"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
Mains 2017 : The Only Course you will need to Score 400+ in GS
Mains Foundation 2017 by Ravi R Chokkalingam – to cover GS Paper 2, Paper 3, Paper 1 (Social Issues), Ethics & Essay – with 4 Full Length Mock Tests.
Classes (Online | Offline) commence from 27th June for Mains Foundation, Mains Current Affairs, GS Paper III, Ethics & Essay

Call : 9555923039 for early bird discounts

Dynamic Current Affairs for Prelims: What sources to use for Prelims?

So some of you who have done good in prelims (120+) must have prepared current affairs really well.
How do you guys prepare the dynamic portion?
1) Regular Hindu Notes from August to August.
2) Use Vaji Ram current affairs booklet or GK Today's material?
3) Taking Insights daily quiz?

Strategic insights as to good sources and how to go about this section of the paper will be helpful, I failed this time because of the sudden change and not being too aware of the dynamic current affairs.

Thanks.
·

Comments

• I read hindu...no substitute.. but atleast i dont trust my memory so much... hence i read the Gktoday monthly PDFs also...helped me...others may differ..
    ·
  • More response people.
    ·
  • Can someone else answer this please.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.
    ·
  • Bro this time vision prelims 365 PDFs proved to be very helpful for prelims even for those who didn't prepared current affairs well.
    ·
  • The Hindu + Civilsdaily mostly. I also joined Chokkalingam's current affairs crash course in May. Couldn't do all his lectures but did most of them and found them to be helpful. Also, I would suggest to do questions from some good test series as many important current affairs questions are covered in them. Rest, for Prelims, the only way through is to be thorough with all subjects mentioned in the syllabus. Next year could be very different.
    Wrote CS (Main) Exam, 2016
    Score – 760
    ·
  • Hindu + IE + Vision mag + yojana (do you know) + science reporter + test papers (insights, vision, vajiram only economics)
    ·
  • The Indian Express+Economic Times(very good)+CivilsDaily app+Any decent test series will do...all the best
    ·
  • Hindu + vision + yojana (waise mains ke liye hai par usme government schemes aur bills hote hai)
    ·
  • hi.. plz any one help me..
    Its mid feb.. & i have to complete 12 months vision ias monthly booklet--from last aug, how should i read it so i can revise atleast 3-4 time till june 18, time is very short. SO, should I make notes out of them?.. but time is very short--when to make notes & when to revise these notes?.
    its not only vision material to complet, I am reading hindu regularly, but with out making notes, + i am preparing the static part also side by side.
    looking forward to help.
    thanks.
    ·
  • Shyam007 said:

hi.. plz any one help me..
    Its mid feb.. & i have to complete 12 months vision ias monthly booklet--from last aug, how should i read it so i can revise atleast 3-4 time till june 18, time is very short. SO, should I make notes out of them?.. but time is very short--when to make notes & when to revise these notes?.
    its not only vision material to complet, I am reading hindu regularly, but with out making notes, + i am preparing the static part also side by side.
    looking forward to help.
    thanks.

Notes ka tume gaya babua....
    Humne 2014 me ye galti ki thi...ab naa hi banayen notes imho. Highlight karke underline kar len, blank spaces me additions kar len.... Aur vision 365 pad len last me.....achchi cheez ye hai ki you have kept studying hindu...zyada frustiyaye nai......efficiency ghat jayegi, cool rahiye, ho jayega sab. :)

#Steictly personal opinion
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ·
  • PIB + Ministry websites (for prelims)
    TOI news + GKToday pdfs, daily quiz (revision).
    Editorials = Selectively daily from TH, IE, TOI + BL, ET, BS (most of it is crap daily)
    If possible go through IE explained page selectively.
    Done!
    For prelims go through any good test series of any 2 institutes. Just for revision purpose.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google