How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

The Globalization of World Politics: PDF needed

edited January 2016 in Political Science
Is anyone having the PDF of the 6th edition of the Globalization of World Politics by Steve Smith? Please share.

Comments

• Go here:
    The Globalization of World Politics
    You can find the 2nd, 4th & 6th editions. Hope this helps. Cheers!
  • Spectator said:

Go here:
    The Globalization of World Politics
    You can find the 2nd, 4th & 6th editions. Hope this helps. Cheers!

6th edition is 327MB?
    सत्यमेव जयते
  • edited December 2015
    arre its a virus. give some other link for 6th edition.
  • @dheeraj4 Yeah, it is.
    I chanced a download which came off at a snail's pace, seems to be a server problem.
    You can try 4e (2008) which is available as epub, convert it to pdf (if needed)
    IMHO it isn't a must-read.
  • 24madaeve said:

arre its a virus. give some other link for 6th edition.

What ? :o
    In that case, there's no other working link. May b we should stick with 4e else buy from Flipkart or Amazon.
    It is a bit pricey at ₹800 something.
  • no 6edition is somewhere around 4000 bucks. and i have heard its a very good book for psir paper2
  • Spectator said:

@dheeraj4 Yeah, it is.
    I chanced a download which came off at a snail's pace, seems to be a server problem.
    You can try 4e (2008) which is available as epub, convert it to pdf (if needed)
    IMHO it isn't a must-read.

ok, i'll download 4th ed. couldn't download the 6th one
    सत्यमेव जयते
  • is there much difference between 6th e and 4th e ?
  • @24madaeve I haven't read it. So, can't say.
    But I guess @Panditji has already shared his views on Baylis & Smith in the other thread on Pol. Sc.
    Now you've a more informed choice.

Some good news:
    I was able to download the green cover from the link I gave earlier, turns out to be a book, not a virus :wink:
    But the only irritant was the server of that online library, some glitch may b.
    Ergo, the pdf I downloaded has till 28th chapter, a li'l bit of 29th out of 33.
    And the size is 254 MB as against 327 MB.

Link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3Xyi4aAT_lwRFV2aFFGOVJzcEk&usp=sharing

That should do, for now. I just saved ₹4000 :blush: I hope. Else, you can always find in ORN.
    @dheeraj4 The 6e is available on the above link, if u want.

Merry Xmas guys, will upload the full pdf as & when available, by New Year 2016, may b :smile:
  • @Spectator great job man. Thanks a lot. U have been of great help. Remaining part is unavailable or it is getting downloaded at very slow speed?
  • 24madaeve said:

@Spectator great job man. Thanks a lot. U have been of great help. Remaining part is unavailable or it is getting downloaded at very slow speed?

Anytime!
    Yeah, it is available but due to that damn server, it stops mid-way, earlier it stopped at 3/6/12 MB but fortunately late at night, I was able to download this much.
    Will try again, promise :smile:
  • Spectator said:

24madaeve said:

@Spectator great job man. Thanks a lot. U have been of great help. Remaining part is unavailable or it is getting downloaded at very slow speed?

Anytime!
    Yeah, it is available but due to that damn server, it stops mid-way, earlier it stopped at 3/6/12 MB but fortunately late at night, I was able to download this much.
    Will try again, promise :smile:
    Many many thanks man.
  • Can anybody share modern world history by norman lowe 5th edition pdf?
  • Can anybody share modern world history by norman lowe 5th edition pdf?

I have vision ias material for world history, u can use that instead of Norman Lowe. I can share it with you if you want.
  • 24madaeve said:

Can anybody share modern world history by norman lowe 5th edition pdf?

I have vision ias material for world history, u can use that instead of Norman Lowe. I can share it with you if you want.
    Thanks for your generosity and prompt reply. I was looking for the book only...I think I would have to buy it. Thanks again.
  • Spectator said:

Link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3Xyi4aAT_lwRFV2aFFGOVJzcEk&usp=sharing

That should do, for now. I just saved ₹4000 :blush: I hope. Else, you can always find in ORN.

@Spectator ive downloaded it. thanx
    सत्यमेव जयते
  • dheeraj4 said:

Spectator said:

@Spectator ive downloaded it. thanx
    Now waiting for @Spectator to provide us the link for while book. :)
  • @24madaeve @dheeraj4
    About damn time :smile:

Link: The Globalization of World Politics, Sixth Edition, 2014

Download Options:

A. 327 MB: As it was, from the online library, unabridged.

B. 274 MB: Revamped version! Some chapters in the unabridged version weren't in order, had to b rearranged.
    Page No.s 216 & 360 of that 327 MB file will further endorse my point. A few blank scanned pages were removed leading to a reduced file size. Also, bookmarks were added.

C. 274 MB: A .zip archive, it has the entire e-book sorted chapter-wise.

By d way, there's no difference b/w B & C as such. Just download whichever version you want. I'm going for C.
    Keep sharing! Happy reading!
  • @Spectator thanx for goin thru all d trouble. cud u point out d important chapters?
    सत्यमेव जयते
  • haha, spot on @dheeraj4 , indeed a back-breaking task.
    But I'd like to thank @24madaeve who created this thread and I stopped by, pure happenstance.
    In the end, it was win-win for all.

Well, I'm the wrong person to ask, given my current proficiency levels. :smile:
    Yet to read a chapter from this book. Besides, I'll be using it for value addition only.
    Right now I've got my hands full with other prep commitments.

But a few senior pros (I call them Giants of Pol Sc. on ForumIAS) who've appeared Mains multiple times with this optional can help u way much better than me. You may tag them or drop a PM and more often than not, they should respond provided they find it worthwhile. It all depends on how you ask your query (just saying).

It behoves me not to tag / name anyone here, neither is it the right thread to do so.
    But I've compiled an exhaustive list. Do tell if need be, will drop a PM.
    Else, just dig a li'l bit deeper in the Pol. Sc. section of ForumIAS (will do you a world of good).
    Cheers!
  • Spectator said:

@Spectator yes plz
    सत्यमेव जयते
  • dheeraj4 said:

@Spectator yes plz

Me too
  • Okay guys, time to open your inbox, @dheeraj4 @24madaeve
    Thank you.
  • @Spectator @dheeraj4 yar I am unable to open chapter 8-15. are you guys able to open them ?
  • Of course @24madaeve , what's the hitch?
  • Spectator said:

Of course @24madaeve , what's the hitch?

Adobe is unable to those chapters bhai. Can u share ur files for those chapters with me?
  • May b PDF-XChange or Foxit can open them for ya. Give 'em a try. They won't let ya down.
    Anyhoo, here's d link: Baylis [8-15]
  • @Spectator yar i tried opening them with foxit but failed. I even tried to repair those files but nothing happened. That's why asked you for those files. Thanks man.
  • I would like to form a group of three members to share and evaluate polsci optional answers. I don't have whatsap application .It is better to form an email group to share answers. My plan is to study particular topic and write answers for previous year questions.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog