NEW REVISION CLASSES PRE'17 History+ Environment+Govt Schemes

Thank you for your tremendous response, to the revision classes for Prelims 2017being conducted in New Delhi. Based on your requests and suggestions, we have come up with new classes as per below schedule
(1)Art & Culture Revision ( REPEAT ) - May 27th & 28th, (2) Modern History ( REPEAT ) - May 30th (3) Govt Schemes + Allied Issues - May 31st (4) Environment & Ecology - Friday, June 2

Seats fill up in a few hours, and we don't plan any more repeat classes, so register early. Click Here to get more details and register early to avoid inconvenience. All revision classes will be held from 5PM to 8PM.

Yet another kindle query thread

I have read almost all kindle related threads , but none could answer my queries

Can we read NCERT's comfortably on kindle ?

My major question is that can i supplement my paper newspapers with kindle ? because i feel one newspaper is not enough and i have to buy atleast two daily. so in a year 15*300=4500 , I can recover my cost but the question is can newspaper be transformed for reading on kindle
& if not can we read articles comfortable on thehindu.com , ie.com etc on kindle ( IF POSSIBLE can someone show a cap of how a article would look on Kindle) ?????

thirdly paperwhite or simple one ? because someone suggested to buy a simple one and get a 100 rs led light ??

also how is the browser for other websites ?
·

Comments

• no....ncert can be read but not comfortably....further it will be pain to open any site on kindle experimental browser....having said that books in mobi and azw3 can be best read on kindle e ink display....no device can match that pleasing experience....i have basic one and never used paperwhite so can't compare basic one with paperwhite
    ·
  • edited December 2015
    No. You won't be able to supplement newspaper with Kindle. For books you can go for it. Buy paperwhite only else you will always need light source to read from kindle. Every 2-3 months Amazon have offers which reduce kindle price by 1k,keep that in mind if you finally decide to buy one.
    ·
  • I have read almost all kindle related threads , but none could answer my queries

My major question is that can i supplement my paper newspapers with kindle ? because i feel one newspaper is not enough and i have to buy atleast two daily. so in a year 15*300=4500 , I can recover my cost but the question is can newspaper be transformed for reading on kindle
    & if not can we read articles comfortable on thehindu.com , ie.com etc on kindle ( IF POSSIBLE can someone show a cap of how a article would look on Kindle) ?????

thirdly paperwhite or simple one ? because someone suggested to buy a simple one and get a 100 rs led light ??

Browser sucks.
    But for reading lengthy articles, like news compilations etc at Insights, you can use push to kindle app in Windows, Android.

There is also a technique for integrating kindle with Evernote.... and then every article you put on Evernote will be automatically pushed in kindle. People use this method for reading news articles on kindle. i.e. culling good articles on laptop, clipping through Evernote web clipper, and then read all of these on kindle.

By the way, you can convert most of the formats (word, text, html etc) in kindle format by simply emailing to your kindle-id with "convert" in subject heading. It doesn't work with PDF format though.
    IAS 2016 batch.
    "My watch has ended."
    ·
  • I have read almost all kindle related threads , but none could answer my queries

Browser sucks.
    But for reading lengthy articles, like news compilations etc at Insights, you can use push to kindle app in Windows, Android.

There is also a technique for integrating kindle with Evernote.... and then every article you put on Evernote will be automatically pushed in kindle. People use this method for reading news articles on kindle. i.e. culling good articles on laptop, clipping through Evernote web clipper, and then read all of these on kindle.

By the way, you can convert most of the formats (word, text, html etc) in kindle format by simply emailing to your kindle-id with "convert" in subject heading. It doesn't work with PDF format though.
    R1988D said:

No. You won't be able to supplement newspaper with Kindle. For books you can go for it. Buy paperwhite only else you will always need light source to read from kindle. Every 2-3 months Amazon have offers which reduce kindle price by 1k,keep that in mind if you finally decide to buy one.

mimansa said:

no....ncert can be read but not comfortably....further it will be pain to open any site on kindle experimental browser....having said that books in mobi and azw3 can be best read on kindle e ink display....no device can match that pleasing experience....i have basic one and never used paperwhite so can't compare basic one with paperwhite

thanks for answers bought the basic version
    ·
  • books for KIndle .
    As i got 1000 rs on kindle along with my purchase , I am confused what to buy with it which will help in upsc prep.
    As i already had pax indica, india after gandhi , bipin chandra independence , ramesh singh in paper book format .
    i am confused what to spend as only limited books are avaiable in kindle which can be used for upsc . So any suggestion ?

or to burn them on novels ?
    ·
  • buy cb books like making india awesome what young india wants , our moon has blood clots by rahul pandita india shastra by shashi tharoor etc
    THE HINDU : hinduism is responsible for all ills in this world including the extinction of dinosaurs..
    hindu tanman hindu jeevan rag rag hindu mera parichay
    KASHMIRI PANDITS N PAKISTANI BANGLA HINDUS TOO HAVE FEELINGS,RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS AND YES HUMAN RIGHTS(as a MINORITY)
    ·
  • buy cb books like making india awesome what young india wants , our moon has blood clots by rahul pandita india shastra by shashi tharoor etc

lol never buying any CB book , After he suggested that rush in airports could be simply countered by just laying two -three more runaways in one or two weeks in one of TOI editorials .

other two books seem good. Any suggestion on world history ?

·
  • not related to op's query

but do not forget to use caliber for fetching news , saving article from pocket etc.

·
  • books for KIndle .
    As i got 1000 rs on kindle along with my purchase , I am confused what to buy with it which will help in upsc prep.
    As i already had pax indica, india after gandhi , bipin chandra independence , ramesh singh in paper book format .
    i am confused what to spend as only limited books are avaiable in kindle which can be used for upsc . So any suggestion ?

Empire of Moghuls series has excellent reviews. It's historical fiction, based on facts. And very interesting.
    IAS 2016 batch.
    "My watch has ended."
    ·
  • books for KIndle .

Empire of Moghuls series has excellent reviews. It's historical fiction, based on facts. And very interesting.
    State of nation by Fali S Nariman , very good book on constitution

The Argumentative Indian by Sen , very good for essay and GS1 society part

Getting india back on track ( though it is biased towards NDA) and T N Ninan's latest : the turn of the tortoise ( have read very good reviews of this book, yet to read) - for economic issues

There are many other such books... Search related books on GR.

The uncertain glory bhi add kar lo, by Jean Dreze and Sen
    ·
  • bought amartya sen's , contemporary essays , india shastra % man in high castle
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google