How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!

VisionIAS current affairs - When do they release it?

edited September 2015 in Current Affairs
This is a basic query regarding vision ias current compilation release time? Since when they start releasing it? Is it only after prelims or it is available all through year?

Comments

• Throughout year....available in delhi.....photocopies...but are generally late..
  • For those who have taken their Value Added Material, have they given everything in the beginning or will they give a few booklets at a later stage too?
    In the midst of fearful uncertainties, romanticize the countless possibilities...
  • For those who have taken their Value Added Material, have they given everything in the beginning or will they give a few booklets at a later stage too?
    From what I remember , they did hand over a couple of booklets at the later stages last year .
  • If I prepare Monthly current affairs module (Vision) is it sufficient or shall I arrange their compilation at the end for main in hardcopy etc?

Usually monthly they upload the module
    website - http://ajayvision.com/html/beta/blog/current-affairs

Apart from Insight and Vision module, shall I search or buy any other ?
    THanks
  • @shubh1
    I totally agree with what @Teddy said
    Its better to read Hindu/IE or both plus any monthly module (eg-Vision)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
  • What I was planning to do that cover all major opinion sections from all the good sources which I have added in feedly and read daily 5 to 8 long opinion articles.... then for other sections of news I will follow daily insights and monthly module of vision etc similar to what gaurav agrawal did.. is it sufficient ?
  • Yup...that sounds good
    @shubh1
    ;;)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
  • //all major opinion sections from all the good sources// @shubh1 what are those good sources? could you please share those links to follow? I just started to follow IE editorial + columns feeds besides The Hindu.
  • //all major opinion sections from all the good sources// @shubh1 what are those good sources? could you please share those links to follow? I just started to follow IE editorial + columns feeds besides The Hindu.
  • @Dean@Dinesh

these are many.. major one are from EPW, BS, Frontline, the diplomat, ET, WWF, MEA, Science CA. In sabke editorials. on feedly the recommended list auto pops up related to what u add this way u can go on.. but personally I never completed all in a single day but u would find variety atleast. I am waiting for the time when I will finish core subjects basic and persistence on news/issues... as then I will be able to understand articles very quickly and form own opinion.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog