Vajiram or Sriram? Both Updated Their Fees for 2014.

Comments

• Being in Bangalore is very distracting... :D :D :D Brigade Road, Forum, Mantri, Garuda, et el..... :D :D
    I that case, delhi wont help either :))
  • @resurgam : I was just kidding ! :D
  • @resurgam @sanket002 Eitherways, no fooling around when we speak of UPSC. Gotta slog! ;)
  • I went to Sriram's last year, the October 2011 to April 2012 batch...

Subjects that Sriram sir himself takes are really good-polity(incl IR) n economy. He gives time for questions and will clear your doubts patiently

others-Geography sir was good, khadoos professor types but covered everything nicely

History was ok. You dont need coaching for history anyways. Just some things which he says are not imp at all. (like mahajanapadas). he is very funny in class, it helps somewhat in spicing up as i still remember some facts n events by of the anecdotes he made. helps in remembering. but then you can do that yourself as well.

S n T: okay sorts....you have read yourself n ask him if you dont understand anything. Even if he does not know, he will get back to you later.
    Biology-useless

CSAT-dont make the mistake of going there. They spent a month making us do numeracy...n see for yourself how many questions were asked last prelims from there.
    I went to Sriram's last year, the October 2011 to April 2012 batch...

Subjects that Sriram sir himself takes are really good-polity(incl IR) n economy. He gives time for questions and will clear your doubts patiently

others-Geography sir was good, khadoos professor types but covered everything nicely

History was ok. You dont need coaching for history anyways. Just some things which he says are not imp at all. (like mahajanapadas). he is very funny in class, it helps somewhat in spicing up as i still remember some facts n events by of the anecdotes he made. helps in remembering. but then you can do that yourself as well.

S n T: okay sorts....you have read yourself n ask him if you dont understand anything. Even if he does not know, he will get back to you later.
    Biology-useless

CSAT-dont make the mistake of going there. They spent a month making us do numeracy...n see for yourself how many questions were asked last prelims from there.
    sir what about tests in sri ram..i have heard that dey r not really interested in tests while on the other hand we have khan study group which frequently takes the test and evaluates it...which one would be better.????
  • First of all, please dont call me 'sir'

As for tests in Sriram, you have heard right. they take tests once a subject is completed. that used to be the case then, now i have no idea with all the new syllabus n all.

But then, this is 'coaching', not like school or college. where tests are conducted to ensure that students are studying. here, to keep up the tempo is upto you. you can write answers for your practice and give the teachers for correcting them, that way you can have an idea where you stand
    Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.
  • is it so...have you been to sri ram sir for evaluating your answers if this is the case and morever if can personally interact with teachers then it would be superb...actually i did my iit jee coaching and since then have an impression that these coaching sir may not offer answers to your personal querrries ...so i was asking for the same....n thnks for replying bhai ....c no 'sir' this tym...
  • has anyone taken the token for vajiram?...i got the waitlisted token ...its 105
    is there any chance that i can get the admission?
  • Also guys, is it necessary to take a token even if you are enrolling just for a particular optional like Pub ad etc for full 3 14 weeks course or is it just a walk in?>\
  • edited May 2013
    :-O with this huge amount of money i think i have to sell my kidney to study there.... anybody interested.. ?? =))
    if u drink, u may not find many takers :P
  • sriram vs vaji?

sriram for depth and coverage.
    Vaji for lucidity and their structured approach.
  • Hi All,
    I am very much confused about joining coaching institute.
    Earlier i had zeroed in Vajiram , but now i am little suspicious about it, as i am hearing mixed reviews .
    I have heard quite good reviews about Sriram's IAS but i am not too sure if there is any batch starting in september or october 2013.

Please if any1 can help me get rid of this confusion.
    Vajiram/ Sriram/ALS , which is best among the 3 and why ?

Thanks in advance :)
    Koshish karne walon ki kabhi haar nahi hoti ..
  • Hi All,

Need Urgent Help ....!!

Which Institute in Delhi Provides the best Printed Notes for GS Mains 2013 ?

1. Sriram' IAS
    2. Vajiram
    3. Khan Study Group
    4. Any Other ...

Bought Vajiram Class Notes ..But Content is repeated and not good ... Please Suggest ...Urgent ....!!!!
  • Guys,

PCM batch is starting for both this oct & pub ad this nov. I think coaching, if at all required, would be beneficial for mains only. Plus as per suggestions in various threads fundamentals should be clear through std books before plunging into class rooms.

Please advice if one starts with std reference books, get a grip and finishes mains syllabus (gs + optional) as per recommendations here by march'13 & then go for mains coaching along with focus on prelims ( in aug'14); would that be a good strategy to move ahead ?

So if anyone here can speculate logically the month in which vaji and sri will start mains batches for 2014, thoughts will be much appreciated (considering they might adjust their calender as prelims has shifted to aug instead of may) ?

Thanks!
    Do it.
  • march'14 * - typo in previous comment
    Do it.
  • Any coaching guy (experience holder) - request you to please share your suggestions and help clarify!

many thanks.
    Do it.
  • Does anyone know about shabbir sir's geography? Does her provide separate coaching for GS-Geo too?? And is there any possibility to interact with him personally about the preparation-his coaching-answer writing feedback...
    When they say you can't do it, it definitely means you have to do it!
  • If anyone plans on joining vajiram please guys beware of the history teacher Vikas bhardwaj. He is a fraud.
    http://iascoachingfacts.blogspot.in/2013/04/vikas-bhardwaj-his-game-and-tricks.html?showComment=1378623899566

• Can Somebody please tell which Coaching Institute to join as closing dates are very near:
    Sriram : 10th october
    Vajiram: 8-9 october

Any reviews on Mains 2013 course by both vajiram and sriram??? I have to leave my job
    for preparing, thats why bit confused between the two....
  • vaji is best undoubtedly --- systematic and organised.. sri is just an alternative , who are lazy to write notes.. sri is more active on forums (eco noes of sri is good) .. vaji dont even cares about it.. they think they are too big for it..
    class notes of vaji is undisputedly best...
  • Is joining subject-wise coachings for GS a feasible option?
  • There is a huge discussion about Sriram vs Vajiram. The difference is this: those in the know; those who want quality; those from Delhi, and other well-informed places are opting for Sri. Masses from interiors who are ill-informed and go by propaganda are going for vaji. 8/10 vaji students are regrettors while the rest are illiterate. sri updates regularly; vaji is pre- 2010; except one or two sidely faculty, all the rest of Sriram's are the best in the business. Sriram sir is a shining example. vaji tho naam par chal raha hai. Sri is the blind choice. dont talk to losers. talk to bright lot. they will tell you the truth.
  • sri ram is best
  • edited June 2014
    deleted- wrong thread
  • edited June 2014
    Kabira kahe ye jag andha... Kabira kahe ye jag andha....
    andhi jaisi gaay, bachda tha to mar gaya
    andhi jaisi gaay, bachda tha to mar gaya
    jhuth jam chataye.............
    kabira kahe ye jag andha..
    kabira kahe ye jag andha...
  • edited June 2014
    Rs. 1 lakhs per student.
    Let's say there r 300 students in institute
    1,00,000×300 = Rs.3,00,00,000
    one can easily have 2,50,00,000 as a profit less the expenses.
    Hmm, achha buisness he,koi company package ni degi itna
  • I am planning to join vajirao... Seeing all urs comment its does not seems to be right ... Please help
  • Can someone give genuine reviews of Vajiram or Sriram?
  • guys i want to help you guys because my room mate is feeling so helpless after joining vajiram. and i am a student of sriram and im 100% satisfied. sriram sir is the best in the subjects he takes . vajiram bas naam pe chalta aaraha hai. pachtaoge waha jaake.
  • recently i got my hands on sri's notes. i found them very easy to understand and to the point.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog