You won't get any time during training. After that, it depends on ur posting. Normally first posting is for north east, but girls get soft postings. Still u wont get much time once u r in. N yes it breaks the rhythm of ur preparation which I myself faced. Managed two ias interviews with that job but fell short of 13 n 8 marks successively. Hence left. I hv taken d risk. U will hv to take ur call. We can't hv best of all the worlds. Think well before u act.
    Koi Bole Ram Ram, Koi Khudaaye,
    Koi Sevai Gusaiyan, Koi Allahe!
    ·
  • I didn't get any extension when I asked for. The section officer will not allow any extension n would tell u to join as soon as possible.but If u hv connections of d rank of IPS officer then u can easily get an extension.so try it once.
    Koi Bole Ram Ram, Koi Khudaaye,
    Koi Sevai Gusaiyan, Koi Allahe!
    ·
  • Even I was selected for IB last year bt joined another organisation. Go join it, attend the training and after posting u can apply for leave, usually IB people never ever create a problem regarding leave n all n esp for female it's more of a desk job, no work load and odd postings. U will b able to continue with ur prep without much issue. And also I got an extension of 2 months twice. They r lenient with females and u shud always have a back up plan, coz upsc is highly unpredictable esp wen this is ur past attempt. Well that's my opinion, obviously u r the better judge of ur situation.
    Be the change you want to see in others...
    ·
  • job kar lo..fir mile na mile...upsc ka kya bharosa...if u r sure u can qualify (which none can be), then only leave the job.
    ·
  • frst join the job nd if u feel that u are nt satisfied and it is hampering ur preparation then resign.
    ·
  • No extra attempts please don't misguide. If you are girl then you will be alloted desk job(high chances) but if you are male then rest assured that you are going to be in for a full scale field job with its attendant risks. Like this
    http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/meghalaya-missing-for-a-month-intelligence-officer-trader-found-dead/
    So make a wise decision. Go for other ssc desk jobs if you can.
    ·
  • dear i will suggest u -" u must clear all your confusions , go and join . if u determined & well prepared for upsc on d mental & psychological level - ways will be out smoothly .join it as backup ( sm moments cm across during preparation when u really felt to seek for backups - personal experience )
    ·
  • I hav been selected for both acio and income tax inspector so what should join???
    ·
  • well its not abt male or female as such...i have seen myself with one of my friend..though initially they might pretend to be lenient to girls but after sometime it will become hectic...even if u are posted in desk it will take hell lot of energy out of you...my friend posted in rajasthan was granted one day leave attend to his brothers wedding...so if you have age and attempt on your side..dont join...there are lots of other opportunities like ssc,insurance etc...go for these as they are much better especially if you are preparing alongside
    Rest choice is yours...analyse your situation and priorities and then decide..
    Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
    ·
  • diehardr said:

dear friend, you can join ib as backup, being central govt employee will give you extra attempts. But you cannot study during training period , and work sometimes is not that tough .one guy in Mizoram took 250 days medical leave for cse, one guy got into information service at 35 , so you decide. all the best

Bhai central govt employees gen category candidates ko extra attempts and age relaxation milte h kya cse mein ...plz clear this doubt of Mine
    ·
  • Acio is currently the best paying job which is below group a post. After 7th pay u will get close to 70k gross
    ·
  • edited December 2015
    i think you should join the service.
    why..!!
    1. you will have something in your hand(financial stability and independence)
    2. IB has a very good promotional aspects. with acios having chance to be promoted to the level of joint director also.

3. Government does not chuck out employees even if you do not show up to the office for 3-4 months. most they will do is send you letters asking for clarification. after that one panel will be created to determine your suitability in the service which will submit its report after 2-3 months. during that period you will have to chance to join the service.(you will not receive any salary for this period though- govt k jaan mat lo yaar)
    the most you will lose is seniority. if all fails you will have this opportunity/job in your hands.
    so join the job. show utmost dedication for a month. dont show up in the office after that. prepare for your dream exam.

upsc is a very unfair and unpredictable game. do not lose the job for this exam.
    all the best
    Character has to be established through a thousand stumbles...
    ·
  • Seee it depends on ur level of motivation and how u wanna go about ur life...
    If ur general category don't take upsc risk...Secondly acio job pre 7 pay commission and post 7 pay commission. ...thanks to doval and modi is different all together. ...
    Monetary terms it would be now most highest paid job...u would get salary more than DSB after all perks etc....
    Secondly fast track department promotion are also started...
    Not only acio reform DCIO reform also been done....
    Few of my friends who resigned pretty 7 pay are now literally having nightmare and literally begging JD DD etc to reconsider etc....
    Don't go by people perception things now and before were totally different. ...
    Rest to add power position no need to tell about job...
    Salary etc go compare 7 pc report plus I can assure it's partial more to come ......
    Regarding preparation it depends on ur posting place.......
    In future thus exam too will have 2 phases so be ready for tat tooooo. ......
    Rest follow ur intuition see the facts compare than make calls. ...
    Hope it helps thanks.
    ·
  • BOT said:

I hav been selected for both acio and income tax inspector so what should join???

Yaar bata do agar kisi ko knowledge of dono jobs ki....want to continue for upsc!!
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google