Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

Agriculture vs Forestry:Better optional for IFOS

Hello,
i am preparing for civil services exam.i want to give IFOS exam.but i am confused between the two optional.Which optional is better among the two in terms of easiness in preparation and success rate
·

Comments

• forestry has been doing consistently good. Plus being in IFoS taking optional forestry will help in interview or pre where cut off is high for IfoS. i m taking forestry for 2016. what about ur other optional ??
    Pre 2015- Fail
    Pre 2016- Fail
    CSIR Life Science NET- 18 June
    Road 2018 (Last Attempt)
    ·
  • I have chosen Agriculture. I found Paper 2 very specific but managable. So, Forestry is better is you haven't studied Biology till 12th at least.
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • edited July 2015
    but too many people take forestry so it may cause scaling of marks.so i m worried

·
  • Its better to score 150 in Forestry than to take extra load by choosing a tougher and less popular optional which requires extra effort. If your sole aim is IFoS then choose whatever you want.
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • edited July 2015
    If you are from biology background then opt for agriculture.well paper1 of Agri is very easy and paper 2 is similar to botany..
    ·
  • edited July 2015
    i m from non medical that`s why i m confused between agriculture and forestry
    ·
  • @lazyalmond so what you have taken other optional subject ?? well if you take Agri then it's good for both ias as well as ifs
    ·
  • my other optional would be geology
    ·
  • BUMPING for new answers
    ·
  • BTW what's take of you guys for ifos ?
    ·
  • How are you guys scoring in prelims ?
    ·
  • Friends, Please help me with the source for DNA fingerprinting and seed Registration.
    ·
  • what s t

I have chosen Agriculture. I found Paper 2 very specific but managable. So, Forestry is better is you haven't studied Biology till 12th at least.

dusra optional kya h?
    ·
  • Is forestry and agriculture engineering combo allowed?
    Mission 2018 - Final assault
    ·
  • Is agriculture and forestry combo allowed for IFoS ?
    ·
  • @Paris no u cant
    ·
  • ans is big no...
    ·
  • edited February 2016
    @bdon It is yaar.
    The combo is allowed. Can you check onnce again?
    CC: @Paris @dheerajsinha57

I am taking the last part of this notification as reference.
    http://upsc.gov.in/general/ifs.htm
    ·
  • @Chomuphilosopher @"Robinhood pandey"
    @bdon @dextermorgan @dexter_morgan
    One imp query.
    If selected in IFoS can one appear for UPSC again? (By not attending FC and postponing the Course Training?).
    Any exact documents in support of your view?
    ·
  • PolicyGuy said:

@bdon It is yaar.
    The combo is allowed. Can you check onnce again?
    CC: @Paris @dheerajsinha57

I am taking the last part of this notification as reference.
    http://upsc.gov.in/general/ifs.htm

Bhai check the notification. The webpage u r referring to is of older format. Agri + Forestry is not allowed. Though Agri Engg + Forestry is allowed.
    ·
  • @loveindia yes u r right.
    Agri + forestry is not allowed.......
    ·
  • same query...engineering background..assuming that i study for the optionals after pre results,what is advisable in terms of effort and roi?experienced players please guide:)
    ·
  • same query...engineering background..assuming that i study for the optionals after pre results,what is advisable in terms of effort and roi?experienced players please guide:)

+1
    ·
  • I am from PCM background.My Optional subject in civils is literature.So very confused what to take.

Zeroed in on Agriculture,Forestry,Geology & Zoology.

My own interest is in opting for Agri & zoology.
    Can any experienced person help me to choose?
    No background in either agri or zoology. dont wanna opt for forestry bcoz everyone else is opting for it.

Help !
    ·
  • edited March 4

I am from PCM background.My Optional subject in civils is literature.So very confused what to take.

Zeroed in on Agriculture,Forestry,Geology & Zoology.

My own interest is in opting for Agri & zoology.
    Can any experienced person help me to choose?
    No background in either agri or zoology. dont wanna opt for forestry bcoz everyone else is opting for it.

Help !

Unless you share an optional in csm with ifs, it will be outright killer to manage both exams. I think its doable, if you start now, but don't expect to make an appreciable dent in the syllabus considering you will have to start with 10+2 level basics.
    Thhos majboot bharosa
    Apne sapno pe karna
    Jitne muh utni baatein
    Gaur kitno pe karna
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog