Write the Prelims 7 Times before you write it on June 3
Write Simulator Test 2 at 9AM on April 8. Get Scorecard same day by 9PM. Enroll now ! Do not wait till its too late! Enrollment Links :1) Simulator Tests : 8 GS Tests 2) Simulator Tests : 8 GS + 4 CSAT Tests
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Revision of Economy through MCQs and Quizzes           (2) Revision Classes on Indian & World Geography
(3) Fast-Paced Revision Course of Indian Polity                    (4)Most important topics for Modern Indian History
(5) Crash course on Art and Culture                                       (6) Last minute Practice Course to qualify CSAT Paper 2
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

How can I be a scribe for someone appearing for UPSC, SSC and other similar exams?

Do I need to contact the exam conducting body or the candidates? And how can I do that?
I would like to be a scribe for exams conducted by UPSC, SSC, Punjab public service commission, RBI, SBI, NABARD, IBPS, CAT, insurance exams etc.

Comments

• Nobody knows anything?
  • Contacting the candidates is better. Generally, ppl make their own arrangements for scribe.

Contact college unions/ societies. They often act as mediators in finding scribes
  • Looking for more suggestions.
  • ma'am,i think you will be best served by contacting some institute who prepares disables students for entrance exams

i am sure there are plenty
    the only hurdle between you and success is lack of genuine belief
  • looking for more answers
  • sherdil said:

Do I need to contact the exam conducting body or the candidates? And how can I do that?
    I would like to be a scribe for exams conducted by UPSC, SSC, Punjab public service commission, RBI, SBI, NABARD, IBPS, CAT, insurance exams etc.

Candidate ko arrange karna padhata hai n kuch conditions hoti hai like educational qualification nt more than 10th or 12th so that u cant help ur candi
  • If you want to be the scribe for someone appearing in UPSC , IAS or other exam you should keep contact with the institute or university, So that if any visually impaired student appear in the exam, they can need the provision of scribes to make exam smooth and accessible.
  • Its good to see someone is voluntarily interested in helping needy students.
    I had been scribe for 6 years since my 10th class . So , I assume i can avail you some info which can be handy to you .
    Since 2013 , anyone can become a scribe to any VH students, irrespective of his/her qualification , whatsoever exam it may be. Now exam conducting authorities are responsible to ensure that scribe doesn't indulge in cheating or in extended help to Vh student.
    So your qualification cant become reason to not be a scribe for anyone. To be a scribe, you may go to "Sewa kutir VH Hostel ", Gtb nagar as there are plenty of VH students who looks for people like you . Once you start , there won't be back looking. Indeed , sometimes you are being paid for being a scribe .amount differs from exam conducting authorities to universities.
    CBSE ( CTet, Net jrf , Teahing )pays 700 to 1000, sbi 700 , Du 400 for 1 paper etc .
    Best of luck !!

Ps ; once you say Yes , to be a scribe to a student for a exam , dont back back off in between , it hurts them a lot . So be careful , do all P &C of time before you say Yes to any VH students.
    Thank you.
    correct me ,if i am wrong ! i would be happy to accept my mistakes !
  • sherdil said:

looking for more answers

If you are preparing for this exam you cannot be a scribe.
    The rules are -
    1. You should be one level less qualified.
    2. Shouldn't be of same field going for same goal.

I suggest you volunteer very carefully in such cases as your actions if found violative of any rule would attract legal attention.

Thank you for responding. The rules are different for different exams I guess. But you didn't tell how do I become a scribe?
  • baali said:

Its good to see someone is voluntarily interested in helping needy students.
    I had been scribe for 6 years since my 10th class . So , I assume i can avail you some info which can be handy to you .
    Since 2013 , anyone can become a scribe to any VH students, irrespective of his/her qualification , whatsoever exam it may be. Now exam conducting authorities are responsible to ensure that scribe doesn't indulge in cheating or in extended help to Vh student.
    So your qualification cant become reason to not be a scribe for anyone. To be a scribe, you may go to "Sewa kutir VH Hostel ", Gtb nagar as there are plenty of VH students who looks for people like you . Once you start , there won't be back looking. Indeed , sometimes you are being paid for being a scribe .amount differs from exam conducting authorities to universities.
    CBSE ( CTet, Net jrf , Teahing )pays 700 to 1000, sbi 700 , Du 400 for 1 paper etc .
    Best of luck !!

Ps ; once you say Yes , to be a scribe to a student for a exam , dont back back off in between , it hurts them a lot . So be careful , do all P &C of time before you say Yes to any VH students.
    Thank you.

Thank you for responding. I'm not from Delhi, I'm from Ludhiana. Is that the only way you know to become a scribe?
  • hellow sherdil i am sarves, a visually challanged student need scribe for my ssc exam in august. i am preparing for upsc too and will take upsc 2017. i
    need help in my preparation also since i am not taking any coaching towards my preparation, specially in ans writing challange. i need a writer who can
    accomodate the speed according to me. for this u will have to take some mock test along with me. for further details contact me at 9716954572
    email id- sarvesh2kt@gmail.com
  • No doubt you have to study hard for success in SSC IAS and all other govt exams.
    For daily current affairs, GK, Reasoning visit http://www.sscias.com
    For epaper :- http://www.sscias.com/p/e-paper.html
    All epaper are uploaded before 6AM.
    Enjoy.........
  • @Neyawn plz ban him.

No doubt you have to study hard for success in SSC IAS and all other govt exams.
    For daily current affairs, GK, Reasoning visit http://www.sscias.com
    For epaper :- http://www.sscias.com/p/e-paper.html
    All epaper are uploaded before 6AM.
    Enjoy.........

You better be careful kid
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog