43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

Maths for Mains 2016

Hello Aspirants!
I hope it will be good to share our strategies and study approach for Mathematics optional for Mains-2016.
Helps and suggestions are most welcome!
When the Sun Rises, I wake up and Chase my Dreams!
An Attempt Old
·

Comments

• HI If anybody wants IMS Maths optional material contact me......
    ·
  • I am prepairing for 2016, still confused in optional Maths Vs. Philosophy...
    ·
    Do you have the original one?

An Attempt Old
    ·
  • Hey I really need this pls tell me
    HI If anybody wants IMS Maths optional material contact me......
    ·
  • hi all I am joining IMS from 12 Sep 15 . weekend batch and ll join regular from last week of sep. pls do share ur strategy n help each other to achieve success. I graduated in yr 2005 and now starting from zero.

Hopes are still alive.

·
  • @aman_9119 when hopes are still alve you don't need any other special things to reach your goal :) all the best
    CSE 2013 : Revolt
    CSE 2014 : Revolution
    ·
  • hi all I am joining IMS from 12 Sep 15 . weekend batch and ll join regular from last week of sep. pls do share ur strategy n help each other to achieve success. I graduated in yr 2005 and now starting from zero.

Hopes are still alive.

Sure brother ! All the best!
    :)
    An Attempt Old
    ·
  • anybody here from thane, mumbai ,navi mumbai region preparing for 2016 maths opt? please let me know
    ·
  • HOW HAS BEEN UR EXPERIENCE and how I the teaching stratergy ?
    hi all I am joining IMS from 12 Sep 15 . weekend batch and ll join regular from last week of sep. pls do share ur strategy n help each other to achieve success. I graduated in yr 2005 and now starting from zero.

Hopes are still alive.

·
  • Two candidates take an mcq based exam in which each question has 4 options.there r total 10 question....they attempt all questions...what is the probability that exactly two of their answers are same

Mere hisab se
    (1/4)^2 multiplied by (3/4)^8

plzz anyone....i have forgoten probability
    ·
  • Two candidates take an mcq based exam in which each question has 4 options.there r total 10 question....they attempt all questions...what is the probability that exactly two of their answers are same

Mere hisab se
    (1/4)^2 multiplied by (3/4)^8

plzz anyone....i have forgoten probability
    Multiply this by 10C2 (=45) that is the ways of selecting 2 questions (which will same answers) out the 10 given questions
    The Wound is the place where the Light enters you.
    ·

Hello!
    I am preparing for maths optional by self study... i stay in a rural place...
    Is the material available with you now?
    If it does then please reply...

Thanks..
    ·
  • Hello Aspirants!
    I hope it will be good to share our strategies and study approach for Mathematics optional for Mains-2016.
    Helps and suggestions are most welcome!

Hello.. has the coaching been started yet?
    I have a doubt in vector spaces.... does the syllabus cover vector double subspaces too,?
    ·

Hopes are still alive.

Sure brother ! All the best!
    :)
    Hello...
    Has the coaching been started?
    I have a doubt it vector subspaces... do we need to cover vector double suspaces too??
    ·
  • Completed LPP, complex Analysis n MA is running.
    ·
  • 3D completed
    ·
  • I am seeing ppl are looking for maths coaching and that is also all ims...IMS is not good for classes ..they are good for test series only. Prp yourself that will be better and join ims test series.
    If 10+ ppl looking for maths classes then I can plan to start online maths coaching in which I will select few topics which are imp and will try to finish in 1-2 months.
    My maths scores were - 316-2010/237-2013/263-14.
    ·
  • Can anyone tell how to solve the 2013 Maths I's problem no.2(c)(ii)?
    Show that the vectors v1=(1, 1+i, i) v2=(i, -i, 1-i) v3=(0, 1-2i,2-i) in C3 are linearly independent in the field of real numbers but dependent over the field of complex numbers.
    ·
  • morphious said:

I am seeing ppl are looking for maths coaching and that is also all ims...IMS is not good for classes ..they are good for test series only. Prp yourself that will be better and join ims test series.
    If 10+ ppl looking for maths classes then I can plan to start online maths coaching in which I will select few topics which are imp and will try to finish in 1-2 months.
    My maths scores were - 316-2010/237-2013/263-14.

Me too berojgar with Maths Completed. I can help with all topics other than some part of Fluid Mechanics.
    ·
  • Can anyone tell how to solve the 2013 Maths I's problem no.2(c)(ii)?
    Show that the vectors v1=(1, 1+i, i) v2=(i, -i, 1-i) v3=(0, 1-2i,2-i) in C3 are linearly independent in the field of real numbers but dependent over the field of complex numbers.

I have not solved in exam but this is simple only...
    Over a field of real no...take a,b,c are real no and check for
    a v1+ b v2+ cV3=(a-bi,a+c+i(a-b-2c),b+2c+i(1-b-c))=(0,0,0)..solve this As a b c are real no one shld get a=b=c=0

Over complex field--a b c will be complex and then one non zero solution will come So not linearly independent.

I have not solved completely so pl point me if i am doing anywhere wrong..
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google