Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

Income Tax Inspector Vs FCI MT

edited June 2015 in Interview Preparation
Hi fuys!!!
Plz help compare these 2 job offers

1. FCI Management Trainee
2. Income Tax Inspector

Need to join FCI MT within this week.
·

Comments

• obviously Income Tax Inspector.....shoudn't be any doubt
    मंगल भवन अमंगल हारी, द्रवहु सुदसरथ अचर बिहारी ||
    ·
  • @Caterpillar : Sir, even i am of this view. But ours is a minority view. So cautiiousness is desired. Plz tell me that why are u in favor of FCI MT (Depot)
    ·
  • @manish2405 , @Caterpillar : Basically I want to tell u one more thing
    FCI MT (Depot) is a Manager level post
    It is 3 ranks above AG 3.
    AG 3 is the most common job of FCI
    So plz dont confuSE between MT and AG3

Rank wise, MT is higher than an inspector, though MT is an officer of PSU, while Inspector is a junior officer of Tax Bereaucracy

Even pay band of MT (Depot) is more than ITI.

Just stated these facts for ur perusal

·
  • ITI ki job thankless hai ek dum......sirf paise hai usme vo bhi black bas isliye prefer karte hain log.....
    ·
  • @Caterpillar : sir aap ne to philosophy kar di, i wanted comparison of ranks, pay package , work roles, job satisfaction, responsibility, promotion

Sm more facts, in ITI, I wont be in North , In FCI, always north
    Also in FCI, after 5-6 years, promotion is to rank of Agm
    ·
  • Har criteria pe FCI mngr better hai except rishwat as compared to iti
    ·
  • @kk12_ Was your joining letter for Nov2013 FCI exam ie Advt. No.1/2013-FCI Management Trainee (MT) exam?
    Get busy living
    or
    Get busy dying

·
  • How was the training at IFS Gurgaon? Liked it?
    When a dream dies, a new hope is born. What seems like an end is probably another beginning!
    ·
  • @Phoenix_Saga : yet to join, thats why asking it
    ·
  • edited June 2015
    All the best, in case you join...Good luck.... And hope you get a FSD of your choice
    When a dream dies, a new hope is born. What seems like an end is probably another beginning!
    ·
  • @kk12_ Sir, kabhi hamare sawalo ka bhi jawab dia karo...hume bhi janne ka man karta hai :)
    Get busy living
    or
    Get busy dying

·
  • Kya baat rishwat....agar depo me ho to itna paisa aur kaha... An avg guy in depo earns upto crore in a year if he wants...training me trainer hi bolte hain... Food corruption of India naam hai... Most of the managers are chargesheeted because its the rule rather than exception...when my frnd askef abt the salary in a depo in jharkhand where he was deputed for training ...his boss said...yahan salary uthata kaun hai... Sala corruption ka gadh hai ye FCI....genuine news...
    ·
  • But work culture bahut hi kharab hai... I will suggest IT inspector...
    ·
  • ITI is much better..
    SDM :UP-2015
    ·
  • ITI, more visible and respectable.
    ·
  • @liverpool
    FCI is rotten to the core. Unfortunately and with a heavy heart I accept the fact that FCI is one of the most corrupt organisation in the country but you have grossly exaggerated the scale here. One crore? Seriously Sir?
    Most of the trainers in the FCI IFS Gurgaon are people unwanted in the field because of their incompetence and useless disposition, it is the doghouse of this organisation. They have, thus, nothing to say except criticise.
    @kk12_
    Most of the corruption in FCI is because of the promotee managers, on the wrong side of 50, who are completely indoctrinated by the time they reach the managerial level. However, In the last two batches, 2011 and 2014, there are individuals who have shown the spine to stand their ground in the face of overwhelming tide of corruption. Everyone else has fallen in line.
    The executive post of Manager in FCI carries a lot of power and responisbility. If you appreciate authority and are willing to get your hands dirty,then Welcome to the fold. It will definitely be extremely tough.
    Otherwise you can flow with the current and lead a easy life in FCI and earn a lot. Let Ramdev and Kejri scream.
    Many guys in my batch have stayed with FCI even though they were selected in SSC ITI.
    CAUTION: No time to prepare for UPSC at all if you do not get an Office desk.

If you can take it, you can make it.
    I will fight till the end, be it bitter, be it glorious.
    ·
  • I would love to have the names of trainers in IFS who feed these to the MTs... Please be kind enough to inbox me the names
    ·
  • I have seen people on these forums and facebook groups ( mostly aspirants from Hindi-speaking belts ) recommending SSC jobs over everything else from RBI , Nabard to AAI , FCI and I do not understand ,why ?
    ·
  • shld i apply for FCI MT (Movement) or MT(general)?? which one is better ?? no depot vacancy in north zone
    ·
  • Movt. If you want to really contribute and work, General if you excel in swatting flies and killing time.
    ·
  • @kk12_ Bro Did you read anything related management questions of paper 1? what would be the good source for that section?
    ·
  • edited June 2015
    one guy here in my small town working in FCI has bought an AUDI,have never seen it outside and i was once passing across his house's gate, saw the car's logo by chance.

how he has managed to evade income tax people is unknown to me :-?
    ·
  • @karan_004
    The link to apply is hosted on the website fcijobportal. FCI has a dedicated website for recruitment.
    ·
  • edited June 2015
    @an225
    Are you sure it was not a Jaguar or Ferrari? FCI people normally do not go for low end cars like watered down versions of Audi.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog