ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

Reviews on Byju's Mains Test Series

Guys please give your reviews on the mains test series by Byju. It is really cheap. And if it is equally good, then this would be the best bet. And all those who had taken the prelims test series, how was your experience? Cause that was also equally cheap.

Comments

• evaluation will be done by same people who correct visionias and other institutes
    Don't ever let someone tell you that you cant do something
  • i went to their first test today.....atleast a 1000 people were there
    the only hurdle between you and success is lack of genuine belief
  • Paisa vasul bheedu :)
    Upsc upsc upsc upsc .!! Aur upsc !!
  • can anyone post the schedule ?
  • 1000 ppl in one centre ? .... mock test hai ya upsc ka exam ?
    seriously with so many ppl, checking ka kya haal hoga?

... i kept requesting them if i could write from home and send the answer sheet by hand ... but NO ....zero flexibility yaar ... orn mein tent lagake rene lagoon kya ?
  • Koi plz.paper share karo
  • I wouldn't be so sure about a 1000 people as they had a parallel scholarship test going on.
    Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends than that good men should look on and do nothing.
  • I wouldn't be so sure about a 1000 people as they had a parallel scholarship test going on.
    oh ok...might be possible...beacuse even i was amazed to see so many people....might be a parallel exam
    the only hurdle between you and success is lack of genuine belief
  • evaluation will be done by same people who correct visionias and other institutes
    r u sure?

• Vision IAS may hire people from jnu , du this time for paper checking. When the load is high, during Nov for instance, even students check th copies! 600 per copy!
    Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends than that good men should look on and do nothing.
  • Vision IAS may hire people from jnu , du this time for paper checking. When the load is high, during Nov for instance, even students check th copies! 600 per copy!
    Bhai vaccany hai toh batana... 2000-4000 check kar dunga.. Enfield aa jayega :P
    r u sure?

There are not more than 300 odd candidates who had been through interview last year in ORN and mukherjee nagar preparing full time... only these people will correcting papers of any test series happening in delhi... very rare to see a faculty correcting your paper..
    Don't ever let someone tell you that you cant do something
  • Dont go for byju..their content developer team consists of people who have not even cleared prelims or have just taken 1 attempt...
    I know this becoz i know someone with such credentials there.
  • I'm sure Byju is being corrected by a moron who , I know personally, knows precious little about the exam. Has anyone got the result on SMS or does one have to go to their office to collect?
  • Any one attending this test series?
    Please share paper if you have.

Thanks in advance
  • edited October 2015
    Questions are good.. if not of UPSC standard, they at least help you solidify your basic concepts.
    I found answer checking to be okayish; no detailed feedback, but it's alright. Besides, writing practice is all that matters.
    The model answer that they have given for polity paper is pathetic. But learned a few new things, and that's what ultimately matters for me.
    Besides, they give samosa and chai during test. Lol.

Not a bad bet for such low price. But don't rely solely on it.
    IAS 2016 batch.
    "My watch has ended."
  • Questions are good.. if not of UPSC standard, they at least help you solidify your basic concepts.
    I found answer checking to be okayish; no detailed feedback, but it's alright. Besides, writing practice is all that matters.
    The model answer that they have given for polity paper is pathetic. But learned a few new things, and that's what ultimately matters for me.

How is your optional preparation
  • edited October 2015
    Pathetic experience. Totally crap.
    The evaluation of the answer sheets is done by some moron.
    Not worth wasting even 3500 as they are catering to crowd only. The quality of checking, discussion, model answer is totally waste.
    I joined another test series after giving 4 tests in this sub-par test series.
    CSE 2014: Interview, Optional: Geography
  • Questions are good.. if not of UPSC standard, they at least help you solidify your basic concepts.

How is your optional preparation
    Hoping it to be better than last year.
    IAS 2016 batch.
    "My watch has ended."
  • I want to join Vision's mains test series.
    Should i join only test series(21000/-) or should i join "test series + value added materials"(24000) ??

Are the Value added materials are dynamic in nature ?? Or are they just static part of the syllabus ?
  • No need to pay extra 3k bucks when you can get them online easily
    I want to join Vision's mains test series.
    Should i join only test series(21000/-) or should i join "test series + value added materials"(24000) ??

Are the Value added materials are dynamic in nature ?? Or are they just static part of the syllabus ?
  • No need to pay extra 3k bucks when you can get them online easily

Someone has shared them here : drive.google(dot)com/drive/folders/0B7YJIXHJzDESRUd5VFI0Uno2bUU

They don't update the VAmaterials ???
  • Madurai ke mandir me ek bhugol chakta hai NGT ke head justice swtantra kumar ka kahana hai usme ozone layer ka zikr kiya gaya tha 700 saal pahale!

~X(
    I am a Disco dancer!! Ewwwwwwwwwww!!!
  • Hey... I am currently enrolled in vision mains test series... 2016 will bb my first mains... Should I enrolled in byju mains test series also?? Additional learning hogi??
  • Bhai don't join byju...additional learning toh bhool jao,Jo phle ki learning h Na woh b chali jaegi...
    vision is best among the lot as far as test series are concerned
  • Hey... I am currently enrolled in vision mains test series... 2016 will bb my first mains... Should I enrolled in byju mains test series also?? Additional learning hogi??

Bhai don't join byju...additional learning toh bhool jao,Jo phle ki learning h Na woh b chali jaegi...
    vision is best among the lot as far as test series are concerned
  • handshake said:

Vision IAS may hire people from jnu , du this time for paper checking. When the load is high, during Nov for instance, even students check th copies! 600 per copy!

Wtf... thats a lot of money. I think I'll apply for job in Vision if I clear prelims. That way Delhi mein rehne ka kharcha bhi nikal jayega aur next year k liye padhai bhi.
  • I opted for Byju mains test series last year.

Its difficult to recommend or not recommend it. So i will just mention pros and cons.

Pros:
    If you are only looking for answer writing practice then its obviously a good test series. Last year they were doing it in only 3000. Also one thing is that their schedule is inflexible. That pushes you to write test on time otherwise you would loose the test. And so you end up revising something which you wouldn't have done otherwise just because of laziness.

Copies would be checked mostly on time.

Cons: Too many

There will be absolutely no feedback. They just put marks.

Quality of checking is not upto marks. I really doubt if the person is actually reading the answers. There is average making for each question. 4.5/5/6 that's it. Sometimes I feel they read one or two answers and then award marks on the basis of length.

You don't get a rank. They don't share it. So you don't know where you are in competition.

Yours marks would be inflated. I rarely got less than 100 in any paper. It gives you false confidence.

I didn't attend any discussion, so can't say anything about it. Also the quality of their model answers are ok-ish. Too much fillers, seems they are written in an examination environment.

If you want a test series that will push you or you just want lots of writing practice (which is very essential for mains) go for it. It's cheap. But if you are looking for feedback find another one mate.

Hope it helps.

PS: These are my views. Many people out there may differ.
    Ahista chal ae jindagi abhi, kai karz chukana baki hai.
  • Haider said:

I opted for Byju mains test series last year.

Its difficult to recommend or not recommend it. So i will just mention pros and cons.

Pros:
    If you are only looking for answer writing practice then its obviously a good test series. Last year they were doing it in only 3000. Also one thing is that their schedule is inflexible. That pushes you to write test on time otherwise you would loose the test. And so you end up revising something which you wouldn't have done otherwise just because of laziness.

Copies would be checked mostly on time.

Cons: Too many

There will be absolutely no feedback. They just put marks.

Quality of checking is not upto marks. I really doubt if the person is actually reading the answers. There is average making for each question. 4.5/5/6 that's it. Sometimes I feel they read one or two answers and then award marks on the basis of length.

You don't get a rank. They don't share it. So you don't know where you are in competition.

Yours marks would be inflated. I rarely got less than 100 in any paper. It gives you false confidence.

I didn't attend any discussion, so can't say anything about it. Also the quality of their model answers are ok-ish. Too much fillers, seems they are written in an examination environment.

If you want a test series that will push you or you just want lots of writing practice (which is very essential for mains) go for it. It's cheap. But if you are looking for feedback find another one mate.

Hope it helps.

PS: These are my views. Many people out there may differ.

Yaar I think they are giving feedback this time whats your take on this years test series...confused...
  • Byjus is one of the worst series in my opinion. While doing research for test series i came across some materials. No words other than pathetic.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog