How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class
Current Affairs ( Pre + Mains ) 2019 | 4 Aug | Attend First 3 Classes Free ForumIAS Weekly Current Affairs Classes commence from Saturday, 4 August, 5AM, at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.We invite you to attend the first three classes free
CLICK HERE to register for attending the classes on August 4, 5 and 11.

Psychology Optional for 2016 Mains

Dear friends,

I am starting this group for those who have opted for psychology optional for 2016 mains. This Discussion is mainly to clear doubts, answer writing, and material sharing.

Comments

• Ya,, I m with psychology in 2016
  • Hi nice to hear, i am preparing by myself... currently stared with NCERT.

How much have you completed. We can start covering chapter as per the UPSC syllabus.
  • edited December 2015
    I started with Baron. Finished till chap 6.
    @Sanjay @kobrabhai Is 2016 your first attempt with psy.
  • Ya,,,mine first ,,started with with baron also
  • I started with Baron. Finished till chap 6.
    @Sanjay @kobrabhai Is 2016 your first attempt with psy.

2016 will be my fourth attempt, i have not give my mains yet.

• Mine will be first with psy. switching from Geo.

We will start discussing topics. Soon others will join us.
    Hopefully after mains...seniors will share their strategy and experience.
  • Guys i have also opted for psychology optional .2016 will be my first attempt.Shall we devise a strategy on how dow we approach the optional.
    Seniors can help, its my first attempt
  • hi guys it is good many are comming in... i have my books stuck in chennai, the city is affected by flood.

by next week i'll come up with a plan. If anyone has joined the academy for optional they can give some inputs.
  • Hi frnds..me too thinking for opting psych swithing from geo.as its my favourite subject but ni academic background in this.so i was a bit confused.Will it be posaible to cover syllbis for 2016 mains.if i start from now.i hv applied also for MA in psych from ignou.n plz share booklost.
  • My Dear friends,

lets start the study plan as per the syllabus, First chapter of paper 1 we shall try to finish. and then write UPSC questions asked from that chapter, and will clarify doubts from that chapter.

Tentative date to complete the first chapter December 25. We shall write Q and answers on sat and sunday.

Chapter 1

Definition of Psychology; Historical antecedents of Psychology and trends in the 21st century; Psychology and scientific methods; Psychology in relation to other social sciences and natural sciences; Application of Psychology to societal problems.

Kindly ping me your numbers to my number will form a group on watsapp

• Friends has anyone joined test series this year or if you have joined last year also okie.

If you can share the Q papers it will be good. :) :) :)
  • I will be happy to join the ...
    I have given last 2 interview with psycho
    Will join you people after main....
    Then we can share our thought ....
  • Given 2 interviews with psychology.
    Let's form a group after mains this year.
  • Sanjay said:

Dear friends,

I am starting this group for those who have opted for psychology optional for 2016 mains. This Discussion is mainly to clear doubts, answer writing, and material sharing.

Hi guys, I have done my UG and PG in psychology due to interest. Now I habe decided to opt this as optional for my 2016 mians. I would also llease to be the part of this group and I would sure be able to provide some valuable inputs either in yerms of concepts or resources.
  • I will be happy to join the ...
    I have given last 2 interview with psycho
    Will join you people after main....
    Then we can share our thought ....

Once the mains is over will form the group, mail in your phone number
  • RMOH said:

Given 2 interviews with psychology.
    Let's form a group after mains this year.

Once the mains is over will form the group, mail in your phone number
  • DgOjha said:

Sanjay said:

Dear friends,

Hi guys, I have done my UG and PG in psychology due to interest. Now I habe decided to opt this as optional for my 2016 mians. I would also llease to be the part of this group and I would sure be able to provide some valuable inputs either in yerms of concepts or resources.
    Your most welcome... mail me your contact number
  • Dear friends... anyone who has got psy mains paper??? Kindly upload.
  • Paper 1
    pdf
    pdf
    Psychology CSE 2015 Paper 1.pdf
  • I have written mains twice with psy optional. I would suggest you guys to read mp sir written notes. Follow Baron and ncerts for value addition. Capture daily life examples, research studies and theories to incorporate in your answers.

Mp sir notes is best. He has collated info from many sources. Multiple revisions of his notes is required to master psy knowledge.

Don't waste time on books like cognitive psychology. Most of social psychology by Baron is covered in main Baron book itself.
  • Just gave the paper. It was very easy if one has studied under Pathak sir's guidance. Esp Paper 1. Although I couldn't complete the paper because of my speed.
  • Can u pls upload the paper.
  • please add me 8826069297
  • 9771727114,,pls add
  • Paper 2
    pdf
    pdf
    Psychology Paper-2 IAS2015.pdf
  • onlystudy said:

Can u pls upload the paper.

Uploaded both paper 1 and 2 kindly check
  • Hi Team we are about six now kindly join this group so that we can have many ideas to contribute.

lets try the first Q from paper 1, 2015, which i believe was asked from the chapter 1

Why it is important to understand psychological process for other disciplines of social science?

Take your time to answer the Q, once the answer is written mail it to me we shall review each other answers
  • edited December 2015
    Hello Friends, I too am interested in joining the group. My whatsapp no. - 9990669021. I have given last mains with Psychology. Please add me too.
  • edited December 2015
    Dear aspirants,
    I have got an extra brand new copy of mukul Pathak sir's 2014 class notes,if any one from outside Delhi wants it,I can courier it to him/her.
    Price: 750 + courier charges

Thanks
    shah.animesh33@gmail.com
  • Sanjay said:

onlystudy said:

Can u pls upload the paper.

Uploaded both paper 1 and 2 kindly check
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog