43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

A general Essay framework -

edited December 2015 in Essay
Video attached below is about how to write a good essay. It will be helpful for those who don't have any fixed idea on how to go for essays. Essay marks are deciding factor in final rank, where scores vary from 60 marks to 160 marks. So, thought to share it just before mains. Maybe it will be helpful to some of you :smile:

Note - This is a general framework. There is no fixed way to write good essays. Some people are naturally better at writing essays, while others don't. Watch it only if you are not having any fixed idea(of your own) on how to proceed for essay in examination.





Hope is the only bee, that makes honey without flowers.
·
«1

Comments

  • How many pages are given for essay in answer sheet? For each essay last time?
    ·
  • Thank you.
    ·
  • Spock said:

    How many pages are given for essay in answer sheet? For each essay last time?

    10 single side pages
    Interview 2015 | Public Administration
    ·
  • Just what I needed
    ·
  • Spock said:

    How many pages are given for essay in answer sheet? For each essay last time?

    10 single side pages
    No, you get 13 single side pages for each essay, i.e. total 26 pages.

    Hope is the only bee, that makes honey without flowers.
    ·
  • Antii_0 said:

    Spock said:

    How many pages are given for essay in answer sheet? For each essay last time?

    10 single side pages
    No, you get 13 single side pages for each essay, i.e. total 26 pages.
    26 pages a hell lot . How many are we supposed to fill ??
    correct me ,if i am wrong ! i would be happy to accept my mistakes !
    ·
  • baali said:

    Antii_0 said:

    Spock said:

    How many pages are given for essay in answer sheet? For each essay last time?

    10 single side pages
    No, you get 13 single side pages for each essay, i.e. total 26 pages.
    26 pages a hell lot . How many are we supposed to fill ??
    26 single side pages bhai. There is no fixed limit to fill up pages, only word limit. But, I'll suggest to fill 12 pages for each essay as length of essay also matters for few examiners.

    Hope is the only bee, that makes honey without flowers.
    ·
  • bro if possible please come up with some other such useful presentations too.. for GS.. TIA
    ·
  • Toska said:

    bro if possible please come up with some other such useful presentations too.. for GS.. TIA

    @Neyawn has written a beautiful article on how to approach GS. Link is given below.
    http://forumias.com/portal/how-to-maximise-your-score-on-the-mains-day-some-motivation/

    Other that that my approach in GS was to attempt all questions, write relevant points only, make it interesting for the examiner to read and not get bored, using lot of diagrams, comparisions, flowchats, maps etc. It fetched good enough marks.

    Hope is the only bee, that makes honey without flowers.
    ·
  • Antii_0 said:

    Toska said:

    bro if possible please come up with some other such useful presentations too.. for GS.. TIA

    @Neyawn has written a beautiful article on how to approach GS. Link is given below.
    http://forumias.com/portal/how-to-maximise-your-score-on-the-mains-day-some-motivation/

    Other that that my approach in GS was to attempt all questions, write relevant points only, make it interesting for the examiner to read and not get bored, using lot of diagrams, comparisions, flowchats, maps etc. It fetched good enough marks.
    the strategy put here is really awesome....should have been posted before......
    Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration. - Dr. Mann
    ·
  • i had 144..but i didnt do like this
    ·
  • i had 144..but i didnt do like this

    what was your approach?
    It is Job Hi Karwalo .. not Jo Bhi Karwalo.... mind it
    ·
  • @TheWhiteTiger share ur approach plz
    ·
  • approach differs ith topics..and now a days topics are very dynamically changing…i dnt see ny approach
    ·
  • @TheWhiteTiger

    epistemological anarchism ...I see
    ;)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    ·
  • @MD47 no its not i state again ..pre conceived framework may not work..just my thinking..
    ·
  • @MD47 no its not i state again ..pre conceived framework may not work..just my thinking..

    preconceived doesnt work. that is true . but when u are not getting any point - then these things do come into play
    It is Job Hi Karwalo .. not Jo Bhi Karwalo.... mind it
    ·
  • yes i had the preconceived notion that one should not attempt philosophical essays...so i had attempted standardization essay despite i had very few points and my understanding on the topic was not very clear....on the other hand i had ample points and arguments over great power-responsibility wala essay....but didnt attempt it....so finally got marks in 90s.....
    in ethics too many toppers would say "write from ur heart" ..its not true////actually it should be "write from ur "good" heart"....
    Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration. - Dr. Mann
    ·
  • @TheWhiteTiger
    I agree bro...aaj tak Maine bhi hamesha framework examhall main hibanaya hai.....yaar wahan innovation Kuch alag hi level ki Hoti hai!!!!

    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    ·
  • Antii_0 said:

    Video attached below is about how to write a good essay. It will be helpful for those who don't have any fixed idea on how to go for essays. Essay marks are deciding factor in final rank, where scores vary from 60 marks to 160 marks. So, thought to share it just before mains. Maybe it will be helpful to some of you :smile:

    Note - This is a general framework. There is no fixed way to write good essays. Some people are naturally better at writing essays, while others don't. Watch it only if you are not having any fixed idea(of your own) on how to proceed for essay in examination.




    Thanks
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google