MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batch of WESTERN Philosophy starting on 30th Nov. (EVENING) 05:00 PM-7:15 PM.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal (Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar (Rank-200, 2016)

Sociology 2015 Test Series Review

Comments

• Thanks @rahulp
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
  • @Jaime_Lannister बस दुआ में याद रखना
  • @neha13
    Discussion will be held tomorrow afternoon...will post about it in the evening after it ends
    About the test, I have written some points above

Few more points-

- wrote test on 3rd n got my copy checked on 4th(pretty quick,right?)

- Marking was great,no marks awarded for mere mentioning names or beating around bush.

- Shortcomings,mistakes pointed out well

If you want to ask about anything,do ask

Hope it helps
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
  • @MD47 ha planning to join nice ias test series , so u go 2mrw and have discussion and let me know how was that . I met sir some3-4 days back . Approx how many students coming n giving test? Any idea?
    The best way to predict the future is to create it . Cheers !!
  • @neha13
    Mishra Bhaiya aka Receptionist told me that very less students wrote test but said that class would be full on discussion day
    Will update tomorrow
  • Yeah yeah He said me same actually I'm planning to attend discussion class tomorrow but he daid class would b full space nai milega no seat
  • @MD47 @neha13 and others, any idea about VISION INDIA's Praveen Pandey sir's test series?
    (NOT vision ias but vision India).
    Please reviews !!
    CSE 2016: Insha Allah
    CSE 2015: This is it !! Rank mein 7 Again !!
    CSE 2014: Rank7 na sahi, rank mein 7 toh tha hi.
  • So what if space would be full,if u have joined the test series then they are bound to give us seat....don't worry
  • Nope dont know about vision india ... @MD47 still have to pay to him :D
  • @Rank7....Sorry bro,no idea

@neha13..... /:)
  • @MD47 you have any idea of Nice ias sociology printed notes?
    "God is great"
  • No but I can ask them tomorrow whether they they give any notes to regulars students or not?
    U want me to ask them?
  • Any idea about Sociology Test Series from Lukmaan Ias(PROF. MUZTABA HUSSAIN) ??
    I am confused between Bibhash sharma sir's n Lukmaan Ias' Test Series ??
    simple cut copy paste stuff.trust me.
    "i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
  • edited September 2015
    No but I can ask them tomorrow whether they they give any notes to regulars students or not?
    U want me to ask them?
    Nope. But thanks.

"God is great"
    simple cut copy paste stuff.trust me.
    K thanks

"God is great"
  • Any idea about Sociology Test Series from Lukmaan Ias(PROF. MUZTABA HUSSAIN) ??
    I am confused between Bibhash sharma sir's n Lukmaan Ias' Test Series ??
    Prof mujtaba hussain is an actual prof not an aspirant turned teacher( though some of these r gud teachers) . He has in depth knowledge of socio . He cleared my doubts. Take a decision after interacting wid him. I dont know much abt b sharma sir n others
  • People who have not / cannot join test series for any reason - I plan to start writing practice in a few days. My plan is to post a few questions, and compare our answers with others. The questions will be from old papers as I do not have access to any test series.

Those interested start brushing up socio from topic 1 onwards, and I'll put up a concrete plan in the next couple of days. I'll make a separate thread for it.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
  • Uias printed material seems very good I'm reading it those days

@MD47 i can come for a jolly ride in nice ias 2mrw. Mishra said to me neha ji aana mat bache seedhiyo pe beth jaate hn or ladte hn hamse puchiye seems he was scaring me :-??
  • @neha13....main toh Kal 1.30 bhaje hi pahunch jaunga ...Dekhte hai Kal Kya hota hai
    Mishra toh bhai hai apna.... B-)
    U coming tomorrow?
  • @MD47 @neha13 and others, any idea about VISION INDIA's Praveen Pandey sir's test series?
    (NOT vision ias but vision India).
    Please reviews !!
    Hi @Rank7 , I happened to join Pandey sir's test series discussion batch last year (in addition to Bibhash sir's and Vision IAS' test series).

Pandey sir's was not a test series that I joined but instead a discussion class of 8 lectures in which he discussed 8 papers that he had conducted for his test series. It was towards the end of October last year. Helped us a lot in Mains. Many questions were already prepared.

But as I couldn't make it last year, I am writing CSE again. And this year I have joined his test series right from the start. First test is today.

Even at the expense of sounding promoting his product, I can safely say that it's the best designed test series I've seen so far, with a great emphasis on repeating topics. And tests are every week. So you do stay in touch with Socio consistently.

Also, I did go to Praveen sir of Nice IAS and I have been a student of Bibhash sir's and Vision IAS' test series too, I can assure you my experience has been the best with Pandey sir. He is approachable and emphasises simplicity. One of his student's got 307 this year.

P.S. - I have no vested interest in any of the coaches mentioned above. Just giving a review based on my past experiences.

P.P.S. - If things don't work out well this year, please don't beat me up :p

You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)
  • :-D you go first and see kitni bheed hai then ll break mishras head >:)
  • "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
  • I was planning to join Vikas Ranjan sir's test series(Chronicle). It starts a little late this month, so I thought I'll have some time to study before test. But nobody here is talking about it!
    Can somebody plz give me any feedback about Vikas Ranjan's sir's test series - questions/evaluation/disussion ?
  • @Shkk I'm feeling like i shud visit praveen pandey sir once I'm staying close to mukherjee nagar , while nice ias will take me 2 hours in total + 1 hour exhausted = 3 hrs wasted so I'm still concerning abt this.

If u have some positive reviews abt pandey ji kindly share , I'll go n talk to him once then :-?
  • @Shkk Even I was looking for a Sociology test series. Will take your word on this. Will go and meet Praveen Pandey Sir.

NICE me aise bhi seat full ho gai hai.
  • @Shkk also let me know the fee of test series , aaj kal delhi students ko zyada he loot rahi hai :-S
  • I was planning to join Vikas Ranjan sir's test series(Chronicle). It starts a little late this month, so I thought I'll have some time to study before test. But nobody here is talking about it!
    Can somebody plz give me any feedback about Vikas Ranjan's sir's test series - questions/evaluation/disussion ?
    Brother, I have joined it, but could only tell you after 1st test.
    Rest, I have read n heard good about him \m/
    It's not over until i win!!
  • @neha13 - Fee is 12k. I paid 10k citing old student discount. You too can try saying a friend recommended.

@sud79 his office in ORN is at Vision India. Also, I believe primarily he's based out of Mukherjee Nagar. So do call him up before visiting. Let me know if you need his contact number.

You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)
  • My cover was blown today by praveen sir in class
    What an epic moment
    Sir also mentioned your name @neha13
    =))
    Aage Se Yahan koi update Nahi

Ciao
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog