ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

Suggestion Needed for Essay Test Series

edited August 2015 in Essay
Please suggest an Essay Test Series with good feedback approach.
·

Comments

• +1
    Please suggest anyone BUT Ramaswamy
    ·
  • Vision is good but u won't get personal feedback only suggestions on ur checked answer script
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
    ·
  • edited August 2015
    @hummingbird : It's almost a year, i am writing GS Test at Vision regularly and now at a stage where i don;t find anything new in their feedback which would helps me in improving my skills thus i doubt joining a Essay Test Series at vision would be much of value addition to me. Could you suggest anything apart from vision and synergy?
    ·
  • edited August 2015
    Guys how's the GS Score (or IAS Score) Test Series on Essay?
    http://www.iasscore.in/essay-test-series.php
    ·
  • kishi ko kuch idea hai kya regarding essay test series ?
    ·
  • vajiram usually starts an essay module post prelims. taken by Shabbir sir. what happened to that? not happening this year?
    ·
  • ramesh singh bhi kuch karata hai essay pe..
    One of the greatest mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results
    ·
  • +1
    Please suggest anyone BUT Ramaswamy
    For Essay, you primarily need "practising essay writing". But yes, you will need someone who has some experience with respect to Essay. Because Essay paper evaluation has very high variation in terms of score.

Coming to Ramaswamy, he is merely a strict and cynical teacher . But he knows upsc strategy well - at least the basics ( I took classes from him in the past )

The bad part is that if you don't like him ( or if you get late by even 5 minutes to his class - which is quite possible ), he will throw you out and all that. So that becomes a big headache if you have signed up for his 7AM class.

Apart from Ramaswamy, your options would be Vajiram & GS Score. Vajiram will give you some material, which you will find in the market. Earlier Abhilash, a great Essay guy was there, but he is no more teaches at Vajiram. And crowd there is so much that you won't be able to get your copy evaluated on time or even at all.

GS Score has a good module because it is designed like a test series, but the key is - actually going and attending every single class and test and getting it evaluated. If you do it for even 5-6 essays, and get it evaluated by the faculty there , and follow what they say essay will not be a big headache, assuming that you are aiming to score 50%+ in the Essay Paper.

Currently Answering Questions on ForumIAS | Do not call me Sir, I am no Knight |
    ·
  • vision or gsscore for essay test series....any feedback...i am getting confused...can afford only one of them
    Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration. - Dr. Mann
    ·
  • edited August 2015
    @Mahinder Meena
    Can u elaborate on negatives n positives of Visions essay test series?
    Thanks
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    ·
  • edited August 2015
    @MD47 : Can't comment with regard to vision essay test series. I have enrolled only for vision GS test series and writing test regularly since last 1 year, so i feel joining an essay test series at vision would not be much of value addition to me. Though i am quit satisfied with their GS Test series program.

For essay i am planning to join GS Score because their program is more focused on practicing whereas others are more oriented toward classes and less practice
    ·
  • I'm also getting inclined towards GS Score Essay program...wl go there tomorrow
    ·
  • vision or gsscore for essay test series....any feedback...i am getting confused...can afford only one of them
    vision is good I have attempt two essay so far got 110 and 116.though feedback is not of much use but it will give u necessary ans writing practice
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
    ·

You can join any. Doesnt really matter. What. Matters is that you write tests.

GS Score advantage over Vision is that it is a lean organization, papers will be checked timely and personal guidance will be available.
    Currently Answering Questions on ForumIAS | Do not call me Sir, I am no Knight |
    ·
  • I'm also getting inclined towards GS Score Essay program...wl go there tomorrow
    plz give feedback after your visit. Thanx in advance.
    ·

You can join any. Doesnt really matter. What. Matters is that you write tests.

GS Score advantage over Vision is that it is a lean organization, papers will be checked timely and personal guidance will be available.
    bro what abt the online classes...do they give timely feed back to online students?

Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
    ·
  • edited August 2015
    ·
  • edited August 2015
    I mailed GS score for queries regarding - test and discussion duration, skipping schedule test and discussion, and evaluation.

This is what they have replied (Copy - Past)

Dear Mahinder,

A. Mahinder sectional test will be of 1:30 hrs. Discussion will be after the test.
    B. Flexible time is for those who miss the test and want to write the test. It is applicable for both online and classroom students. If you miss any session you can access it's video.
    C. Evaluation will be done after test. You don't need to present at the time of evaluation. Once you will get the copy you can discuss about your copy with faculty.

For any query call 9953595114.
    ·
  • @mahendra , what is their procedure for online programme?
    ·
  • @Hero_saa : an online account on GS forum website will be created on your name where you can access -

a. essay tests, upload essay answer script for evaluation and check the evaluated answer script

b. all discussion/workshop video (of 3 hours that you have to complete within 6 hours once you the clicked start button and in case of any technical fault you can mail them to restore the video but it's not downloadable)

b. reference material (if e-copy is not made available than they will courier to you)

Also even if you miss any test (mostly scheduled on Saturdays) than can take the test later on any day as per your suitability and watch the video once you complete the test.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google