Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

Philosophy 2016- freshers + seniors ..

i dont no y previous 1 was deleted .. probably becoz of inactiveness..
for this particular subject.. freshers widout classes really need a helping hand.. and daily discussions and doubts wud also help our seniors in revising the things they are unsure of.. so nobody is at disadvantage.. somebody pls create a group...
2016- 1st attempt.. philosophy !!!
·

Comments

• One Fresher here.
    ·
  • not so fresher here
    जननी जन्मभूमिश्च स्वर्गादपि गरीयसी
    ·
  • if not a fresher.. still we can be at one place (wastsapp grup) and discuss things related to our optional.. tht wd really help us all in evry manner.. so pls take a call and we ll form it asap..
    ·
  • hey folks.. lets start our study from this time..is there is any strategy that anyone want to share?
    ·
  • ????
    ·
  • I have one question.
    In Jaina Theory of Reality I have to write about Anekantavada and syavada.Does i have to write also about substance also .please correct me
    ·
  • edited June 2016
    @piyushsabarwal If question on 'theory of reality', i think write in short about classification depending upon the demand of question. I focus on completeness of answers. If on syadvad and anekantvad, not necessary to write about substance. And never forget to write critic especially for inconsistent philosophers like jain, samkhya
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • @piyushsabarwal If question on 'theory of reality', i think write in short about classification depending upon the demand of question. I focus on completeness of answers. If on syadvad and anekantvad, not necessary to write about substance. And never forget to write critic especially for inconsistent philosophers like jain, samkhya

Thanks a lot
    ·
  • @piyushsabarwal: No need to write on Dravya in this Q. Write about Anekantvad. Explain it. Then link Anekantvad (Metaphysics) with Syadvad (Epistemology). Then discuss Saptbhanginaya as a result of Syadvad.

While, discussing Saptbhanginaya, you have scope to talk about Dravya. Do it if you can do it deftly.
    ·
  • One fresher is here,hav to join philosophy aug batch of patanjali
    ·
  • edited June 2016
    forward said:

@piyushsabarwal: No need to write on Dravya in this Q. Write about Anekantvad. Explain it. Then link Anekantvad (Metaphysics) with Syadvad (Epistemology). Then discuss Saptbhanginaya as a result of Syadvad.

While, discussing Saptbhanginaya, you have scope to talk about Dravya. Do it if you can do it deftly.

Actually when theory of reality is asked, I would write Anekantavada, and then about Dravya - Jaina view of atoms, soul etc. and only maybe mention Syadavada and Saptabhanginaya in conclusion (in terms of how they fit into Jaina metaphysics). To me, theory of reality is metaphysics.

@piyushsabarwal If question on 'theory of reality', i think write in short about classification depending upon the demand of question. I focus on completeness of answers. If on syadvad and anekantvad, not necessary to write about substance. And never forget to write critic especially for inconsistent philosophers like jain, samkhya

Agreed that Samkhya is inconsistent but how can you say that Jaina philosophy is inconsistent?
    What I cannot do:
    Spell "Antecedent".

What I can do:
    Crack CSE.
    ·
  • Hello.
    I am joining vajiram this month.
    They asked about the duly filled application form, about which form they are referring to.
    Help me please.
    ·

• Agreed that Samkhya is inconsistent but how can you say that Jaina philosophy is inconsistent?

Same doubt.

·
  • gar_123 said:

Agreed that Samkhya is inconsistent but how can you say that Jaina philosophy is inconsistent?

Same doubt.

They have accepted anekantvad but they have not synthesised reality of manyniess into a single reality. Later on they allow ultimate reality like thing to creep in through backdoor like their concept of Keivalya
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • Fresher for 2017. I arranged Mitra's IAS notes somehow from a distant friend. Are those enough alongside the books mentioned or do I need to attend the coaching as well. please throw some insights whether to go for coaching or self study from the notes. If anyone attended Mitra's coaching, his/her suggestions will be of great help.
    ·
  • Vajiram was never good in Philosophy! sorry but this is my opinion. Per me Dr. Avinash Sinha's approach is far different from rest. If you have an opportunity then I would say you must try his classes at Aashram IAS in Delhi.
    ·
  • kumar_leo said:

Vajiram was never good in Philosophy! sorry but this is my opinion. Per me Dr. Avinash Sinha's approach is far different from rest. If you have an opportunity then I would say you must try his classes at Aashram IAS in Delhi.

Vajiram?? What are u talking about friend? Are u 'gumrahing' people?
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • kumar_leo said:

Vajiram was never good in Philosophy! sorry but this is my opinion. Per me Dr. Avinash Sinha's approach is far different from rest. If you have an opportunity then I would say you must try his classes at Aashram IAS in Delhi.

Vajiram?? What are u talking about friend? Are u 'gumrahing' people?
    bhai he himself is Dr Avinash sinha
    Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
    ·
  • does anybody has idea about philo optional marks of athar aamir(rank 2) this year??
    ·
  • balban said:

does anybody has idea about philo optional marks of athar aamir(rank 2) this year??

132+124= 256
    ·
  • arvind said:

balban said:

does anybody has idea about philo optional marks of athar aamir(rank 2) this year??

132+124= 256
    thanks..
    ·
  • Please suggest a good test series for philosophy optional in Delhi.

Following are the options right now-

Mitra s
    Vision
    ASHRAM IAS
    Vajiram

Patanjali is for 5k,but most of people have suggested against that
    aham brahmasmi
    ·
  • Please suggest a good test series for philosophy optional in Delhi.

Following are the options right now-

Mitra s
    Vision
    ASHRAM IAS
    Vajiram

Patanjali is for 5k,but most of people have suggested against that

I don't know why ppl are against patanjali...I found patanjalti better than mitras... During 2014 mains I insisted mitra sir so much to tell me my mistakes but he said u write very nice and I got dropped in mains just coz of philosophy... And when I wrote the same answer for patanjali dharmendra sir told me many mistakes... I regretted that I joined mitras for test series.. Mitra sir is very humble and nice person ..he never sees our mistake but this exam is about identifying mistakes well in advance..
    About others I have no idea
    all i need is You Lord
    ·
  • test series koun si bhai vsion ya patanjali??
    Maa ka laadla bigad gaya
    ·
  • n04 said:

Fresher for 2017. I arranged Mitra's IAS notes somehow from a distant friend. Are those enough alongside the books mentioned or do I need to attend the coaching as well. please throw some insights whether to go for coaching or self study from the notes. If anyone attended Mitra's coaching, his/her suggestions will be of great help.

Can you share your notes with us? It would be very helpful
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog