ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

Tamil Nadu PSC - Group-1

edited September 2015 in State PSC
TNPSC GROUP1 ASPIRANTS POST YOUR DOUBTS AND DISCUSSIONS HERE

Comments

• tnpsc group 1 is fast approaching any body there preparing
  • Which guide is better?
    Surabooks or Sakthi
  • Which guide is better?
    Surabooks or Sakthi
    i have sura.
    have u attended tnpsc group2 ...?
  • Nope bro.
    Does Sura covers all areas of Tamilnadu general studies?
  • Nope bro.
    Does Sura covers all areas of Tamilnadu general studies?
    ya but state board books are best one..where r u from ..details of your guidance,
    i have attended group2 but my mark is around 120. but cutoff is around 135. bad luck bro.
    scored 70/100 in general studies, due to lack of preparation only 50 in general english.
    group2 non interview posts notification are about to release by this month end .
    what abt upsc prilims dude..?
  • @sujith11me100 I have attempted group 2, expecting to appear for group 2 mains.Upsc prelims is in dilemma :-?? lets see.. How about your prelims?
    :-)
  • When is your exam mate?
  • @kattappa Group 2 prelims result is expected by this month bro..mains would be by december i guess.
    How about you.. R u from TN?
  • group 1 mains result for the previous year is yet to be released. is there any chance that group 1 might be postponed, considering the fact that tnpsc never keeps the exam on date specified in the notification...
    Patience and hard work are key to success.
  • @GP_Superman Namma TNPSC epovumae apdithan.. :) There are chances for that to happen bro..
  • Hope there is no postponement.. Illainaa mains time la vechu imsa pannuvanunga..
  • any body attempted group1,2 previously
  • @sujith11me100 I have attempted group 2, expecting to appear for group 2 mains.Upsc prelims is in dilemma :-?? lets see.. How about your prelims?
    what is previous year group2 interviiew posts bro?

what is previous year group2 interviiew posts cutoff bro?

• @sujith11me100 It was in the range of 125 - 133 for various quotas ( G,BC - Male,BC(M),BC - Female,MBC,SC,ST etc 8-} ). This year also expecting same, and there is no big difference in number of posts but they have reduced the posts for BE qualification, only about 400 posts this time for BE. :( . Neenga epdi BE ya?
  • ya BE than. iam getting 121 only .so confused
  • @sujith11me100 It was in the range of 125 - 133 for various quotas ( G,BC - Male,BC(M),BC - Female,MBC,SC,ST etc 8-} ). This year also expecting same, and there is no big difference in number of posts but they have reduced the posts for BE qualification, only about 400 posts this time for BE. :( . Neenga epdi BE ya?
    BE than . iam getting 121 only. so confused
  • Group 2a notification is nearing.. so do concentrate on the language part. As we are into upsc preparation general studies wouldn't be that difficult. ;)
  • Group 2a notification is nearing.. so do concentrate on the language part. As we are into upsc preparation general studies wouldn't be that difficult. ;)
    true bro i managed to get 70 in gs but failed to prepare general english scored 41 only.
    this time i will put more efforts to score in english
  • @sujith11me100 cool.. :) How abt upsc prelims? studying in any institute?
  • @sujith11me100 cool.. :) How abt upsc prelims? studying in any institute?
    getting around 87 obc in dilemma.any way preparing for mains.
    1year coaching in free ias academy in coimbatore
  • Good bro.. I am writing test series in shankar, I am also in a similar sitution. 8-|
  • what is your optional bro?
  • @sujith11me100 group 2a notification out,My optional is geography yours?
    ya applied just now,mine history .
    how to prepare for this topic
    1)Distribution of key natural resources across the world
    (including South Asia and the
    Indian sub-continent);
    2) factors
    responsible for the location of primary,
    secondary, and tertiary sector
    industries in various parts of
    the world (including India)
    ya applied just now,mine history .
    how to prepare for this topic
    1)Distribution of key natural resources across the world
    (including South Asia and the
    Indian sub-continent);
    2) factors
    responsible for the location of primary,
    secondary, and tertiary sector
    industries in various parts of
    the world (including India)
    result today night 9 pm - see website www.upsc.gov.in

• @sujith11me100 The basics for these could be found in the geography ncerts
    1.Contemporary India ( Natural resources in India)
    2.Human Geography(deals world factors of industries)
    Im depending on internet for further information and preparing notes on the other sub topics.These may not suffice answer writing but these could be the best starting place. If you have any info please do share :)
  • me too . but contemporary india is old . its compiled before breakdown of ussr. some points are confusing while taking notes.
    i hope one should analyse all important topics in above books and make short notes with help of internet.
  • @sujith11me100 The basics for these could be found in the geography ncerts
    1.Contemporary India ( Natural resources in India)
    2.Human Geography(deals world factors of industries)
    Im depending on internet for further information and preparing notes on the other sub topics.These may not suffice answer writing but these could be the best starting place. If you have any info please do share :)
    me too . but contemporary india is old . its compiled before breakdown of ussr. some points are confusing while taking notes.
    i hope one should analyse all important topics in above books and make short notes with help of internet would suffice

• yes seen that result by 9. There should be some stable material for this topics I have asked in one thread but no reply. Btw are you working or fresh out of col??
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog