NEW REVISION CLASSES PRE'17 History+ Environment+Govt Schemes

Thank you for your tremendous response, to the revision classes for Prelims 2017being conducted in New Delhi. Based on your requests and suggestions, we have come up with new classes as per below schedule
(1)Art & Culture Revision ( REPEAT ) - May 27th & 28th, (2) Modern History ( REPEAT ) - May 30th (3) Govt Schemes + Allied Issues - May 31st (4) Environment & Ecology - Friday, June 2

Seats fill up in a few hours, and we don't plan any more repeat classes, so register early. Click Here to get more details and register early to avoid inconvenience. All revision classes will be held from 5PM to 8PM.

Essay 2015: Anecdotes, Quotes, Words and Other Essay Related Material Sharing!

Hi Guys,

In order to score well in Essay one needs to have a good content along with a certain amount of flair in Essay writing. While the style and writing skill development require extensive practice, building content needs a long time and requires extensive reading from various sources and collecting the above mentioned things at one place, so as to use in one's Essay.

What I propose in this thread is sharing of Essay material which people have collected during the course of their preparation in one place so that everyone can be benefited from it. If we can pool the resources from other people's material we can have good content which we can use to enrich our essays. Collecting content takes a long time(I have around 60 pages of words, quotes etc. which I collected over 2-3 years from newspapers), so If people come forward and share their material It will be of a lot of help to others.

P.S. I see that there is a Quote thread. What I intend to do is to compile all the quotes from that at one place and share that so that everyone can be benefited. Also I will try to create a pdf file of my essay material after scanning the pages as they are hand written)

Thank You.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.
गौरव की भाषा नई सीख , भिखमंगों की आवाज़ बदल
सिमटी बाहों को खोल गरुड़ , उड़ने का अब अंदाज़ बदल
·

Comments

• thanks a lot bhai grt idea and plz share ur mehnat material of quotes words that u have collected
    THE HINDU : hinduism is responsible for all ills in this world including the extinction of dinosaurs..
    hindu tanman hindu jeevan rag rag hindu mera parichay
    KASHMIRI PANDITS N PAKISTANI BANGLA HINDUS TOO HAVE FEELINGS,RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS AND YES HUMAN RIGHTS(as a MINORITY)
    ·
  • read making india awesome u will get grt material for essay
    plz share ur material bro
    THE HINDU : hinduism is responsible for all ills in this world including the extinction of dinosaurs..
    KASHMIRI PANDITS N PAKISTANI BANGLA HINDUS TOO HAVE FEELINGS,RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS AND YES HUMAN RIGHTS(as a MINORITY)
    ·
  • english imp vocab
    docx
    docx
    English Vocab.docx
    ·
  • I need a little time brother because it's handwritten and I have to scan it. Will do asap.
    ·
  • Hi Guys,

As promised here is the compendium of the quotations from the "Superhit thread of Quotations" here at ForumIAS till page 17. You can download it for your convenience.

Link: https://goo.gl/TCLC3b
    ·
  • If i may advice. Keep your essay simple and straight. No need for fancy schmancy quotes and all. In the pressure its very hard to remember quotes. Two roi in time spent in memorising quotes and marks gained is very less. Third better would be time to invest in reading good standard book to gain an additional pov or as mrunal calls 'fodder'.

ps: i am no big shot aspirant.
    ·
  • Hi Guys,

As promised here is the compendium of the quotations from the "Superhit thread of Quotations" here at ForumIAS till page 17. You can download it for your convenience.
    bhai thanks a lot for ur selfless benevolence
    i m trying to upload sriram essay module but its not uploading..kindly download it from net...its really very gud and also read making india awesome book by chetan bhagat ..gud one for essay besides spectrums essay book

·
  • read making india awesome u will get grt material for essay
    plz share ur material bro
    Buddy I ordered Making India Awesome. Although not a big fan of Mr Bhagat, I will try and read it to get some fodder material for Essay. Thanks for your recommendation.

·
  • edited September 2015
    ok also see what young india wants by cbhagat and india shastra by shashi tharoor
    ·
  • can anyone suggest some more good books to read to make our foundation for gs and essay strong..general reading
    ·
  • I would suggest not to buy any essay specific book

A week ago I ordered the 151 essay book by spectrum , has lots of issues and covers a whole range, may even give you fodder points for a wide range of topics.. but as a whole Cost to Benefit Ratio is very low..

Instead I find IE and Hindu Editorials as better media to prepare for the Essay Paper,
    Mood bohot kharab hai kya kare
    Prelims -2 Mains-2 Interview - 0
    ·
  • well newspapers can cover gs mains and essay vey well.plz provide some collected words and important anecdotes or maxims, cliches etc
    ·
  • I need a little time brother because it's handwritten and I have to scan it. Will do asap.
    bro plz share ur material..any progress eagerly for ur notes

·
  • ;)) :)]
    ·
    In times of universal deceit,telling the truth is a revolutionary act!
    ·
  • ^:)^
    ·
  • :-SS :-SS anyone plz contribute some
    ·
  • Read speeches of president and vice president. They cover wide area of relevant topics like education, health and includes quotes , data. Also has nice intro and conclusion
    SSC CGL 2011,SBI po 12,13;Capf AC 14;RBI grade b 16;CSM 2011-15
    ·
  • :-h :-h +11
    ·
  • plz provide some collected words and important anecdotes,keywords and statements or maxims, cliches if u have any file for fodder in gs and essay it can be helpful in interview too
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google