ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

Sociology 2015 Test Series Review

@Socio guyz

Humble request to those who have taken test series earlier or have credible info( from their friends) to share pros n cons of teachers like Mahaptra sir,Praveen Kishore sir ,Bibhash sir etc

Please respond early coz they r starting tests in a few days
TIA
"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
·

Comments

• Mahapatra ... in vajiram.. they conduct test series for their classroom students.
    ·
  • Can anyone give feedback abt nice ias
    CSE 2015: Mains-1, Interview-1, Rank-0
    CSE 2016: Mains-1, Interview-1*
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Mehnat itni khamoshi se karo ki qamyabi shor macha de !!!
    ·
  • edited August 2015
    Oh...okkk
    Even though I took classes of M sir ,I didn't knew that its only for classroom students

@theguyinallblue
    Sir told us in the class that he will conduct tests either in ending Oct or early Nov.
    I'm in a fix now....should I wait for Sirs tests or join some other test series.

Thanks
    ·
  • Join any other test series... dont delay your optional till October End..

you can even try visionias.... their test series last year was very hekpful and their Model Answers are really good.
    ·
  • Help Needed!!!!
    Could anyone please share PDFs of Sociology Test series....Most of the coaching centres are charging exorbitant rates for online resources and providing facilities such as "online discussions via video streaming" which is absolutely useless for people like me staying in remote states like Nagaland where we cant even get good internet connection to browse the net...

If someone would kindly share their test series and resources for sociology in the form of PDFs from VisionIAS or other such similar institutes, I would be happy to compensate monetarily for your help..
    ·
  • If located in Delhi, choose any of the two, both are good. [Praveen Sir (Nice IAS) or Bibhash Sir (Sociology IAS)] but not Vision IAS. In first two you will have teacher to share your problem/discuss. If you are living outside Delhi then your first choice should be Sociology IAS and next Vision IAS. Only these two institutes have online platform to conduct mains test series.
    ·
  • Just came back after visiting Praveen Kishore sir
    Bada hi humble bandha hai yaar....impressed
    Let's c how well test series would go
    :)>-
    ·
  • called up vajiram .... they said that socio test series will be conducted after prelims results is declared ... time kahan bachega ???

when i asked if mahapatra sir will take the test series, their reply was - "we have no information regarding this" ..... then who else will know ? the tarot card reader ? ... stupid stupid people
    ·
  • Just came back after visiting Praveen Kishore sir
    Bada hi humble bandha hai yaar....impressed
    Let's c how well test series would go
    :)>-
    Kya bhai fees kam karwao humlog kisan ke ladke hai aisa boloo unse ,fees toh rakhi hai ambani ke batcho wali . I also went there but when heard of fees i was shockd
    ·
  • haa bhai 7-8k par baat paaki kro
    ·
  • edited August 2015
    Kya yaar....meri chalti toh main toh kam karwa hi deta
    Lekin yeh coaching waale toh Muje lagta hai apne baccho Se bhi paise le lenge agar wo Yahan class lene aaye
    ·
  • @student year
    I met Sir today....he specifically said....after prelims result...most likely in Nov.
    ·
  • @student year
    I met Sir today....he specifically said....after prelims result...most likely in Nov.
    @MD47

You spoke to mahapatra sir ? .... he is going to take the test series ? ... yaar after results how many tests can they take ? 4-5 ? .... do you know anything about the price ?

btw, did you check out bhibhash sharma ? ... his test series is for 10k ... but i have no idea how he is as a teacher .. i have "heard" alot about him but never got feedback from anyone who actually joined his class

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions. but i was planning to go and pay tom ... and i'm still dicey .... praveen kishore is charging to much ... koi discount nahin dete yeh coaching wale ? ... there are so many of us bakras that they can charge anything
    ·
  • @student year

1) Yes i spoke to Sir
    2)He will take tests
    3)Bhai Sir ne toh Nahi Bataya but someone else told me ki 5-6 tests honge
    4)No idea about price...seriously Batau?....himmat Nahi hui ki sir Se price ke Baare main poochun aur baaki logon se wahan Maine Baat nhi ki
    5)No I hv nt checked about Bibhash....no idea about him
    6) Going tomorrow to Praveen Kishore to pay....its a bit costly but many of the forum including a lot of serious candidates hv given extremely positive reviews about him

7)No idea about discount....aur agar Kal mila toh Bataa Doonga pakka

·
  • Thanks @MD47 for clearing my doubts :)

... i'm also going to go tom and check out PK and BS ... see who just feels better and pay .. though i'm leaning towards BS ... they have an online platform (and dont charge extra for it like pk) ... i live quite far from rajinder nagar so i like the option of writing from home

plus i need to check out the desks :) .... i'm a leftie, and i freaking hate those chairs with that side board ... i can't write in those damn things ... it used to happen in my cat coaching - i used to write with books on my lap ... proper table chair lagadenge toh kya kuch bigad jayega inka? itne paise lete hain and zero facility
    ·
  • :)>-
    ·
  • PRAVEEN KISHORE SIR IS BEST!!!

MY MARKS 276/500 all because of his outlook..
    ·
  • "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    ·
  • I am near Mukherjee Nagar... How is Bibhas sir? The website of sociology IAS seems promising.
    ·
  • I am near Mukherjee Nagar... How is Bibhas sir? The website of sociology IAS seems promising.
    Please go and talk to him. Enquire about the time he will take to check the test. He told me it will take more than 1 week, or maybe 2 weeks, per test.

Also ask him when will discussion take place.

CSE 2015. Got in.

CSE 2016. Hopefully, the hallowed All India Services.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google