ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

Mathematics toppers please help us with detailed strategy for self study(without coaching)

I was bit confused between philosophy and maths,but now I have decided with maths,2016 will be my first attempt,please help me with detailed strategy for prep without coaching,as due to financial constraints I m unable to join coaching please help.Fellow aspirants may also come in.
First attempt 2017
Optional -PSIR

Comments

• Dude I'm not a maths topper but Prakash Rajpurohit+ Kashish Mittal's blog=Bible for maths aspirants.
  • I'm also going to appear in CSE 2016 with maths optional.Please buy the standard books and draw a timeline. Go through prakash rajpurohit and Kashish mittal's blog for booklist.We still have one year before prelims so try to cover at least 90% of syllabus before prelims,it's perfectly doable if you do 4-5 hours of study for maths, even every alternate day. (since we have a large GS portion to handle too but it's best to do at least 3 hours of study for maths daily). Set bi-monthly targets and finish at least 80-90% of them.Let's say I want to finish PDE portion in 15-18 days and then start the ODE part.now while preparing ODE portion,pls keep doing some typical questions from PDE after every 3-4 days as well.so by the end of a month you would have prepared the whole differential part of syllabus.keep rotating the topics every month like this so that by prelims 2016 you would have completed and revised the whole syllabus at least once.And solve questions from Std. books+previous year question papers for each topic.If you can go to Delhi then buy xerox notes of IMS or Brilliant tutorials (whichever you find cheaper),but it's not at all necessary.Do PRACTICE,REVISE,PRACTICE,REVISE..... n times (n depends on how much time you get after prelims and mains GS prep but 2 revisions can be done if you start today.) So keep faith on yourself and stay positive.victory is yours. >:D<
  • I'm also going to appear in CSE 2016 with maths optional.Please buy the standard books and draw a timeline. Go through prakash rajpurohit and Kashish mittal's blog for booklist.We still have one year before prelims so try to cover at least 90% of syllabus before prelims,it's perfectly doable if you do 4-5 hours of study for maths, even every alternate day. (since we have a large GS portion to handle too but it's best to do at least 3 hours of study for maths daily). Set bi-monthly targets and finish at least 80-90% of them.Let's say I want to finish PDE portion in 15-18 days and then start the ODE part.now while preparing ODE portion,pls keep doing some typical questions from PDE after every 3-4 days as well.so by the end of a month you would have prepared the whole differential part of syllabus.keep rotating the topics every month like this so that by prelims 2016 you would have completed and revised the whole syllabus at least once.And solve questions from Std. books+previous year question papers for each topic.If you can go to Delhi then buy xerox notes of IMS or Brilliant tutorials (whichever you find cheaper),but it's not at all necessary.Do PRACTICE,REVISE,PRACTICE,REVISE..... n times (n depends on how much time you get after prelims and mains GS prep but 2 revisions can be done if you start today.) So keep faith on yourself and stay positive.victory is yours. >:D<
    Thanx bro ,I don't have any friend of mine preparing for CSE neither i had joined any coaching,so to hear from a fellow aspirant always motivate,regarding prep I had bought krishna's matrices and LA book will complete them in a month(I don't know if I am taking too much time) then next topics..Keep in touch buddy thnx..By the way I reside in Delhi..
    First attempt 2017
    Optional -PSIR
  • Optional subjects gayeb hone wala hai 2016..

Focus on GS
    Gulf@mexico
  • Something big change to happen for 2016 onwards...

Be ready to gearup urself for the worst situation .
    Gulf@mexico
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog