ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

Whats the Alternative to IFS ? Pls Help

I have no attempts left. I really wanted to be a diplomat.
SInce that is out now, can anyone tell me what else are career choices available to people interested in international relations ? - researcher/ analyst etc etc ...

And What kind of qualifications i need ... what are the good Courses/ institutes - indian/ international etc ... are there any internships etc

Just basically guide me please. I'm not sure where to start even
please
·

Comments

• ma in ir from jnu
    THE HINDU : hinduism is responsible for all ills in this world including the extinction of dinosaurs..
    hindu tanman hindu jeevan rag rag hindu mera parichay
    KASHMIRI PANDITS N PAKISTANI BANGLA HINDUS TOO HAVE FEELINGS,RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS AND YES HUMAN RIGHTS(as a MINORITY)
    ·
  • Finish Masters from JNU. If you dont have time to do it in regular do ur masters in IR from Annamalai University. They have distance education program. Later you sit for UGC NET exam.
    ·
  • Thanks everyone .... but is there an alternative to masters right now ? Like i'm sick of studying . i would prefer to work for 1 or 2 yrs in a related field before trying for a masters in IR ... but i don't even know what jobs are available for this

@hummingbird - could you pls contribute
    ·
  • Thanks everyone .... but is there an alternative to masters right now ? Like i'm sick of studying . i would prefer to work for 1 or 2 yrs in a related field before trying for a masters in IR ... but i don't even know what jobs are available for this

@hummingbird - could you pls contribute
    teaching and research jobs are only options that are available for which u have to pursue post graduation and then higher degrees.
    In India field of international politics is highly underdeveloped.
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
    ·
  • ^^ Thank you
    .. overseas its a big career field .. but you are right - here even the service is understaffed ... i was searching for the past few days and i could not find any good alternatives ... all articles ended with "write CSE" !!!
    ·
  • ^^ Thank you
    .. overseas its a big career field .. but you are right - here even the service is understaffed ... i was searching for the past few days and i could not find any good alternatives ... all articles ended with "write CSE" !!!
    Indian foreign policy is not based on any scientific research.generalist officers manages our foreign department.there was one history and research division in mofa but that is no longer performing its task
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
    ·
  • go for ssc cgl if can get good rank u can work as assistant in mea.after some time through promotion u will be an ifs officer dey will even giv u a batch year
    ·
  • go for ssc cgl if can get good rank u can work as assistant in mea.after some time through promotion u will be an ifs officer dey will even giv u a batch year
    Can't ... age issue :(
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google