43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

What are some of the good youtube channels for upsc?

edited September 2015 in Tools & Technology
hello friends, I am new here and preparing upsc without coaching...
could you suggest me some really good lectures subjectwise which will be helpful in upsc preparation.... m really finding it difficult to understand some concepts without coaching...
for arts and culture and physical geography could you please suggest me videos for better visual understanding...
thank you
·

Comments

• for economics ,I am following mrunal sir's videos and also have seen unacedemy videos
    ·
  • friends please help me with some really helpful you tube channels subjectwise... esp for physical geography and art and culture
    ·
  • edited September 2015
    I have not seen them but try examrace or Iken edu.
    ·
  • edited September 2015
    @neyawn , @etat, @krispy... sir plz reply...
    ·
  • For history funtastic fundas videas are also good. Specially the viceroy based ones.
    ·
  • edited September 2015
    Hi,

Videos cannot contribute 1/10th of what reading can help. Dont watch anybody else notes. Self - study. If its books you want, you can find some on my site ****

But at the end of of it, u'll have to study them. What exactly are you studying? What difficulties are you facing?
    ·
  • @neyawn , @etat, @krispy... sir plz reply...
    Look through the quick lookup thread. Tons of YouTube channels have been mentioned.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
    ·
  • friends please help me with some really helpful you tube channels subjectwise... esp for physical geography and art and culture
    UGC CEC for art culture,history and socio.

·
  • I tried them but reading would be faster than watching videos. Ugc and nptel also can be used.
    ugc n nptl r not gud
    ·
  • I tried them but reading would be faster than watching videos. Ugc and nptel also can be used.

ugc n nptl r not gud
    hey do you know some good channels then??
    ·
  • I would recommend Crash Course in World History by John Green. Amazing way to do World History via short duration videos. The fun part is its not academic and yet it covers stuff in a way where you can remember it very well.

Hope you like it. Do watch their videos on French revolution etc.
    Currently Answering Questions on ForumIAS | Do not call me Sir, I am no Knight |
    ·
  • I would recommend Crash Course in World History by John Green. Amazing way to do World History via short duration videos. The fun part is its not academic and yet it covers stuff in a way where you can remember it very well.

Hope you like it. Do watch their videos on French revolution etc.
    Thanks so much sir!!!!
    Sir it would be really great if you could recommend some really good videos for art and culture and physical geography

·
  • mrunal geography videos r gud for gs and prelims. miss rajtanil has taught extremely well...even better than coaching people.
    fantastic funda for history is gud
    ugc cec videos r extremely useful for political science , IR (they will seem little boring)
    art and culture ....u can find some short videos by various people.
    all the above thing will be the base

but superstructure of knowledge will be created only by self reading and writing :-B
    Greatest power on earth : power of youth and beauty of women (Kautilya baba)
    apni youth to UPSC le gayi.... jo kuch bacha hua hai wo (women beauty ) le jaegi
    ·
  • mrunal geography videos r gud for gs and prelims. miss rajtanil has taught extremely well...even better than coaching people.
    fantastic funda for history is gud
    ugc cec videos r extremely useful for political science , IR (they will seem little boring)
    art and culture ....u can find some short videos by various people.
    all the above thing will be the base

but superstructure of knowledge will be created only by self reading and writing :-B
    Thanks so much sir!!!
    ·
  • Mrunal for Geography & Economics Is very good
    Fantastic Fundas is very good for polity.I found it very insightful & very well explained .
    Even History of fantastic funda is good
    Insigts for the hindu
    Unaccdemy for Biodiversity & Indian culture.
    ·
  • khan academy videos for world history are good. It does not cover the complete world history syllabus but what ever is covered is explained in detail.
    ·
  • for world history john green is the best in my experience. he gives you a basic overview and doesn't delve much into details(that's your job). he also links back to earlier events. and its short about 8-12 mins. its boring when you have to listen for about an hour with a blackboard behind. his approach is different and very engaging
    ·
  • Thanks

After continuous failures,distractions,frustrations.........."Finally God has accepted my pain, and given me one more chance to stand up once again."
    ·
  • phoenix24 said:

friends please help me with some really helpful you tube channels subjectwise... esp for physical geography and art and culture

https://www.facebook.com/UPSC-geography-studentnow-429102443915661/

here some some videos are shared . A channel link is also mentioned there
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google