Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

Sriram ias review

ex sriram's student and current ones, please guide, if I should join sriram ias or not

Comments

• i am also planning to join sriram oct batch, heard their GS is good
    lord giveth lord taketh away
  • I also want to knw . . . i have done from jaima coaching but every1 say sri ram eco sri ram best ha . . Plz senior help
    To you, I'm an atheist
    To God, I'm the loyal opposition
  • I am a current student of Sriram's GTB nagar batch. The batch started from 6th of august. Till now, only Sci Tech has been completed in 1 month and my experience is very satisfactory. Sci Tech was taught by Dr Banarjee and he taught it pretty well. Sriram Sir is best in his subjects ( Polity, Economics and IR ), as i have heard from a lot of seniors. The management is helpful and classes are fairly arranged. They are doing their best. Rest lies with us.
  • fantastic coaching ,until you are already know more than them. price is obviously huge ,but u wont be left in chaos or may join module courses ,now a days they are very in trend and will help u to save money !!
    Upsc upsc upsc upsc .!! Aur upsc !!
  • fantastic coaching ,until you are already know more than them. price is obviously huge ,but u wont be left in chaos or may join module courses ,now a days they are very in trend and will help u to save money !!
    Can u give some more detail on modulecourse?
  • Civil Services (Preliminary) 2015 GS Paper I Solution (video)
    A thorough question-by-question discussion of the GS Paper I of the Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2015. The presentation is detailed and the relevant sources/resources have been provided. A street-smart method to pick the right answer even with limited (or no!) information has also been explained.
  • someone plz give proper guidance over sriram ias??
  • i was their student in 2014 batch...science and tech is taught by banerjee sir...though at first it appears that it is good but after sometime you realise that most of the things he thought was not useful from exam point of view.
    Polity and Econony is taught by sriram himself..though he is alright but all that he taught cud be done by you yourself by going through his notes...Internatinal relation is also looked after by him but only after prelims result is out.
    History is taught by seenaih sir...i must say he is a very good teacher...he makes history easy for you and you can rely on him.
    Geography teacher is alright too...but only for those who have done some basic study by themselve...actually even those who are done with basics find his way of teaching too fast to comprehend.
    Social issues were pathetic to say the least..it was taken by some jnu professor.
    In my view i think coaching for gs is not necessary...but if one has to then it is much better to go for module based approach
    someone plz give proper guidance over sriram ias??
    Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
  • For sriram himself-i liked the discussions , if you know the basics (he will tell what he would be covering the next day) discussions are enriching. He wont entertain silly doubts which may demotivate some to ask any doubts but it does makes you think on the topic. Polity eco case studies ethics and current affairs he will discuss.

SnT .. Useful for pre and ssc psc type exams only
    Ethics psychology part is taken by another person.. Young and interactive fellow... Again discussion based.

Essay... A joke

History... A gem... I would love to go and sit again. You wont know when senaiyah sir covered culture as he wont specifically do it in exclusion. He links it in a good enough way with the time period. Sriram history material is more than enough as per me if you ammend it with class notes.

Geo: db kumar sir will link concepts nicely. Plz dont look at the notes provided.... Simply pathetic stuff is given for geo (except map )

Plus.... Srirams provides mains test series in the programme .. Gave 2 till now and i am satisfied. 12 more tests and mains to go! May be i would be in better condition to comment on the usefulness of coaching after that only.
    But till then, if you can afford the money and the time ... Do it . You may learn something!

• plz can u give review about vajiram and ravi which u know from ur friends or some feedback about their classes
    For sriram himself-i liked the discussions , if you know the basics (he will tell what he would be covering the next day) discussions are enriching. He wont entertain silly doubts which may demotivate some to ask any doubts but it does makes you think on the topic. Polity eco case studies ethics and current affairs he will discuss.

SnT .. Useful for pre and ssc psc type exams only
    Ethics psychology part is taken by another person.. Young and interactive fellow... Again discussion based.

Essay... A joke

History... A gem... I would love to go and sit again. You wont know when senaiyah sir covered culture as he wont specifically do it in exclusion. He links it in a good enough way with the time period. Sriram history material is more than enough as per me if you ammend it with class notes.

Geo: db kumar sir will link concepts nicely. Plz dont look at the notes provided.... Simply pathetic stuff is given for geo (except map )

Plus.... Srirams provides mains test series in the programme .. Gave 2 till now and i am satisfied. 12 more tests and mains to go! May be i would be in better condition to comment on the usefulness of coaching after that only.
    But till then, if you can afford the money and the time ... Do it . You may learn something!

i was their student in 2014 batch...science and tech is taught by banerjee sir...though at first it appears that it is good but after sometime you realise that most of the things he thought was not useful from exam point of view.
    Polity and Econony is taught by sriram himself..though he is alright but all that he taught cud be done by you yourself by going through his notes...Internatinal relation is also looked after by him but only after prelims result is out.
    History is taught by seenaih sir...i must say he is a very good teacher...he makes history easy for you and you can rely on him.
    Geography teacher is alright too...but only for those who have done some basic study by themselve...actually even those who are done with basics find his way of teaching too fast to comprehend.
    Social issues were pathetic to say the least..it was taken by some jnu professor.
    In my view i think coaching for gs is not necessary...but if one has to then it is much better to go for module based approach
    THE HINDU : hinduism is responsible for all ills in this world including the extinction of dinosaurs..
    hindu tanman hindu jeevan rag rag hindu mera parichay
    KASHMIRI PANDITS N PAKISTANI BANGLA HINDUS TOO HAVE FEELINGS,RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS AND YES HUMAN RIGHTS(as a MINORITY)
  • For beginner's I will not recommend Sriram..if once u HV completed all ur basics then u can cope up with their speed..they will not dictate u n also they teach very fast..concept clarity is good for few subjects but that is only possible
    If u HV completed ur basics..
  • Materials of Sriram are good but that u can get from market..
  • @kira is their mains test series included in the yearly programme or one has to join separately ? Cos one of my friend just finished his batch in july
  • included in yearly programme. Me too finished this july. Need to just take your ID card to the test.
  • For beginner's I will not recommend Sriram..if once u HV completed all ur basics then u can cope up with their speed..they will not dictate u n also they teach very fast..concept clarity is good for few subjects but that is only possible
    Then do u recommend vajiram for beginners??
    I have just started my preparation.
    Then do u recommend vajiram for beginners??
    I have just started my preparation.
  • I was a student of 2014 batch.found it satisfactory. Faculties as well as staff are cooperative and ever helping.
    Best part is they reply to your queries even till today on mails.
  • And there is nothing like beginners.
    You will do coaching after all only once.
    Vajiram is also very good.
    But the only reason why I joined SRIRAMs was that they took up a subject at a time for a week or two which gave to a student like me time good enough to assimilate things thought in class.
  • Dig up old threads. You will find more detailed reviews and comparisons betweet coaching centres and their teaching styles.
    Enjoy the hard work.
  • Hi people
    I wasn't able to register for vajiram as their website showed gs for oct 2015 is full..so should I join sriram now or wait for vajiram ,like sometimes after admission process they may have vaccant seats...suggest someone please. .
  • And does any one know how many have cracked exam from sriram..because there is not much info regarding this.
  • If you want to save your money and u really don't want to waste your money I seriously recommend you don't join sriram is . Only history is good there and all are garbage . In polity sriram teach with similar speed of supersonic jet have and if you ask any question to him he really change your path from civil service to other . Now come to overall they are not going to teach you whole syllabus and only for name there is teacher for science n technology and bio they teach you directly from wiki and most important there is no current affairs note you have to buy after paying 1.15 lakh. Now geography d b kumar is good one but he not going to teach world geography. Now economics as I said earlier supersonic jet and also he is not going to explain basic concept of economics and teach without explaining on board . I regret after joining you don't. Thanx
  • pls don't join sriram at any cost..pathetic and unorganised coaching..after attending sriram sir lecture you will come to know that you were just having press conference..
  • He is loaded with too many batches, looks very tired, skips lots of things.
    Found saying "I need rest and I will take it" after finishing the syllabus two days prior to the sheduled time.
  • edited February 2016
    Sriram is most useless person.A non serious,under prepared with current events with no interest in teaching as his age increases.He is neither good in Polity nor economy.Just does BAKAR in the class.
    History teacher [Sreenaih] is very good.
    Ethics worse.
    Essay worse.
    Most of the teachers recite from their notes =>Buy their notes =>no need to attend classes if you understand basics.
    Lack of notes =>no material to revise from at the last minute.
    Overall Sriram's IAS is the most useless coaching.
    A better strategy would be to join separate coaching/not much renowned coaching [as big ones are just THUGS] with even mediocre teachers [with less fee] as nothing great is taught be so called famed teachers of great institutes.No need to spend huge money of more than 1 lakhs and valuable time. Parallely join PT/Mains test series to know the locus of exam.
  • I am in Sriram's IAS 2015 oct batch...and here is my review ,subject wise ,

Polity by Sriram sir : First things first ,let me warn you that Sriram sir's voice lacks clarity and accent is not very comprehension friendly...so what he speaks I understand not more than 50%....that 50% was OK ,nothing phenomenal.But he likes tackling intelligent questions which you can't ask while understanding 50% only...this was my scenario though. His notes are on the lines with class discussion ,but in isolation not really worthy.

History classes : Simply BRILLIANT.Best of all in SRIRAM But Sriram's history notes are full of mistakes....so don't ever touch them if you are not attending classes,because Seeniah sir corrects them by dictating after lecture.

Environment : Was conducted by some young Ojit sir .Classes were good .

ESSAY : Don't know the name of faculty .Initially I found classes thought provoking but soon realize that it was all joke ,irrelevant and absurd.Since essays are about ideas and ideas are subjective ,other may find him good,like one of my friend is impressed by him..Same faculty also conducts English Comprehension classes for CSAT and there he was too detailed and complicated in his approach and afterwards I never attended CSAT classes because it's complete waste of time and money.I wasted money though saved time.

SOCIOLOGY : Classes were for 1 week ,I think. UTTERLY USELESS.

ETHICS : Two fellows ,one with name sanjeev kumar (for ethics and integrity) and other's name I don't know (for aptitude part) . AVERAGE at best .I am from technical background and subjects like these were alien to me.Faculties were unable to arouse interest in me ,that's why I am calling it average.Don't know how relevant there classes were.

GOVERNANCE: Only attended first two classes ,and they were nothing great.Decided not to attend rest of the classes.Faculty is a madam who appeared to me not very experienced ,if at all.Was looking more like an aspirant than faculty.Not satisfied,felt I could do all this on my own.

World History : By some jha sir .Classes were really GOOD . But I felt he was struggling to complete syllabus at end .Wish ,institute had provided 15 days for World history and not waste half a month on biology.I don't blame faculty here.

GEOGRAPHY : Name was D kumar ,i think . Classes were very very good .Some folks found him too fast ,but I really enjoyed his class.He is very clear when it comes to concepts.

ECONOMY : Again by Sriram sir. In polity I understood 50 % of what he said ,here only 30 % .Many folks say that he is great at economics...I strongly disagree.I found him tolerable at best.

Bottomline -

1. Indian History ,World History and Geography are worth every single paisa you spend.
    2. Sriram sir is very knowledgeable no doubt...but as a faculty he was disappointing.So ECONOMY and POLITY are mediocre.
    3. SOCIOLOGY was not good at all ,EIA, GOVERNANCE classes too are not worth of time and money.
    4. Don't ever go for CSAT classes.You can do it on your own.
    5. Management is friendly ,no doubt.No complaints here.

Comments on material:
    Institute provides a lot of material and large chunk of which is rubbish,irrelevant or too detailed or too sketchy from examination point of view .So don't go for buying Sriram material in market.

Final words (applicable equally to other coachings also)

It's not worth the money at all.Now they have increased their fee to 1.52 lacs including CSAT ,I think which is like robbery in daylight because 1.52 lacs for teaching XII level subjects is no way justified.I paid 1.26 lacs and wonder WTH?

Even if money is not concern for you,most of the classes were useless.So it is waste of time too.Believe me ,they don't teach anything "secret" or "groundbreaking" .

Comparison with other coaching classes

One of my mate is in ALS other in Vajiram and both feel same like me that you don't need coaching to clear this exam.Self study alone can save you. Also ,I found by discussing that in every coaching 2-3 teachers are good and rest are useless fellows.
    Don't take life too seriously , you will never come out of it alive.
  • div27 said:

i was their student in 2014 batch...science and tech is taught by banerjee sir...though at first it appears that it is good but after sometime you realise that most of the things he thought was not useful from exam point of view.

Sreeniah is one of the worst teachers I have had...
    He is arrogant and looks like he comes after having marijuana shots
    Jaguar
  • Skay said:

div27 said:

yes bro he does looks like jhannjhi...but i found his classes to be useful..infact according to me hes one of the best teacher out there
    Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
  • div27 said:

Skay said:

div27 said:

yes bro he does looks like jhannjhi...but i found his classes to be useful..infact according to me hes one of the best teacher out there

Individual perception
    Jaguar
  • don't join sriram for sriram. Doesn't know shit about pedagogy. I'm in the current batch where he just finished economics.
    The lunatic is in my head.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog