[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Feedback Required : Unique Shiksha Refresher For Mains 2015

Hi All,

Earlier this month, Unique Shiksha in association with ForumIAS conducted a 7 day Mains 2015 Refresher course from November 2- November 8, 2015. This post is regarding a feedback for the same.

We know this time is important for you, but it will be of great help if you could fill up this very brief survey form which will help us know how we did.

It will also help us bring further such low cost programs to you.

Please click below to leave your feedback :-

http://forumias.com/portal/feedback-unique-shiksha-2015-refresher-course-in-association-with-forumias/

Alternatively, if you attended the course and would like to give a feedback here, you can leave a comment below as well.

Thanks,
ForumIAS.com

·

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Looks decent to me. I read the Geo part which was good. I am yet to read the rest. Coverage of more topics would have been better.
    ·
  • @Teddy : any link to those materials ?
    To be, or not to be, that is the question...
    ·
  • dont have permission to highlight , copy and make notes........ tht sucks
    ·
  • To whoever it's concerned!

Unique ka hi ad karnaa hai to kaake open hoke kae ye kya peechhe peeche kar raha hai!
    I am a Disco dancer!! Ewwwwwwwwwww!!!
    ·
  • Drop dead.
    ·
  • Drop dead.
    Gorgeous or Silly?
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
    ·
  • Drop dead.

Gorgeous or Silly?
    :-/
    ·
  • edited November 2015
    @Teddy ... I have my own notes as well. What do you advice - do vision/GScore/Unique and then if time permits my notes or the other way around?? I can only do one class notes - that too if time permits.

Note: Consider my notes as average in quality and coverage from Hindu, IE and BS only.

Though not relevant, please retain this comment at least till I get a reply.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    https://twitter.com/JFL_Kingslayer
    https://jflkingslayer.blogspot.in/
    jlkingslayer@gmail.com
    ·
  • edited November 2015
    @Modrnity MishraTo whoever it's concerned!

Unique ka hi ad karnaa hai to kaake open hoke kae ye kya peechhe peeche kar raha hai!

@root please ban such profiles. Obviously there was an ad in the paper, I also saw it. This is feedback.

Such profiles are just troll and never contribute anything outside the bakar thread.

@root, please close all bakar threads - you only attract timepass people who just want to bring down the level of forum. You may be doing it for traffic , but it is useless traffic who will just make Forumias another orkut.

When I was in college , I used to follow forumias religiously because of good quality discussions and i came to know about right books and notes from there.'

Now you only have bakar.

My feedback : 1) I attended the course but I am not appearing for mains this time.
    2) The faculty was very good, and very motivating. I did not find any beating around the bush and things were to the point largely.
    3) Refresher Material is mixed quality - Its IR is good - covers all topics that are important. Its geography is very good - even for freshers the material is quite good because you get oriented towards questions that are relevant. Seeing last two years paper it is relevant.

Improvement suggested : It is a book, there is reading pleasure in it. The bad side is that it is not notes - and most mains appearing people would want notes at the end moment.

Overall good compilation of topics for mains. But its a book, not notes. IMO it is also relevant for people who are appearing next year to build a base. I read vajiram yellow books for building a base in IR part, but it was a bit too much. This is a bit better as most of the times issues build up on previous year issues only - like Iran , Syria, China, etc are all developing issues. So it helps in gaining perspective.

Writing CSE Mains 2016
    ·
  • Looks decent to me. I read the Geo part which was good. I am yet to read the rest. Coverage of more topics would have been better.

Thank you for the feedback . If you attended the program kindly fill up this survey form :-

Why are we doing this ?
    We are doing this so that we can bring more low cost classes to you. This requires extreme bargaining from our end for institutes to offer 30 hour courses by good faculty , at fees as low as Rs. 100 per day, which would normally cost 10 times the amount. We do not benefit from the fees paid by you , but ForumIAS does charge a monthly Advertising fee for Banner Ads shown on the top and right hand side.

We try to hold such events because we want to keep the platform relevant to the preparation process. We want to know if it was good and based on your feedback we will hold more such events which may be either free or low cost and those who would like to, may attend such events. So far the survey says we should hold such future events.

·
  • edited November 2015
    To whoever it's concerned!

Please avoid trolling. We would love a feedback - good or bad. But please do not troll threads. The bakar thread is your playground, not outside it.

Note that this isn't a feedback for an institute or so, but for an event co-branded with ForumIAS and feedback is for our internal assessment if we should hold such events or not.
    ·
  • edited November 2015
    Haven't attend the classes ,Read the Refresher material ..Polity and IR content wise its good(though some more topics could have been covered but I m assuming these topics are most probable to come..hence others not covered)..Science part is exhaustive..Overall looks promising.
    Thank you for your feedback. Appreciated.

·
  • @Modrnity MishraTo whoever it's concerned!

@root please ban such profiles. Obviously there was an ad in the paper, I also saw it. This is feedback.

Such profiles are just troll and never contribute anything outside the bakar thread.

@root, please close all bakar threads - you only attract timepass people who just want to bring down the level of forum. You may be doing it for traffic , but it is useless traffic who will just make Forumias another orkut.

When I was in college , I used to follow forumias religiously because of good quality discussions and i came to know about right books and notes from there.'

Now you only have bakar.

My feedback : 1) I attended the course but I am not appearing for mains this time.
    2) The faculty was very good, and very motivating. I did not find any beating around the bush and things were to the point largely.
    3) Refresher Material is mixed quality - Its IR is good - covers all topics that are important. Its geography is very good - even for freshers the material is quite good because you get oriented towards questions that are relevant. Seeing last two years paper it is relevant.

Improvement suggested : It is a book, there is reading pleasure in it. The bad side is that it is not notes - and most mains appearing people would want notes at the end moment.

Overall good compilation of topics for mains. But its a book, not notes. IMO it is also relevant for people who are appearing next year to build a base. I read vajiram yellow books for building a base in IR part, but it was a bit too much. This is a bit better as most of the times issues build up on previous year issues only - like Iran , Syria, China, etc are all developing issues. So it helps in gaining perspective.

Thanks for your time. Appreciated. We will look into your suggestions.
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog