Download : Mathematics Paper 1 and 2 - 2015 Mains Optional

Anyone please upload paper 1 and 2 of Mathematics Optional on this thread

Comments

• Paper 1 plz
  • How was the paper guys ?
  • someone please upload d papers
  • After giving this time it is better thick twice to take this optional...he innovated new models in every chapter.....I find a t difficult to solve.

Paper 1 ....moderate but lengthy...paper 2 ....difficult...
  • @tommy can u please upload d papers
  • Same here third attempt wid maths but rit nw m feeling very low bcoz of paper 2 diff level.
    Paper 1 was ok but lengthy.
    Gut feeling will again not qualify :(
  • please upload paper
  • @BOT @tommy please upload the papers
  • Pliz load paper asap....if someone has access....
    Gulf@mexico
  • Guys here are the uploaded papers
    P.S. :- though i am a newbie in UPSC prepn(started 1 month ago :p ), I think the paper was not that difficult. I think one can solve the problems after rigorous practice (Correct me if I'm wrong)
    pdf
    pdf
    IAS-2015-Main-Optional-Maths-Paper-I.pdf
    pdf
    pdf
    IAS-2015-Main-Optional-Maths-Paper-II.pdf
  • Paper II was horrible. Very disappointing.
  • Sab Modi Sarkar ki den hai. Hindu Rashtra and Hindi Rashtra.
  • Paper2 was a bit conceptual otherwise it seems lengthy....if u have nice approach u can solve any question.... W.r.t other optionls Mathematics is tough dis time but not w.r.t to 2001 to 2004 papers... Those were the time where dere emerged a hovoc for opting Mathematics as Optional..... After 2010 toughness has reduced and conceptual clarity is exorbently increased.....

U may see my blog. keshaw9616.wordpress.com for details or guidance for 2016

Thanks..

All the best for future aspirants.....
    Gulf@mexico
  • My take
    Paper 1 - was easy but lengthy , started slowly , but after half time hurried like anything .In some questions skipped steps . Paid heavily for wrong choice of question , but it is part of the game .
    correct attempt - 210

Paper 2 - most difficult one in recent times . flooded with innovative problems from fluid dynamics and modern algebra . some how i managed algebra questions .
    correct attempt- 200

rest god knows
    Optional Mathematics
  • Paper2 was a bit conceptual otherwise it seems lengthy....if u have nice approach u can solve any question.... W.r.t other optionls Mathematics is tough dis time but not w.r.t to 2001 to 2004 papers... Those were the time where dere emerged a hovoc for opting Mathematics as Optional..... After 2010 toughness has reduced and conceptual clarity is exorbently increased.....

U may see my blog. keshaw9616.wordpress.com for details or guidance for 2016

Thanks..

All the best for future aspirants.....
    Gulf@mexico
  • Bhai ghar aakar to mujhe bhi easy/easily doable, etc lag raha hai. Par wahan paper ke alawa aur bhi kayi cheezein hoti hain - wrong selection of questions, calculation mistakes, etc etc. Jisko ghar pe ignore karte hain na . 50-60 marks LA difference to yahi le aata hai. Mujhe bhi aaj subah 6:19 AM pe easy laga paper. Kal paper ke time aisa nahi laga tha aur na aisa performance aaya
    Madari
  • Paper-1 was lengthy with lots of long calculations. If one makes one mistake then entire 10 to 15 minutes invested would have been lost in that pressurised atmosphere. For well practised person ideas to solve questions were reachable.

Paper-2 was difficult due to mixing of entire syllabus in each sub-sections.Even some questions were not reachable during preparations.Huge syllabus and twisting it, made this paper difficult.
  • mayank_m said:

Guys here are the uploaded papers
    P.S. :- though i am a newbie in UPSC prepn(started 1 month ago :p ), I think the paper was not that difficult. I think one can solve the problems after rigorous practice (Correct me if I'm wrong)

That's the issue with this optional. When you glance through the paper, questions appear to be familiar and solvable once one is adequately prepared. However, during exam one has to take into account other factors like exam pressure, time limit, etc. So, the real analysis can only be done after spending adequate time in solving the paper.

PS I didn't qualify for mains 2015. Observation is my opinion formed over some time(years) after going through the past papers.
  • Bahut difficult paper tha yaar.....

I request newcomers to exercise restraint.....plz donot give irresponsible statements like

""Easy tha....ache se padho to go jaata""
  • mp_ias said:

My take
    Paper 1 - was easy but lengthy , started slowly , but after half time hurried like anything .In some questions skipped steps . Paid heavily for wrong choice of question , but it is part of the game .
    correct attempt - 210

Paper 2 - most difficult one in recent times . flooded with innovative problems from fluid dynamics and modern algebra . some how i managed algebra questions .
    correct attempt- 200

rest god knows

Mine attempt is around 330 and my correct attempt is 300...and i know m out of the race...it was my third attempt and relied heavily on maths but got panicked in paper 2 and couldn't attempt the questions properly.
    Ur attempt is really good...u ll get through.
    All the best to u guys.
  • BOT said:

mp_ias said:

My take
    correct attempt - 210

correct attempt- 200

rest god knows

Mine attempt is around 330 and my correct attempt is 300...and i know m out of the race...it was my third attempt and relied heavily on maths but got panicked in paper 2 and couldn't attempt the questions properly.
    Ur attempt is really good...u ll get through.
    All the best to u guys.
    Yaar Bhai ab aisa bhi nahi hai. Itihaas gawaah hai ki optional ki marking kitna vary karti hai . dekho 300 pe kucch 220 tak aayega aapka (isse zyada Hi hona chahiye agar scaling kam hui to) and agar 2013 ka standards dekho to 220-225 was very good marks in optional. To jis tarah se koi ye nahi keh sakta hai ki I am clearing mains usi tarah ye bhi nahi kaha ja sakta u r out of race.

Ab ye mere "Mann ki baat" hai.
    Madari
  • Problem in maths is that only. Some due to their exceptional abilities gets very high marks,while others has inherent limits to attempt all. But scaling applies on all uniformly. That leads to reduce marks very high in either paper for most.
    And of course writing skills in gs and maths has not any linkage at all. That makes reduction of average marks in gs.
  • paper were really tricky and tough due to mixing of whole syllabus, but scaling will also be less
  • I feel scaling will be less this year as opposed to a high amount last year. Last year paper was rather easy so many would've performed well. This year it's a different scenarios. So, if your accuracy is good, I think, you can expect marks commensurate with your attempt with out much of scaling down.
  • Abhi15 said:

mayank_m said:

Guys here are the uploaded papers

That's the issue with this optional. When you glance through the paper, questions appear to be familiar and solvable once one is adequately prepared. However, during exam one has to take into account other factors like exam pressure, time limit, etc. So, the real analysis can only be done after spending adequate time in solving the paper.

PS I didn't qualify for mains 2015. Observation is my opinion formed over some time(years) after going through the past papers.
    +1
  • edited December 2015
    Guys.. can you please tell me if the correct attempt vs. marks obtained in previous years follows this pattern approximately?
    250->180; 240->170; 230->160; 220->150; 210->140; 200->130; 190->120; 180->110; 170->100; 160->90; 150->80
    I find the information from toppers comments and my own marks (from 2013) fitting this pattern
  • somestuff said:

Guys.. can you please tell me if the correct attempt vs. marks obtained in previous years follows this pattern approximately?
    250->180; 240->170; 230->160; 220->150; 210->140; 200->130; 190->120; 180->110; 170->100; 160->90; 150->80
    I find the information from toppers comments and my own marks (from 2013) fitting this pattern

Bhai mera 80 aaya tha last yr 120 ke correct pe. Wo nahi fit ho raha data yahan. :'(
    Madari
  • somestuff said:

Bhai mera 80 aaya tha last yr 120 ke correct pe. Wo nahi fit ho raha data yahan. :'(
    Ok.. accha hai bhai.. this means that we can expect more marks :)
    is baar 410 correct hai.. but very disappointed kyunki i made a couple of silly mistakes in p2 which cost me 35 marks :( don't know what to expect...
  • somestuff said:

somestuff said:

is baar 410 correct hai.. but very disappointed kyunki i made a couple of silly mistakes in p2 which cost me 35 marks :( don't know what to expect...
    Dude have you talked to others, what is the correct attempt of people generally.
    I felt time constraint in paper1, left 20 marks, though i knew them.
    Optional Mathematics
  • mp_ias said:

somestuff said:

somestuff said:

Dude have you talked to others, what is the correct attempt of people generally.
    I felt time constraint in paper1, left 20 marks, though i knew them.
    spoke with a person with 300+ score last year, who seems to have done well with around 230 attempt in p2 and similar score in p1
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog