MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Better source for current affairs for mains- VAJIRAM CURRENT BOOKLETS or VISION IAS Current affairs

hey,
This is for confusion on the Current affairs material in the market.

Which of these are better-
Vajiram Current Affair booklets OR Vision IAS current affair booklets ?

parameters to be considered-
1. Analysis of events/analytical approach.
2. Relevant Information.(not like skimming the content)
3. Well Organised.
4. Interesting and easy on eyes.

please share your experiences.
Thankyou :)

Comments

• I think vajiram is g8.....
  • ohk, can anyone compare the two?
  • I think vajiram is g8.....
    If you could elaborate ,please.
  • @Shuffler

Traditionally students refer ( used to refer ) Vajiram & Sriram Current Affairs notes. Anything that would be amiss in one would be there in the other one and hence coverage would more or less be complete

However in last 2 years people have started to refer to Vision Notes too as a full time alternative to the above - in the pursuit of single source.

If you ask me Vision is a good summary of The Hindu. If you miss Hindu, you could cover all of it from Vision IAS Notes.

You will have to refer to more than one of then, unfortunately as there is still No single source for UPSC prep, and nor is this possible.

But let not two sources be a reason for not doing any of them, e.g. You dont do Vision because someone says Vajiram is good, and dont do Vaji because someone says Vision is good.

Start preparing issues, and refer to whatever the duck you think is a better source. Can refer to one or many - but try to consolidtae everything in your own notes at the end of it.

Before the exam you would like to have one source at max.

Hope it helps.
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
  • @Neyawn .. right mate.... and wonderfully put across. thanks.
  • I think vision and sriram notes are better
  • I think vision and sriram notes are better

Sriram is good in Economics no doubt n Vision is catching up, but still Vajiram holds highest share in the market. Vision has created buzz with PT-365 which is a gr8 initiative n gave a competitive advantage to it, but I believe that other institutes including Vajiram too will come up with such initiatives.

• Shuffler said:

hey,
    This is for confusion on the Current affairs material in the market.

Which of these are better-
    Vajiram Current Affair booklets OR Vision IAS current affair booklets ?

parameters to be considered-
    1. Analysis of events/analytical approach.
    2. Relevant Information.(not like skimming the content)
    3. Well Organised.
    4. Interesting and easy on eyes.

please share your experiences.
    Thankyou :)

One of the parameters you put is Interesting and easy to read. Vision considerably lacks on this parameter. It's hard to read the fonts almost every time. The stuff is goof though. With Vajiram you will find all the 4 parameters streamlined. So in my view, Vajiram CA is better than anyone.
  • As far as vajiram booklets are considered...they are very comprehensive and I dnt think there is a requirement of reading any booklet after that...so on content parameter I prefer it over others
  • As far as vajiram booklets are considered...they are very comprehensive and I dnt think there is a requirement of reading any booklet after that...so on content parameter I prefer it over others

Yup, I second you as it is what I quoted. Infact Vajiram booklets have added a few new features like cover story, MCQs etc. which will help the aspirants to understand the current topics in a better way.
  • Passive Achiever and The optimist.. two profiles.. one made today only.. 4 comments only praising Vajiram or endorsing another Fan of Vajiram.. and second one although little old yet in >95% comments carry praise for Vajiram onlyyy !!

Hddd h matlab Vaji ko bhi marketing krni pd rhi h !!..itne bure din aa gye tau !!

I'm an old fan of Vaji (still also but not blind follower) .. undoubtedly Vaji is leader of mkt in few aspects especially GS faculty in few subjects (respect for them) .. but in others it needs considerable improvements (considerable means QUITE CONSIDERABLE) rather than false marketing on social media.. (to know what they are you can pm me) !!

Don't betray your duties as a human for the sake of your duty as an employee or whatsoever.. :)

ALERT For NEWBIES ..BEWARE OF PICKPOCKETERS !! ;)

Radhey Radhey.. Shubhratri !! :)

Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)
  • @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh hi sir how r u
    best of luck for result
    chocolate is my life
  • edited May 15

Passive Achiever and The optimist.. two profiles.. one made today only.. 4 comments only praising Vajiram or endorsing another Fan of Vajiram.. and second one although little old yet in >95% comments carry praise for Vajiram onlyyy !!

Hddd h matlab Vaji ko bhi marketing krni pd rhi h !!..itne bure din aa gye tau !!

I'm an old fan of Vaji (still also but not blind follower) .. undoubtedly Vaji is leader of mkt in few aspects especially GS faculty in few subjects (respect for them) .. but in others it needs considerable improvements (considerable means QUITE CONSIDERABLE) rather than false marketing on social media.. (to know what they are you can pm me) !!

Don't betray your duties as a human for the sake of your duty as an employee or whatsoever.. :)

ALERT For NEWBIES ..BEWARE OF PICKPOCKETERS !! ;)

Radhey Radhey.. Shubhratri !! :)

Choti bhai aaj tumne bato bato mai itny marli ki :p
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog