Residential Coaching Academy : Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi - Review Needed

edited September 2015 in Coaching & Websites
people please share your reviews about this coaching institute .
Pre 2015- Fail
Pre 2016- Fail
CSIR Life Science NET- 18 June
Road 2018 (Last Attempt)

Comments

• To be honest, my friend did not have a good experience there. He left it midway. Join only if necessary.
  • To be honest, my friend did not have a good experience there. He left it midway. Join only if necessary.
    thanxs man.
    Pre 2015- Fail
    Pre 2016- Fail
    Road 2018 (Last Attempt)
  • I don't know about others but one of my friend gave positive feedback about it and got into the service this time after staying there.
    Though I decay into the fields in the midst of our revenge, I will be reborn seven times to seize my sword!
  • I don't know about others but one of my friend gave positive feedback about it and got into the service this time after staying there.
    can u elaborate more . is the person active on this forum ? which attempt was his/her ? rank ? optional . it will be helpful if u can do so .
    Pre 2015- Fail
    Pre 2016- Fail
    Road 2018 (Last Attempt)
    can u list negative point abt rca. thanxs.
    Pre 2015- Fail
    Pre 2016- Fail
    Road 2018 (Last Attempt)
  • The staff their aired extreme views and he faced some discrimination from students and teachers.
  • in selection process they favour Muslim students, which is completely understandable.
    but from this year they are charging 6000 rs. from students for fooding and lodging.

if some one decide to come to delhi for civil services then there are other better places to live in delhi like rajender nagar and mukherjee nagar with some what 8000 rs cost and having access to top coachings.

but there can be some personal reasons for someone to live in jamia so cann't comment on that.

• in selection process they favour Muslim students, which is completely understandable.
    but from this year they are charging 6000 rs. from students for fooding and lodging.

if some one decide to come to delhi for civil services then there are other better places to live in delhi like rajender nagar and mukherjee nagar with some what 8000 rs cost and having access to top coachings.

but there can be some personal reasons for someone to live in jamia so cann't comment on that.

ohh free hostel was only thing interests. they are charging 6000 per month ?
    Pre 2015- Fail
    Pre 2016- Fail
    Road 2018 (Last Attempt)
  • I dont know about this year and this 6000 rupees news.
    In my knowledge till last year.......
    1 hostel accomodation was free.
    2 free limited internet.
    3 highly subsidised good quality food.
    4 reading room
    5 college environment
    6 some sort of scholarship
    but at the same time.......
    1 distance from mukherjee nagar or karol bagh is big
    2 room sharing.
    3 sometimes people feel discrimination on certain basis.
    4 sometimes they force to do their coaching classes even you dont want to.

• What kind of discrimination?? On the basis of religion? Are non-muslims considered infidel and treated as kaafir?

Or in History.. They ignore the Golden period of Ancient India and glorify Central Asian mughal rule in India...and glorify Jinnah?
  • In short they are biased. You will know it when you go there.
  • In short they are biased. You will know it when you go there.
    2 free limited internet.
    4 reading room
    5 college environment
    2 room sharing.

howz the study environment out there ?? hope there are serious aspirants and not who come for vacation. biased how ?
    Pre 2015- Fail
    Pre 2016- Fail
    Road 2018 (Last Attempt)
  • What kind of discrimination?? On the basis of religion? Are non-muslims considered infidel and treated as kaafir?

Or in History.. They ignore the Golden period of Ancient India and glorify Central Asian mughal rule in India...and glorify Jinnah?
    quote some relevant points bro.
    Pre 2015- Fail
    Pre 2016- Fail
    Road 2018 (Last Attempt)
  • Harish Dayama IPS 2013 batch from Delhi Karol Bagh ...joined Jamia Milia ..you can check ...J&K cadre...on Facebook ...can give you a better review...
    Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
  • :) :))
    I personally think it's one of the best... No charges( one time refundable fee:2k-3k).. Selection rate is awesome... This year out of 3(selected for interview) .. 19 got selected.. Wat else do u want?? Rest is upon u.. @Ruchinjaggarwal01 rightly pointed out.. Even harish was dere... So u can contact him..
    2 free limited internet.
    4 reading room
    5 college environment
    2 room sharing.

howz the study environment out there ?? hope there are serious aspirants and not who come for vacation. biased how ?
    Bhai study environment accha hai . Selection rate is also good. Ek baar ja ke reh lo. nahi pasand aye to patel nagar(near karol bagh) shift ho jana ya ghar apas aa jana . Aur aisa bhi koi discrimination nahi hai.
  • does jmi free coaching intake is twice a year ? does it has 2 centre ? any1 has latest pdf or link to it. ~X( :O
    Pre 2015- Fail
    Pre 2016- Fail
    Road 2018 (Last Attempt)
  • Can a general Hindu candidate apply?
  • @dexter_morgan :not twice... Only once.. But if u ll clear the prelims then u can directly enroll(subject to the vacancy... )
    @anu31 :either u have to be a regular student of jamia or fall under these categories : SC/ST/women
  • @dexter_morgan :not twice... Only once.. But if u ll clear the prelims then u can directly enroll(subject to the vacancy... )
    @anu31 :either u have to be a regular student of jamia or fall under these categories : SC/ST/women
    @ias beats when does the notification comes ? i have 2 PDFs with September and November entrance exam.
    have u joined it previously or given exam ?? thanxs reply awaited.
    Pre 2015- Fail
    Pre 2016- Fail
    Road 2018 (Last Attempt)
  • Notification will come in September mostly...yes.. ;)
  • Notification will come in September mostly...yes.. ;)
    woh november wala notification kya hai fir ?? bhai kya kya prepare krlu kuch guide kriye.
    Pre 2015- Fail
    Pre 2016- Fail
    Road 2018 (Last Attempt)
  • See I have closely seen them (both Jamia Millia and Hamdard study circle ) as I want to enroll and before that I personally scrutinize them.

Pros :
    1. Very Cheap Accommodation. (2k-3k incl food ).
    2. Single Room in Hamdard
    3. Competitive Environment as your surrounding will be very serious candidates who actually cleared entrance for these institutes which is really a tough process and very effective in eliminating non-serious one.
    4. Motivational talk by those who are already in service . (IAS , IPS ).

Cons :
    1. They are only for Muslims and backward. Go and check their list of admission on website that almost everyone is muslim there. In last year , I am unable to find other religions there.

2. These successfull list are just figures. They are not actual . For eg Let's say total Applications for enrollment are 5000. Then out of these only 50 are selected for admission for prelims in their institute. Now out of 50 say 10 clears prelims. These those remaining 40 are asked to leave institute. Now again admission are done for mains in which those 40 seats are filled . So total students for mains is again 50 . Now out of those 50 say 10 clears mains , then again 40 unsuccessful are out of institute. And again admission is done for 40 seats as a Interview guidance program . So final students for Interview are 50 . Now out of those 50 say 20 clears , then successfull are 20 out of 50.
    But are they really those students who enrolled for prelim course?? Nope !
    Check list of student admitted to prelims preparation course and List of finally qualified from their website and see how many name are common in these two list and judge youself.

3. Biggest tragedy is in Hamdard admission process starts in October- November and final list is out in december. classes in january every year. So what if you do not get selected (refer 1 , 2 ) then you miss admission in Vajiram , Sriran etc. and admission process in really tough for new comers , If you are senior and already in this field then you can get addmission but not newcomer.

4. No Coaching , Yess!! you see it right . I talked to several students already enrolled ,they told that actually they are here for accommodation and there in no coaching , just 1-2 seminar , tips and little classes /week.

5. This is very far from central Delhi and hub of IAS classes.

PS: Views here are purely personal and if you want to get actual idea then visit these institute and talk to already enrolled students and see list of enrolled students from website. You will find that prelims studenta and mains students are different. :D
  • How is Ashok Dubey sir who I see also teaches at these institutes ? He is for Public Admin ..
    Indian Foreign Service | Career Diplomat
  • @vvk2017.. All ur info may be true for hamdard but I m talking abut jamia Millia islamia.. N I can assure u that they have regular classes.. Abut selections.. U go dere n check..yes it is true that they take ppl after prelims but lemme give u that data too.. This year(2014) out of 100, 72 got selected for mains.. So don't u think it's a huge no..
    @dexter_morgan : bhai gs+csat +essay ka pattern rehta.. For essay abhi current topics pe aata.. Csat.. Basic reasoning+Quant.. Nd for gs u should go thru previous year prelims papers + focus on eco, history
    @mango_dolly :bahut jhelu type Hai.. :P though I have never attended his classes.. So this data is based on my friends gossips.
    :))

Only word of caution : u might not get classes for ur optional .. It all depends on the no of candidates. If there are 5-7 candidates in a particular optional then they arrange teachers for that..

Nyways very cooperative atmosphere.. N as rightly pointed out lot many people those who got selected regularly visits nd help others..

Bahut type Kar Liya.. Cheers! =D>
  • @mango_dolly Ashok Dubey sir used to teach at samkalp as well... until 2013... he mainly taught Paper 1, Paper 2 was taught by S K Mishra sir...
    Dubey sir would have been good... for the Pre 2011 era... looking at the questions in pub ad... his approach is not suitable.
  • @mango_dolly Ashok Dubey sir used to teach at samkalp as well... until 2013... he mainly taught Paper 1, Paper 2 was taught by S K Mishra sir...
    Dubey sir would have been good... for the Pre 2011 era... looking at the questions in pub ad... his approach is not suitable.
    Thanks .. The pattern of pub ad questions may hv changed but examiners still hold pre2011 views while marking .. So ignou type answers are awarded marks !

Anyone you know who can provide some more feedback on him ?

• @mango_dolly :bahut jhelu type Hai.. :P though I have never attended his classes.. So this data is based on my friends gossips.
    Some more feedback on his conceptual grip on subject and his guidance in answer writing ? Thanks
  • i m still not clear .... notification in September or November ?? 8-| what if i want to join in November ? what difference is sept recruit and nov both say coaching class from January.
    Pre 2015- Fail
    Pre 2016- Fail
    Road 2018 (Last Attempt)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog