Essay Paper : CSM 2015 Question Paper Discussion

Comments

• English compulsory ke paper mein maine Essay likha ----

d). Does the Indian cinema reflect social reality?

Music aur movies meri Hobbies rahi hain, to uska thoda bahut faayda mil gaya mujhe is Essay ko lekar likhne mein.

Aur precis maine likha 254 words ka.
  • Leader reflects institution's character, what concept did you guys apply on that question ?
  • edited December 2015

Last year' first essay in English paper is second essay (second section) in this year' essay paper
    Huh

Exactly.. even I was wondering where I had seen that topic. I assumed it was straight out of capf paper
  • :D
    correct me ,if i am wrong ! i would be happy to accept my mistakes !
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
  • English Paper was very easy
    Mission 2018 - Final assault
  • Killwish said:

wrote a3 b1
    character of an institution is reflected in its leaders
    and gave examples of toleranct n pluralistic character in the leadership varying from ancient medieval n modern aspect
    ancient ; ashoka
    medieval ; akbar
    modern ; soft power ,buddhism ,active n constructive diplomacy
    then gave example of french ideals through rosseau voltaire n locke
    greek civilisation ; herodotus aristotle
    american revolution ; equality abraham lincoln
    fascism; hitler etc

i think i ve messed it up
    anyone who chose the same

I did.... I wrote about how democracy reflects in the leader if the country.. How fascism does...gave some examples... How we r a soft power now and how leaders acted accordingly
  • Killwish said:

wrote a3 b1
    Same here mate. Started with Gandhis ideals as conscience of inc contrasted with Nazi party of the contradictory ideals .
    Later divided essay on political institutions Nehru,Mao,Kim Jong etc and their ideology effects.
    Economic institutions; Innovation of jobs' apple and Musks spacex and Tesla etc
    Non state actors with their institutions with some 'personalities' as examples.
    Can't get around the feeling that I misread the question but cant find any alternative way to read the question.

• i wrote best essay of my life but on rough pages :) had i written on main pages...i would have been the top scorer in essay this year.
    morning i lost my watch. during brainstorming i lost sense of time..i was so much into it. i thought at every hour bell will ring and after 1 hour i wl stop brainstorming. my luck... bell rang after 1.5 hours!! as obvious after that i could not write whatever outlined in rough pages.

PS-telling this story for sake of future mains aspirants.
    परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम् ।
    धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे |
    IRS(Customs and Central Excise) Probationer
    AIR-412 CSE 2014 | AIR - 450 CSE 2016 |
  • MissEyre said:

English Paper was very easy

+1
    Maine saari duniya Ko sudhaarne ka theka le rakha hai, so don't mind if I mind your business instead of my own.
  • In the quick and steady one i too wrote against it... supported slow and steady....felling fu***ng scared now...though I feel i substantiated it....
  • i wrote best essay of my life but on rough pages :) had i written on main pages...i would have been the top scorer in essay this year.
    morning i lost my watch. during brainstorming i lost sense of time..i was so much into it. i thought at every hour bell will ring and after 1 hour i wl stop brainstorming. my luck... bell rang after 1.5 hours!! as obvious after that i could not write whatever outlined in rough pages.

for 1.5 hours u did brainstorming????
    It is Job Hi Karwalo .. not Jo Bhi Karwalo.... mind it
  • MissEyre said:

English Paper was very easy

Plz post the paper if possible

yes.. first 1.5 hr i did it for both essays togather. i planned this time to be 1 hour but... :(

yes.. first 1.5 hr i did it for both essays togather. i planned this time to be 1 hour but... :(
    how much were u able to write?? words in both the essays?
  • @deusadeeb bro u r in bhopal?
    In times of universal deceit,telling the truth is a revolutionary act!
  • Tum sabka centre ghar pe hi tha kya.... Itna jaldi bakar shuru .
  • @deusadeeb bro u r in bhopal?

Ha ha. Nahi bhai. I am in Delhi. :p
    परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम् ।
    धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे |
    IRS(Customs and Central Excise) Probationer
    AIR-412 CSE 2014 | AIR - 450 CSE 2016 |
    One day, perhaps, love may die of disuse, left to rust in wind and weather.
  • sabfixhai said:

Tum sabka centre ghar pe hi tha kya.... Itna jaldi bakar shuru .

ghar se 1.5 km dur :p
    Life is one challenge it!
  • @Fuhrer meeting chal rahi hai kya... Any chance for postponement?
  • Rchd bak to room at 6... thank god..if upsc had been centre..wud still hv been in metro
    Valar Morghulis

how much were u able to write?? words in both the essays?
    perhaps 600 - 700 words each.
    how was ur exam bhai ?
  • @Fuhrer meeting chal rahi hai kya... Any chance for postponement?
  • 4:4..almost used whole space of second essay..
    Any fool with a bit of luck can find himself born into power.

But earning it for yourself, that takes work.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog