MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

CS Mains with Botany optional?

Hello all..i want people with botany optional to get together...at this thread..irrespective of chances of writing mains this year...i myself has grim chances [-(

Comments

• hi .. i have botany as optional ..
  • when u plan to start preparing for optional??
  • i m preparing it pal..

• hav
    i m preparing it pal..

have you joined any coaching or so for it ?? and which part you have covered and source as well..i am in research and a little distanced from core botany
  • i m doing all self.. as I also prepared for research through csir net. so have enough material for paper 2 . but for paper 1 which comprises mostly lower plant i buy some book like ( singh pandey jain for algae to gymnosperm ). and rest of part of paper one will cover by online material..
  • ok bro....
  • :-h ! Botany optional.
    What got me worried after seeing the mains 2014 question papers is the fact that why in spite of such factual and often repeated questions, year after year, we don't get hoards of botany optional candidates cracking and making it to top. Botany should have been one of the highest scoring optional and most sought after.
    What does the examiner want? How do we give an extra extra edge to our answer?
    Any idea How many cracked Or has anyone cracked cse 2014? What's botany's success rate currently?
    (Yup! A small question bank in itself)
  • @tiwari @suvi @Lenny9881
    Friend's, I need your help,advice and guidance following.
    My sister wants to prepare for csir netvwid botany as subject.can u plz tell me where I can get material in delhi for the preparation of csir net wid botany as subject .I don't gav any Idea.she wants to prepare for ifs too..plz suggest me the gud material online or offline for botany.plz help...I am in cse preparation wid other subjects no idea at all about botany material and all.plz reply...
    Thanks to all...
  • dont take tense about botany optional.if u have botany background in graduation then it is more simple to understand and to prepare subject.i have same optional for mains 2015 with additional agriculture optional for ifos mains
  • Hii everyone,
    I am from delhi, so do u guys know about any coaching centre which gives coaching for botany as optional becuz I want to start preparing for optional as soon as possible. this is my very first attempt so I am bit confused from where to study? Can you guys tell me the name of the books you have been reading and are these enough?
    Thanks in advance.
  • @suvi which website do u go to for botany materials...
  • i m doing all self.. as I also prepared for research through csir net. so have enough material for paper 2 . but for paper 1 which comprises mostly lower plant i buy some book like ( singh pandey jain for algae to gymnosperm ). and rest of part of paper one will cover by online material..
    For paper 1 you must have any book. Spj is good, content match with syllabus and part 2 of paper 1 I.e angiosperm of same writer. For any doubt in any topic I prefer online sources specially youtube. Certainly you will not get whole material in PDF for sure.. So have at least one book..
  • hi i just joined in this forum and i have botany as optional

hoping to help each other soon..... ;)
  • hi i just joined in this forum and i have botany as optional

hoping to help each other soon..... ;)
    did you join any coaching ??
  • Im too having Botany as an optional..:-)
    We can join to prepare for Mains by creating groups in wats app or telegram..!
  • Any idea where I can get previous years solved answers on botany?
  • edited December 2015
    Hi friends,
    Kindly upload IAS mains Botany question ppr- 2015.
    Thank you.
  • We should get together at a what's app group. Botany is a scoring subject and we need to focus on one particular seriously. Because we have insecurities in this paper. It will be good to only talk about botany at one place. Message me at 8586086385.
    I will add you to group botany optional. So whenever studying can post topics, books, PDFs sites, and webpages.
    Big step guys.
  • This year botany papers were very very easy.
    But sad thing is that very few have qualified for mains 2015. At allahabad centre we were only 3 students wid botany( out of arnd 400-500 who wrote mains). I guess the same fr delhi centre too.
    कसूर ना उनका है ना मेरा, हम दोनो रिश्तों की रसमें निभाते रहे;वो दोस्ती का एहसास जताते रहे, हम मोहबत को दिल में छुपाते रहे।
    @summum bonum
  • yaa i wrote from delhi , and at my centre i was all alone with botany , questions were straight but paper 1 was lengthy
  • edited February 2016
    Hi.. I have botany optional.
  • New to botany for ifos. Please suggest booklist etc
  • I got 126 p1 and 123 p2 878 rank
  • congrats sir..in both papers your score are very gud..it is encouraging ..thanks for sharing...@ shailendra :)
  • There is a whatsapp group currently active for Botany optional!
    Let me know if you want to join.
    Evolve
  • Currently it serves as a means to network with others with botany optional...
    Evolve
  • @Captain_Peroxide and whats ur cse optional?
    Sisyphus is happy.
  • @Captain_Peroxide Ok so other optional?? If we dnt fill cse than we save an attempt for it. Right?
    Sisyphus is happy.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog