ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

KSG vs Vision IAS? which weekend classroom program better?

edited July 2015 in Coaching & Websites
KSG vs Vision IAS? which weekend classroom program better?

Comments

• KSG has a better reputation for classroom programme
  • Aap ksg ko promote kyu kar rahi ho bina wajah
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
  • Pooja Kumar why are you spamming everywhere - (advertising for KSG) ?

• Pooja Kumar why are you spamming everywhere - (advertising for KSG) ?
    +1

Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
  • because it is good! :p
  • @neha231 .. Vision classes were not that great in their last batch. But their teachers are good. They might improve this year. Their test series is very good, which you will get with the course itself.

Of the two, KSG is little better. But their printed notes are very poor. So is the test series. They leave many portions of mains syllabus uncovered.

Go to both places and take demo classes.

• because it is good! :p
    Chal jhooti
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
  • I myself have seen the notes. It is good and the classroom notes is the most helpful. Most of us supplement these notes with standard books which is not much of a problem.
  • The notes are comparable to GS mentors notes
  • Pooja kumar

I think you have already paid the fee to them and now yo do not want to feel that you have wasted your money.

• aren't there people out there in this forum who criticize their coaching institutes in spite of paying ?
    which coaching have you joined ?
  • aren't there people out there in this forum who criticize their coaching institutes in spite of paying ?
    Yes, they criticise, but mostly in retrospective. Nobody criticises or likes to criticise the place they have payed money to and 'have to' attend classes. Hence, your case is self explanatory.
    Yes, they criticise, but mostly in retrospective. Nobody criticises or likes to criticise the place they have payed money to and 'have to' attend classes now. Hence, your case is self explanatory.
  • If anyone has any other suggestions apart from these two please mention it.
  • edited July 2015
    I myself have seen the notes. It is good and the classroom notes is the most helpful. Most of us supplement these notes with standard books which is not much of a problem.
    Even before attending a single class, you are shouting on every thread pertaining to KSG. Oh mam, plz stop it. Some needy might get affected by amateur views.

KSG is better structured... better reputation.... best notes..... comparable to this and that and what not...... Kindly take msg in +ve sense and engage in productive talk rather than discussing what you have not experienced yet...
  • I myself have seen the notes. It is good and the classroom notes is the most helpful. Most of us supplement these notes with standard books which is not much of a problem.
    Even before attending a single class, you are shouting on every thread pertaining to KSG. Oh mam, plz stop it. Some needy might get affected by amateur views.

KSG is better structured... better reputation.... best notes..... comparable to this and that and what not...... Kindly take msg in +ve sense and engage in productive talk rather than discussing what you have not experienced yet...
    You may misguide someone madam. Please be doubly cautious. Words are double edged swords.

• If anyone has any other suggestions apart from these two please mention it.
    Even I had started a seperate discussion on this but the above mentioned lady spammed and destroyed it.

Kindly let me know if you get any information on weekend batches.

• @neha231 .. Vision classes were not that great in their last batch. But their teachers are good. They might improve this year. Their test series is very good, which you will get with the course itself.

Of the two, KSG is little better. But their printed notes are very poor. So is the test series. They leave many portions of mains syllabus uncovered.

Go to both places and take demo classes.

Sir what coaching have you joined???
    What's better then ksg or gs mentors or modules.. plz help
  • according to @vortex
    just finished coaching with Khan Study Group. There are still some gem of faculties left. Shantanu Sir for Economics, Panda Sir for Geography, etc.

See, KSG is more renowned for its culture that it imparts. Regular tests and material. If you follow their policies you will surely get through but diligence is needed since their path requires lot of studies.

I can personally vouch for KSG as of now. Go ahead make the most of it.

so its your take .
  • edited July 2015
  • I am joining weekend batch of GS mentor .First I was thinking of IAS score because they might have good answer writing facility ,Good Test series but average faculty ,Small batch strength
    In the end the faculty is most important thing.
    I hope the faculty of GS mentor is superior.
    Vision IAS is expensive and have average classroom .

Kindly advise people.
  • what is the fee structure for the weekend batch?
  • Do VIsion provide classroom coaching, i have known it is famous for the test series
    Garima Saini
  • The notes are comparable to GS mentors notes

Their notes r not note in the sense that they r copy paste from different sources. In another word we need to make notes from KSG notes :D
    If you believe in yourself anything is possible
  • Is vision providing the test series for prelims and mains?
    Garima Saini
  • edited July 2
    garimas said:

Is vision providing the test series for prelims and mains?

If you mean test series with classroom course then yes.
    signature
  • yes, vision provides classroom coaching
  • what about ksg? I have seen their ad on fb?
    Garima Saini
  • I joined Vision Ias Pt365 and I found the worst teachers there. Only Social Issues and IR Ma'ams were good Rest was just showoff.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog