Secure 35+ Questions in Prelims 2017

Dr. Ravi Agrahari's General Science & Tech, Environment & Ecology Module to cover atleast 35+ Questions in Prelims 2017. Start Date : 22nd March. Call : 9555923039 Click to watch Orientation Lecture.

Sociology Question Paper 2 - Difficulty Level, Attempts and Analysis

Dear all,

Here's Paper 2. How was it?
IMG_20151223_172954.jpg
768 x 1024 - 169K
IMG_20151223_173015.jpg
768 x 1024 - 148K
IMG_20151223_173027.jpg
768 x 1024 - 147K
IMG_20151223_173040.jpg
768 x 1024 - 119K
·

Comments

• Part B looks like Gs paper :-P
    how did it go ?
    ·
  • MissEyre said:

Dear all,

Here's Paper 2. How was it?

I seriously got a heart attack on seeing the paper. More so coz I looked at the last page first... It was some paper.. :o
    I'm perfectly imperfect
    ·
  • I think it was tough. Especially, in comparison to the first paper. Somehow, managed to scribble something in two ten markers at the end. Very general paper.
    In God, we trust.
    ·
  • Typical ppr 2 bahut vague questions hard to differentiate btw common sense answers nd sociological answers
    ehh what's up doc!!!!
    ·
  • bugsbunny said:

Typical ppr 2 bahut vague questions hard to differentiate btw common sense answers nd sociological answers

+1 :(
    I'm perfectly imperfect
    ·
  • Paper 2 was quite tough. I should probably start preparing for 2016.
    ·
  • mujhe pata nhn chala paper kaisa huaa?
    wat does it mean.. attempted 250 though
    ·
  • This was my husband's last attempt. He was quite happy. It seems it was not difficult for old players.
    ·
  • edited December 2015
    MissEyre said:

This was my husband's last attempt. He was quite happy. It seems it was not difficult for old players.

Calling husband "old" in public - impact of feminist movement of post 1970 on middle class. ;)
    The Lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    ·
  • bugsbunny said:

Typical ppr 2 bahut vague questions hard to differentiate btw common sense answers nd sociological answers

Bhai ye toh har saal hi hota hai aur hum har saal yahi bolte hain..
    Ques, prima facie, appear straight from newspapers but we have to be extra careful while answering them as a slip hrre or there might end up us solving GS-5 (for the lack of a better word).
    Thank @MissEyre for the paper, you've been a great support.
    All the best to your Mister, hope he tears his way into top 10.
    ·
  • edited December 2015
    Not happy with paper 2 at all :( . Much tougher than last year. Last year atleast all questions were directly from syllabus but sala this time all kind of weirdness especially in part 2. Bhak sala yarr, I will never qualify this exam :neutral:

PS - 130 last year in paper 2.
    All generalizations are false including this one
    Fascinating Universe - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-J3Rig6mrJhGECH-yVMwSg
    ·
  • Questions were direct copy paste from ram ahuja.. Atleast part a and sum bullshit questions of 5 .. So jisne rata kush hoga.. (As far as I am concerned kya pharak padtha if u kno d source n dun kno d answer:P ) I had rattofied tenets of hindusim for my state psc n thought ll remember midwaythru d question I went blank! Except moksha n tolerance! God save me... How were other subject papers? Socio jacked??
    ·
  • abhinitb said:

Not happy with paper 2 at all :( . Much tougher than last year. Last year atleast all questions were directly from syllabus but sala this time all kind of weirdness especially in part 2. Bhak sala yarr, I will never qualify this exam :neutral:

PS - 130 last year in paper 2.

True. Questions were too indirect. All hopes on scaling now.
    ·
  • but even last time we had vague ones in paper-2 like women's movements, middle class women, IMR trends , domestic violence act, demographic of the aged population that were deviant of syllabus..which laid the background of applied questions...but i can see some new pattern of questions based on leaders which are difficult to present sociologically....but not a shocking one...manageable tha ..just my general opinion...no offence intended ...but definitely paper-1 was a halwa ... B)
    Cmon...i aint gonna bite you
    ·
  • but even last time we had vague ones in paper-2 like women's movements, middle class women, IMR trends , domestic violence act, demographic of the aged population that were deviant of syllabus..which laid the background of applied questions...but i can see some new pattern of questions based on leaders which are difficult to present sociologically....but not a shocking one...manageable tha ..just my general opinion...no offence intended ...but definitely paper-1 was a halwa ... B)

cumpolsory also vague n part 2 pura vague along with u need factual so basically writing skills will matter... n in many questions they looked simple but whn i wrote felt they ask sth else... though i m v sad but it was not that simple last year was better i guess (coz that time my mind was somwhere else so didn't even looked n analysed it much after exam :D )
    In order to survive,we cling to all we know & understand.And we label it reality.
    But knowledge & understanding are ambiguous.That reality could be an illusion. All humans live with the wrong assumptions.
    Isn't that another way of looking at it???
    ·
  • Words are open to interpretation and maybe it isn't for you guys, but for me old is gold.

Why is it that most 'male' CSE aspirants have to pinpoint something or the other whenever a fellow female aspirant posts a comment. A woman is expected to be either a feminist or a matter of ridicule. I don't know how you men, probable future civil servants who have been taught (or maybe forced) to respect women, manage to do this.
    ·
  • It was more general than gs papers.. Even in gs questions r asked more comprehensively.. Can be called as GS-0 paper.. :D
    Likh to diya hai pura.. Marks ka pata nahi.. Mere ek friend ko last year without study of paper two 150 marks aye the .. :D
    ·
  • MissEyre said:

This was my husband's last attempt. He was quite happy. It seems it was not difficult for old players.

Calling husband "old" in public - impact of feminist movement of post 1970 on middle class. ;)
    Bhai tumne ye paper me toh nahi likh diya na? Yahan sb middle class hain bandhu...
    ·
  • First off, look at my comment history. Thats usually the way I talk irrespective of gender. So no need to bring gender into this. I am not the one feminizing the issue here.

As far as respect for women goes, my reply would have been much more sarcastic and acerbic (not abusive, mind you) if you had not hinted that you are a woman.

Third don't assume that I am a male. Also just because you think I am an ass (or some particular other is), don't generalize all 'male' kind.

The wink at the end was a 'significant symbol' gesturing humour. Like words humour too is open to interpretation. I understand that you might have found it unfunny or offensive even. I apologize unconditionally for that.
    And I get the message. I won't involve you in any of my future interactions. But a PM would have solved the issue rather amicably.
    @misseyre
    ·
  • First off, look at my comment history. Thats usually the way I talk irrespective of gender. So no need to bring gender into this. I am not the one feminizing the issue here.

As far as respect for women goes, my reply would have been much more sarcastic and acerbic (not abusive, mind you) if you had not hinted that you are a woman.

Third don't assume that I am a male. Also just because you think I am an ass (or some particular other is), don't generalize all 'male' kind.

The wink at the end was a 'significant symbol' gesturing humour. Like words humour too is open to interpretation. I understand that you might have found it unfunny or offensive even. I apologize unconditionally for that.
    And I get the message. I won't involve you in any of my future interactions. But a PM would have solved the issue rather amicably.
    @misseyre
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google