NEW REVISION CLASSES PRE'17 History+ Environment+Govt Schemes

Thank you for your tremendous response, to the revision classes for Prelims 2017being conducted in New Delhi. Based on your requests and suggestions, we have come up with new classes as per below schedule
(1)Art & Culture Revision ( REPEAT ) - May 27th & 28th, (2) Modern History ( REPEAT ) - May 30th (3) Govt Schemes + Allied Issues - May 31st (4) Environment & Ecology - Friday, June 2

Seats fill up in a few hours, and we don't plan any more repeat classes, so register early. Click Here to get more details and register early to avoid inconvenience. All revision classes will be held from 5PM to 8PM.

Please suggest a good laptop- Budget 25k

Forumias'ians give bang on advice..be it for books to read, magazines to read, printers to use..Hell even which pen to use. I have banked each and every time on information shared here for all tools.
I become brain dead when it comes to computers.

Now friends I need your advice for buying a good laptop. My acer laptop just got bricked for the Third time and i am no more interested to waste my money on repairing it.

My Budget is Max 25k.

I am not a memory user guy so max 500gb hdd would suffice for me.
But i am looking for good ram (2-4gb) and dedicated video card ( just in case i feel like playing videogames). Operating system can be from Windows7. Should have ample Usb ports. Hdmi port not required.

Thanks.
·

Comments

• ASUS and Lenovo have a wide range suitable for your specs. Do check their website. Don't go for OS, look for a laptop with free DOS. You'll save around 3-4k on that. Jo aapko accha lage woh OS install kar lena.
    How to install original Os? Will i have to purchase Os dvd seperately?

i have my acer installation cd having original windows 7. Can i use it in the Free dos to install the Os?
    ·
  • Acer aspire E 531 is pretty good I have been using it for 2 years without issue.Acer is best in low cost,I think they have expertise in this range.
    Help Animals this summer Water Bowl Project
    ·
  • Os comes preinstalled
    Help Animals this summer Water Bowl Project
    ·
  • edited October 2015
    anyone??
    check this out..specs-wise its good deal...i have a model below this in terms of price and specs and for basic use its serves me just fine...so for average user this model will be nice

http://www.amazon.in/Lenovo-80L000HRIN-15-6-inch-Integrated-Graphics/dp/B0146T31LA/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1443855300&sr=1-2
    ·
  • All this can be achieved within 16-18k provide you make a compromise with your desire to play games. Anyways no laptop of 25k range would support a good graphics card even if they do they'll surely have heating issues.
    I suggest
    1. You buy basic HP model without any os around 16k. It will have ram and HDD capacity but no graphics card.
    2. Install Ubuntu or any other Linux version.
    3. Buy extended care pack for 2 years.
    4. Enjoy free life without any sofware glitches/viruses/malware's.
    5. All this will come at a trade off which is not playing games.
    If you still persist on buying a 25 k laptop make sure you buy extended care pack.
    Thanks for the information. I did not knew about this DOS thingy. Got to know about if from Burrito bro and from you today. thanks guys.

Without video card i am saving almost 8 thousand so i will go by your advice. I really did not knew that it would save me so much.
    Thanks guys for your advice.
    ·
  • Lenovo laptops comes with free spyware which collect your personal data like internet history etc and sell it to advertisers. There have been news of spyware being integrated in BIOS and EFI. This means even if you format the hard drive and install windows yourself, spyware will come back. Just google this issue before buying anything by Lenovo.
    ·
  • edited October 2015
    @Bureau_crazy
    Whatever you buy have atleast 500 GB HD(for your future storage requirements) and 4GB ram in it if you want to later switch to win 8 and above...my system with 2GB ram gets slow when multiple apps are opened simultaneously or any s/w with high memory footprint
    ·
  • @Bureau_crazy
    Whatever you buy have atleast 500 GB HD(for your future storage requirements) and 4GB ram in it if you want to later switch to win 8 and above...my system with 2GB ram gets slow when multiple apps are opened simultaneously or any s/w with high memory footprint
    I also have similar worries especially when todays softwares take up loads of memory even for simple functions.

Thanks for pointing it out.
    ·
  • @Bureau_crazy

I also have similar worries especially when todays softwares take up loads of memory even for simple functions.

Thanks for pointing it out.
    You will run out of RAM more often, to a greater degree, than you will run out of CPU..a Pentium QuadCore or even AMD dual core will do,Core i3 is not required for upsc/student oriented use
    :)
    ·
  • need to buy laptop kindly advice which one to buy. not interested in asus or acer

budget 30-35k
    basic needs - reading, watching movie, listening to songs. i am not much interested in games also.
    ·
  • I have short-listed the two laptops based on absolutely minimal and layman knowledge from internet. Please help selecting one or suggest a suitable alternative.

http://www.flipkart.com/acer-aspire-e15-e5-551g-un-mlesi-001-amd-a10-7300-8-gb-ddr3-1-tb-hdd-windows-8-1-2-graphics-notebook/p/itmebzx8hmgfuc2c?pid=COMEBZX8RZHY9VEN

http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-g50-45-notebook-apu-quad-core-a8-8gb-1tb-win8-1-2gb-graph-80e300fsin/p/itmefh6j3zvvtrkm?pid=COMEFH6FWAMBJWWX&icmpid=reco_pp_hsame_laptop_computer_1&ppid=COMEFWNTGVGKNGZY

I am open to buying from online and offline which ever is cheaper. I am also open to free-dos and then upgrading only if the seller installs the OS, because I am a novice.

I have always worked with windows xp and dabbled in windows 8.1 so I am not sure about Linux etc.

I currently only surf the net, watch movies and read on the desktop I have. I am not into gaming etc but the specs I have selected is because I don't want the laptop to be useless within a couple of years. I will most likely work on the same machine till it dies a natural death like my PC which is often sick these days. I am open to cheaper alternatives with similar specs.

Guys with know-how in tech stuff, Please Help.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    ·
  • @Jaime_Lannister Lenovo is fine, but few models have battery issues. Get heated pretty quickly. Or you might have to replace the battery within a year.
    Do check customer reviews or tech. forums before finalizing the model.
    ·
  • look for longer warranty, preferably 2 years
    इस बात पर मुझे हँसना चाहिए।

Hobbies: Reading and Writing | Listening to Ghazals
    ·
  • Thanks @nexgen @ruminance-1 ... I may have to go for lenovo g50-45 series as that is the cheapest and I am cash strapped for a while... closer to 20k... e-tailers are providing only 1 year warranty... I'll check what retailers say tomorrow. Thanks
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    ·
  • Forumias'ians give bang on advice..be it for books to read, magazines to read, printers to use..Hell even which pen to use. I have banked each and every time on information shared here for all tools.
    I become brain dead when it comes to computers.

Now friends I need your advice for buying a good laptop. My acer laptop just got bricked for the Third time and i am no more interested to waste my money on repairing it.

My Budget is Max 25k.

I am not a memory user guy so max 500gb hdd would suffice for me.
    But i am looking for good ram (2-4gb) and dedicated video card ( just in case i feel like playing videogames). Operating system can be from Windows7. Should have ample Usb ports. Hdmi port not required.

Thanks.

Brother I suggest you to buy the below mentioned HP product i am using it for the past one year i never experienced any problems . System boot up is less than 5 secs, i am using 10-15 tabs at a time without any lag in its operations, 4gb ram,500gb hard disk comes with windows 10 but mine is 8.1 ... even they are providing 1 year onsite warranty incase of any damage they come at your place the product it happened to me as well.. very good laptop at 25 K... Hp supports is awesome please goahead

http://www.flipkart.com/hp-15-af114au-notebook-amd-quad-core-a8-4gb-1tb-win10-p3c92pa-acj/p/itmeae7xhwzk9auy?pid=COMEAE7XDPMSAMRW&al=iN3G0EwFbjlRYZf2JDDdgMldugMWZuE75aUsiwTbcEN7yrs5t0ztNSrlGlv2diDGVwslAzv5HNU=&ref=L:2816132085251656947&srno=b_1
    ·
  • try it lenova with amd processor
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google